Rank the OT

xen

On 3/24/2021 at 1:42 AM, jetlord said:

Leatherwood seems to have sipped out of the conversation of the top five OTs.  Don't know why.  It will be interesting to see the rankings after all the pro days are completed and compiled.

His measurables are off the chart!   He played well at Alabama just wasn't overwhelming for a guy that is a beast.

Hard to believe that 2" difference in arm length matters that much but the numbers don't lie.  Sure there is an outlier here or there but the majority of good/great OT's have 34" or longer arms.     Crazy that so many of these guys are barely 33".

From that study most good LT's have 34.5 inch arms.  Most in this draft barely have 33 inch arms.  I do think there is some validity to it.  I know I want our guy to have long arms as Pat drifts a good bit and every inch helps.   I'm kinda warming back up to Alex Leatherwood a little bit and this Stone Forsythe as  2nd round picks and use that 1st for a DE, OC, or WR.      I could definitely live with Landon Dickerson at 31 and Alex, Stone, Little at 63!     We might have a few bumps this year but our line would be stacked for the next 3-4!!!   

Arm length is overrated.  There have been plenty of good tackles with arms length under 34.  Hell in the last 3 years alone 9 tackles have made PFF's top 10 graded tackles with arms under 34.  That guy was cherry picking.

Some guys have long arms but don't use their length well to stay clean.  Some guys make up for it with quickness or strength.  Hell Sewell came in under 34 but I have no doubts he can be a tackle.

Honestly as long as you hit a minimum threshold other things like technique are much more important.

Welp finally sat down and watched some Stone Forsythe.  Really really good in pass pro.  He's a load to get around.  He's got to be top 3 in pass pro in this tackle class.  Pretty meh run blocking.  I can see why Veach is on him.  

Combined with the measurements and workout I think he's squarely in the discussion, maybe even in round 1.  

39 minutes ago, xen said:

Welp finally sat down and watched some Stone Forsythe.  Really really good in pass pro.  He's a load to get around.  He's got to be top 3 in pass pro in this tackle class.  Pretty meh run blocking.  I can see why Veach is on him.  

Combined with the measurements and workout I think he's squarely in the discussion, maybe even in round 1.  

Doesn't round one seem a little early for Stone?  He probably could be had at the end of two and at the least the Chiefs could move down from #31 and get him mid second.

2 hours ago, xen said:

Could he fall to 2nd round?   

9 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

Could he fall to 2nd round?   

Sure.  Hell, he could fall even later if teams don't like his run blocking.  To me, he's a late round 1 to round 2 guy, but I value pass blocking over anything else in a tackle.  

But really, there's so many of these tackles it's hard to tell where they're going to go.  It's pick your favorite flavor of ice cream time.  Hell I can see scenarios where Sewell is not the first tackle off the board.  We could see a ton of tackles go in the first or just a few with people thinking they can get quality later.   This is just a really weird year.

I've never seen so many quality linemen in a draft.  It's nuts.  And it's so hard to stack these guys with the opt outs as, besides lack of recent film on some of them, we have no way of knowing which teams will ding guys for opting out. Some most assuredly will.

Personally I think Stone just screams Andy Reid tackle.  And he's not a horrible run blocker it's just the outstanding length that makes him a great pass blocker doesn't give him a ton of leverage in run blocking.  Hard to get up under a guy's pads when you're a thousand feet tall.

9 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

How about his draft? 

Screen Shot 2021-04-03 at 11.32.48 PM.png

Not bad.  I kinda also want an X receiver higher.  I think it’s more important than center.  Plus Dickerson's injury history kinda scares me.

Good value on the receivers but I think both those guys need a year or 2 to contribute.  Good not great athletic profiles may put them further down Veach's list as well.

22 minutes ago, xen said:

I got all the speed lol.  Yes Moore can play X.  Reminder we have like 2 receivers or some shit under contract next year.  Time to stock up.

Screenshot_20210404-101920_Chrome.jpg

Its just too hard for me to get my mind around small receivers.  The Chiefs already have two and don't need another DAT or Hardman.  Fehoko probably won't last until mid sixth but who knows?  You seem pretty locked onto Stone as the LTOTF.  Hard to rank him but late third seems about right at this point.  Let's just hope the Chiefs find a willing trade partner that wants a five year first rounder.  

16 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Its just too hard for me to get my mind around small receivers.  The Chiefs already have two and don't need another DAT or Hardman.  Fehoko probably won't last until mid sixth but who knows?  You seem pretty locked onto Stone as the LTOTF.  Hard to rank him but late third seems about right at this point.  Let's just hope the Chiefs find a willing trade partner that wants a five year first rounder.  

Not locked on Stone just wanted to do a mock with him in there.  Frankly PFN has him way too low.

Moore has game and the strength to get off press on the outside.  Don't get caught up in his height.  Veach isn't afraid of that as long as they are an elite athlete with speed.  

PFN has Moore way too low on their board too.  I doubt he drops nearly that far 

9 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Leaves us without a WR 2! Who's Pat supposed to throw to? Step into my office! You're fuckin fired!

Tyreek Hill, Travis Kelce, CEH, Hardman, Robinson....you know the same guys he threw to last year that go us to the SB plus Callaway, Tremble, Palmer and Powell.

8 hours ago, xen said:

Not bad.  I kinda also want an X receiver higher.  I think it’s more important than center.  Plus Dickerson's injury history kinda scares me.

Good value on the receivers but I think both those guys need a year or 2 to contribute.  Good not great athletic profiles may put them further down Veach's list as well.

Doesn't matter who we select at WR it's gonna take them a year to be a contributor imo.   Landon's history does scare me but he's an immediate starter at center an a huge upgrade and he allows Pat a pocket to step into and running lanes for CEH to run.   I picked developmental wr's because its gonna take a year regardless.  Palmer is a great developmental X and Powell could be a steal in the draft.   Also this draft allows us to use what money we have left to grab a guy like Okung and snag a wr that gets cut after the draft for a year.   

47 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

Tyreek Hill, Travis Kelce, CEH, Hardman, Robinson....you know the same guys he threw to last year that go us to the SB plus Callaway, Tremble, Palmer and Powell.

I'm excited about Calloway. I hope he shows up, with his head down ready to work.