Long signing reminds me of

long long ago the Chiefs brought back out of retirement a OT  and IIRC  played for the Saints. Had long hair, Tribal Tattoos a real Rock-n-roller and played with quite an edge but got hurt, lost a bunch of weight. I remember how the sales job was that altho he lost bunches of weight  he worked on his "core" so didn't need the bulk. He was a flop ..who was that guy ..maybe under DV?

2 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

long long ago the Chiefs brought back out of retirement a OT  and IIRC  played for the Saints. Had long hair, Tribal Tattoos a real Rock-n-roller and played with quite an edge but got hurt, lost a bunch of weight. I remember how the sales job was that altho he lost bunches of weight  he worked on his "core" so didn't need the bulk. He was a flop ..who was that guy ..maybe under DV?

Kyle Turley?

36 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

I think Turley’s injury was essentially career ending yet he tried to make a comeback and it didn’t work out. I think Long is in much better shape than Turley was. 

with Schwartz being so active on Twitter in regards to the Chiefs and staying in town and it seems he has made no plans to move..I have to wonder if he is going to try and come back later in the season or maybe he's hoping for a media gig lol

Just now, oldtimer said:

with Schwartz being so active on Twitter in regards to the Chiefs and staying in town and it seems he has made no plans to move..I have to wonder if he is going to try and come back later in the season or maybe he's hoping for a media gig lol

Yep

1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

I'm good with either.

5 hours ago, oldtimer said:

Exactly what I was thinking haha

a 315 lb Long, on the right side with thurley on the left.. if there both playing like there capable of is two all pro gaurds the whole line will look better.. 

Though I would of liked it better if the reports where that Niang had been working with Shields in KC.. 

1 hour ago, xen said:

Contract details in for Long.

Counts 1.45M for 2021.  Rest is all in incentives.  Considering he didn't play last year they should all be NLTBE incentives, so if earned will count against next years cap.

Love this. Keep him motivated to stay healthy and play hard.

On 3/18/2021 at 10:38 AM, oldtimer said:

He has stated that he has no plans of leaving.  Not sure if he will try and make a comeback but it seems as though they are settled.   My guess is if the surgery relieved pain then he should stay retired and enjoy his life.   Is one more ring going to be worth chronic back pain the rest of your life?