Chiefs release Damien Williams

1 minute ago, Spfdchiefsfan said:

Do kinda feel for the guy.  He was the one that stayed home to help his sick mom.  At least his concern was legit, but as they say, "can't make the club in the tub(covid)"

cutting hm just payed for Darril Williams..so Chiefs have CEH,Williams and Thompson on the rooster.. I bet we see one in the draft

2 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

cutting hm just payed for Darril Williams..so Chiefs have CEH,Williams and Thompson on the roster .. I bet we see one in the draft

Sure. I think KC will ad a value Veteran at Vet min and Thompson will be gone. 

1 minute ago, oldtimer said:

cutting hm just payed for Darril Williams..so Chiefs have CEH,Williams and Thompson on the rooster.. I bet we see one in the draft

God forbid if they are in the rooster. Does that mean they like cock?  Lmao just having fun as it made me laugh.

Made a lot of sense for him to sit out in 2020 but definitely will have some complications for his FA value. Still could get a decent contract after the 2019 campaign and I hope he gets it. I wouldn't be surprised if he wanted to be released as well. The other Williams is RFA if I'm not mistaken, would love to keep him around as he showed some nice value in the postseason. 

Just now, sith13 said:

Made a lot of sense for him to sit out in 2020 but definitely will have some complications for his FA value. Still could get a decent contract after the 2019 campaign and I hope he gets it. I wouldn't be surprised if he wanted to be released as well. The other Williams is RFA if I'm not mistaken, would love to keep him around as he showed some nice value in the postseason. 

We resigned the other Williams already. What we cut damien and saved on, paid for Darell.

CEH is supposed to become the workhorse back, spelled by someone. Damien played great in the playoffs but was pedestrian, when healthy, when put in the CEH role in regular season. Need to see what CEH can do behind a healthy line, but he is the 1st round pick and needs to prove it. Damien was a known quantity and not a regular game changer.

Thompson probably competes with a rookie and cheap vet for his spot. I imagine we try to keep three of four rostered again. Unless the back is a proven workhorse, the position is just a cycled one with new bodies for most teams. May get lucky and hang around more than three years.

OK stay with me here.... haha

Chiefs had interest in Adrian Peterson when he was cut by Washington last season but with COVID protocols and the timing it just did not happen. 

Another interesting fact is that AP and Trent Williams are best friends and even own a Gym together!  Both from Texas and both went to Oklahoma!  VERY close!

We also are seeing reports that the 49ers have a 4 year @ $80M offer on the table for Trent.  What if Veach has that same offer?  What if Veach could only offer $18?  

Cutting Damien gains KC about another $2M BUT now they are in need of a vet RB as CEH WILL be the workhorse!  There was interest and it would make sense for a limited role VET MIN contract to Adrian Peterson!  This would take care of that role PLUS give Veach another million or so to throw at Trent Williams PLUS Veach is also signing his best friend and business partner to a contract!

YES I know I Know BUUUUT can't you see Veach pulling something like this IF he really wanted Williams?

Flame Away my friends, Its that time of year!  :)

21 minutes ago, Balto said:

Will post more later but my theory is AP at vet min to get Trent Williams to sign!!!

AP? As in the RB? Screw that. Give me Hudson and Reiff if it means just having Williams. We could solidify the whole line and still go after cuts, mid tiers and draft would be wide open. Reid likes his vets and Hudson, Reiff>just having Williams.