Mahomes Gives KC Cap Relief

18 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

sure he can ..why not? Patience is a virtue says the old bull to the young bull. Wait for the madness of the  first few days to end and see who  is left over that will take a realistic deal.

Sit and wait with $30M in cap space?  Would think sit and wait and you miss out on the elites.

2 hours ago, oldtimer said:

Honest question:  what  would of been your suggestion?

Mahomes' contract was structured in such a manner so no surprises there but before contemplating any structures on Kelce or Jones I would prefer saving around 13-15 million by extending HB. That should give us more than enough money for FA this year. Less number of structures should be the key IMO for future relief.

18 minutes ago, sith13 said:

Mahomes' contract was structured in such a manner so no surprises there but before contemplating any structures on Kelce or Jones I would prefer saving around 13-15 million by extending HB. That should give us more than enough money for FA this year. Less number of structures should be the key IMO for future relief.

you are assuming this is not in the works as well

4 minutes ago, sith13 said:

I'm guessing it's a sure thing as everyone in town is happy with him but I imagine they would prioritize it over so many restructures. 

devil is in the details and the contract does not have to be done ASAP ..might be using that  $$ as a "savings account"  while not  making a few more years commitment 

23 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

devil is in the details and the contract does not have to be done ASAP ..might be using that  $$ as a "savings account"  while not  making a few more years commitment 

True. Let's just hope there's a great FA plan with so much cap space coming up in the short term. 

The Chiefs are not tendering tight end Deon Yelder as a restricted free agent, Tom Pelissero of NFL Media reports.

Yelder, 26, played six snaps in Super Bowl LV after being activated back to the active roster from injured reserve. He went on injured reserve Jan. 16 with a groin injury.

He caught seven passes for 36 yards in 14 regular-season games in 2020. Yelder played 194 offensive snaps and 89 on special teams.

Yelder has spent three seasons with the team.

In his first two seasons, Yelder played 12 games with one start and caught three passes for 50 yards.

Yelder played all three postseason games in 2019, catching one pass for 11 yards against Houston in the divisional round.

4 hours ago, sith13 said:

there deals where structured pretty close the same as mahomes, this is just moving a roster bonus to a signing bonus, no new money here. 

4 hours ago, sith13 said:

I'm guessing it's a sure thing as everyone in town is happy with him but I imagine they would prioritize it over so many restructures. 

these restructures did not even require player agreement, in the end, mahomes, kelce, and jones, get there money a few months early this is the entire deal. roster, vs signing bonus.. prorates that part converted over how many ever years.. none of these are more than 2 or 3 per.. together its pretty signifigant, and it seems like it was structured as a safety net.. while still paying these guys.. nice work.

• 3 weeks later...

11 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

I'm not scared

Always new about the existence of turf toe but have no idea about the recovery process. Nevertheless Mahomes in a boot is kind of nervous for me as people keep talking about how the turf toe can linger for a while. Hopefully it's just a routine caution due to the surgery. 

1 minute ago, sith13 said:

Always new about the existence of turf toe but have no idea about the recovery process. Nevertheless Mahomes in a boot is kind of nervous for me as people keep talking about how the turf toe can linger for a while. Hopefully it's just a routine caution due to the surgery. 

from my understanding  he'll be ready by training camp  but maybe not OTA's now  if TC comes along and he looks like that color me nervous

The walking boot isn’t a sign of further injury, rather a sign that his recovery from his toe surgery is right on schedule. Turf toe injuries can linger if they’ve not been handled the right way, which is why getting surgery was imperative for Mahomes this offseason. The injury clearly hampered the Chiefs’ franchise quarterback during the postseason and playing through it was the ultimate display of toughness. The signs remain hopeful that he’ll make a full recovery and won’t have to worry about his plantar plate causing him any issues in the near or distant future.

4 hours ago, oldtimer said:

The walking boot isn’t a sign of further injury, rather a sign that his recovery from his toe surgery is right on schedule. Turf toe injuries can linger if they’ve not been handled the right way, which is why getting surgery was imperative for Mahomes this offseason. The injury clearly hampered the Chiefs’ franchise quarterback during the postseason and playing through it was the ultimate display of toughness. The signs remain hopeful that he’ll make a full recovery and won’t have to worry about his plantar plate causing him any issues in the near or distant future.

Thank you, Dr. OT.   😉