Rank the OT

xen

On 4/4/2021 at 8:22 AM, xen said:

I got all the speed lol.  Yes Moore can play X.  Reminder we have like 2 receivers or some shit under contract next year.  Time to stock up.

Screenshot_20210404-101920_Chrome.jpg

Love me some Quinn Meinerz...had a great senior bowl and could lock down center

2 hours ago, jetlord said:

Would you take Meinerz ahead of Creed?  They both could go in round two but Meinerz is more likely to last until the Chiefs pick.  

I would.  

I love value and I think he only drops because of small school.  If Meinerz played for a top program he would be a lock for the 1st round.

Id like to see a little trade down with #31....then grab Little, Meinerz and Forsythe 

1 hour ago, Balto said:

I would.  

I love value and I think he only drops because of small school.  If Meinerz played for a top program he would be a lock for the 1st round.

Id like to see a little trade down with #31....then grab Little, Meinerz and Forsythe 

I could totally live with those three.  Hedge your bets Niang and Little pan out.   Shoot Forsythe might be better than both.  Would love having too many tackles.   

10 hours ago, Balto said:

I would.  

I'd certainly go for the idea of an OT and OC early in the draft and trading down is my favorite scenario.  Going after two OTs in the first three days might be overkill.  The need at X receiver, edge, and LB can't be overlooked until the late fourth and even with a trade down, assuming it's a maximum of ten or twelve slots, won't do much more than move a late fourth to an early third.  It will be interesting to see how teams value Little.  There's not many  monks out there that have him going before #40 and most much later.  Unless the teams see something that the sports media doesn't, Stone will last until the third round.  Meinerz is all over the boards, but the Chief can scramble to get him the second day if he's their priority.  

15 hours ago, jetlord said:

Would you take Meinerz ahead of Creed?  They both could go in round two but Meinerz is more likely to last until the Chiefs pick.  

I would take Creed over Meinerz.  Athletic profile is similiar (Creed was a 10.0 RAS which is amazing) but people forget that Meinerz to center is a projection based on his work at the senior bowl.  He was a left guard in college.  Also he was division III.  While I like both guys a lot there's no doubt Creed comes with fewer questions.  That said if I could get Meinerz lower I'd have no problems doing that.  

2 hours ago, xen said:

I would take Creed over Meinerz.  Athletic profile is similiar (Creed was a 10.0 RAS which is amazing) but people forget that Meinerz to center is a projection based on his work at the senior bowl.  He was a left guard in college.  Also he was division III.  While I like both guys a lot there's no doubt Creed comes with fewer questions.  That said if I could get Meinerz lower I'd have no problems doing that.  

I agree and I think the value of having to take Creed much earlier than Meinerz is what leans me to Meinerz.  I also think Meinerz has a higher updside BUT also a lower downside as well 

4 hours ago, jetlord said:

I'd certainly go for the idea of an OT and OC early in the draft and trading down is my favorite scenario.  Going after two OTs in the first three days might be overkill.  The need at X receiver, edge, and LB can't be overlooked until the late fourth and even with a trade down, assuming it's a maximum of ten or twelve slots, won't do much more than move a late fourth to an early third.  It will be interesting to see how teams value Little.  There's not many  monks out there that have him going before #40 and most much later.  Unless the teams see something that the sports media doesn't, Stone will last until the third round.  Meinerz is all over the boards, but the Chief can scramble to get him the second day if he's their priority.  

Maybe something like this:

Miami gets:

#1.31

Chiefs get:

#2.50

#3.81

Then:  #50-Little, #63-Meinerz, #81-Stone.  Think all the picks would be a small reach BUT we get our guys!

OR

#50-Impact player, #63-Little, #81-Meinerz, #94-Stone.  Thats probably better when it comes to value

23 minutes ago, Balto said:

Miami gets:

#1.31

Chiefs get:

#2.50

#3.81

Then:  #50-Little, #63-Meinerz, #81-Stone.  Think all the picks would be a small reach BUT we get our guys!

OR

#50-Impact player, #63-Little, #81-Meinerz, #94-Stone.  Thats probably better when it comes to value

If Stone Forsythe is available at 94, I will move to Arizona and become your butler.

