Chiefs release Damien Williams

2 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

AP? As in the RB? Screw that. Give me Hudson and Reiff if it means just having Williams. We could solidify the whole line and still go after cuts, mid tiers and draft would be wide open. Reid likes his vets and Hudson, Reiff>just having Williams.

OH I want Trent Williams AND Hudson!  AP at vet min just gets us Trent Williams and that Vet RB role covered!  

1 minute ago, Balto said:

OH I want Trent Williams AND Hudson!  AP at vet min just gets us Trent Williams and that Vet RB role covered!  

Yeah if we got Willliams and Hudson I would be fine with that. I just think Hudson and Reiff will leave money for us this year to sign more mid tiers and cuts down the line. We still have yet to see the HB extension that could help too.

1 minute ago, kkuenn said:

Yeah if we got Willliams and Hudson I would be fine with that. I just think Hudson and Reiff will leave money for us this year to sign more mid tiers and cuts down the line. We still have yet to see the HB extension that could help too.

So true!  HB extension could basically get us Hudson.  I do wonder if there is any bad blood with KC or if he cares to come back because he was drafted here.  I'd think Ring and money is more important BUT we can offer the ring AND taking it to the Raiders twice a year couldnt hurt either haha

Just now, Balto said:

So true!  HB extension could basically get us Hudson.  I do wonder if there is any bad blood with KC or if he cares to come back because he was drafted here.  I'd think Ring and money is more important BUT we can offer the ring AND taking it to the Raiders twice a year couldnt hurt either haha

No bad blood, raiders offered the farm and at the time we were in cap hell.  To come back and get a ring plus be paid to take it to the Raiders would be added bonuses.

4 minutes ago, DefensiveMan said:

Releasing the SB MVP the previous year? We missed his grit and toughness this year. Maybe they'll resign, but he'll get swept up quick. Man oh man.

oh no's, how will we ever replace his 45 yards per game average!   the horror!

3 minutes ago, Balto said:

HB extensions would be Hudson pay and more to go after Williams too. Plus with 29 million right now, we already have enough really to work both in. HB would let us fill up even more or front load the contracts for LT and/or Center etc.

1 hour ago, kkuenn said:

AP? As in the RB? Screw that. Give me Hudson and Reiff if it means just having Williams. We could solidify the whole line and still go after cuts, mid tiers and draft would be wide open. Reid likes his vets and Hudson, Reiff>just having Williams.

I like this scenario. What we know for certain is Veach is going after O line man, and Hudson just showed up on the list this afternoon. I'm sure Veach is diving into his details.

What I love the most is Carr is going to be running for his life. Incognito, Brown and now Hudson are all gone.

5 hours ago, moons314 said:

Thankfully someone found this.  I don't recall a single player getting more undeserved praise than Williams during that postseason run.  

He definitely deserved the praise. SB MVP is more of a joke IMO but overall an undrafted journeyman putting up a solid performance throughout the playoffs should get the praise. 

• 2 weeks later...