42 minutes ago, Balto said:

Miami gets:

#1.31

Chiefs get:

#2.50

#3.81

OR

Ran a simulation on that trade and went.   This draft addresses line early and then finds a good #2 prospect at WR and 2 upgrades at LB that will get a year to develop into a young, dynamic, athletic LB corp (Gay, Barnes, Surratt).   Stevens can replace Sorensen in 2022.   Odeyingbo doesn't do much this year but next year when we need talented bodies he can step in and he falls this year because of his late year injury.     Fehoko is a developmental X with talent.

50 - Walker Little - OT

63 - Meinerz - OC

81 - Amon St. Brown - WR

94 - Chazz Surratt - LB

136 Dayo Odeyingbo - DE - Injured but future high potential

144 Derrick Barnes - LB

175 JaCoby Stevens - S

181 Semi Fehoko - WR

22 hours ago, xen said:

Yep:

Screenshot_20210406-183053_Chrome.jpg

Love this website btw!  

Did you see that TE Sammis Reyes?  DAMN

image.jpeg.ea044d2354350440a715bd93a931e4fc.jpeg

Compare him to Pitts

image.jpeg.e99814e91b681ad204995bd4f538bba6.jpeg

Yes I know I know Pitts is a proven TE that has actually played football haha BUT wow the upside to this Reyes guy!  Reid and Mahomes should be able to maximize his skills

image.jpeg

Also Xen I know we look at Creed and Quinn at center but take a look at Rashawn Slater.  Top 5 skills guy but if teams think he is a little to small for LT he could drop a little more.  If you take his ONLY negative traits H/W and throw those into OC he would be a 10!  I'd LOVE to trade up for this guy and gain the ability to play him anywhere but make him our All-Pro center.  Do you trade up for a center hmmm 

41 minutes ago, Balto said:

Also Xen I know we look at Creed and Quinn at center but take a look at Rashawn Slater.  Top 5 skills guy but if teams think he is a little to small for LT he could drop a little more.  If you take his ONLY negative traits H/W and throw those into OC he would be a 10!  I'd LOVE to trade up for this guy and gain the ability to play him anywhere but make him our All-Pro center.  Do you trade up for a center hmmm 

I think Slater is the top center in this draft and it's not that close.  I think he be a:  good tackle, or a great guard, or an all pro center.  I wrote him off as I don't think he falls that far.

That said, I'd find it hard to trade up for a center while needing a left tackle.  I do think Andy is one of those coaches who wants a certain body type at tackle and don't think he fits that, but man if he falls really hard?  If have to consider that.

50 minutes ago, Balto said:

Love this website btw!  

Did you see that TE Sammis Reyes?  DAMN

image.jpeg.ea044d2354350440a715bd93a931e4fc.jpeg

Compare him to Pitts

image.jpeg.e99814e91b681ad204995bd4f538bba6.jpeg

Yes I know I know Pitts is a proven TE that has actually played football haha BUT wow the upside to this Reyes guy!  Reid and Mahomes should be able to maximize his skills

image.jpeg

lol yeah I saw it.  Sick.

15 minutes ago, xen said:

I think Slater is the top center in this draft and it's not that close.  I think he be a:  good tackle, or a great guard, or an all pro center.  I wrote him off as I don't think he falls that far.

That said, I'd find it hard to trade up for a center while needing a left tackle.  I do think Andy is one of those coaches who wants a certain body type at tackle and don't think he fits that, but man if he falls really hard?  If have to consider that.

2022 1st, 2nd and Hardman for Eagles #12 pick to get him?

4 minutes ago, Balto said:

2022 1st, 2nd and Hardman for Eagles #12 pick to get him?

I wouldn't.  I mean, he's a great prospect but I don't see him as an all pro left tackle.  With all the tackles in this draft I'd just let the draft fall to me.  If he fell past 20 I'd start thinking hard and fast.

8 hours ago, xen said:

I don't get taking meinerz when we have a similar guy in Allegretti. With Allegretti having some time at center in college and played in the big 10 where he ranked very high

I just don't see taking Meinerz when we have Allegretti.  

Not Creed I get.  He played center.  Same with Dickerson

Allegretti has shown he can play in the league.  Even if it is at guard.  

Meinerz is a D3 kid that played guard the whole time.  We have plenty of guards.  And a similar guy in Allegretti.