your last..very last season predictions before football starts

I felt a lot more confident about the team last year when I predicted 10-6.  Then they beat almost everyone's expectations with 11-5.  Last year's schedule looked to be very tough before the season started but surprisingly morphed into an easy one during the season.  I don't think we'll get that break with this year's schedule.

If the o-line wasn't such a mess, I would be more confident this year but 8-8 feels about right.  Hopefully, they'll beat almost everyone's expectations again.  Maybe this year we'll be happily surprised by a couple of unexpected player developments in currently weak positions during the season.  

The Chiefs failed to improve at any one position on the roster and worsened at many.  The OL got shredded during the preseason and I don't expect it to change.  The Chiefs need too many mediocre looking players to exceed expectations for this team qualify for the playoffs again.  On average 5 playoff teams from the previous season do not make the playoffs.  The Chiefs will be one of those teams.

Prior to the preseason I called for 7-9.  Looking at the schedule after the preseason I see 5 wins (TEN, STL, NYJ, OAK and SD -- all at home).  I'll add one win to adjust for my overall pessimism and call it 6-10.

• 2 months later...

• 2 weeks later...

Thought it would be fun to look at where we were at the beginning of the year and after the Titans loss. Hopefully we are all wrong (11+ wins).

11+: 0

10-6: 2 (KCSLC2008, tomahawkchop)

9-7: 8 (kychief, CapsLockKey, Chiefsfan1963, DieHard, West, kccrow, gochiefsgo, Defensiveman)

8-8: 4 (AlwaysChiefs, Bilyous, okiechief, goldbrick)

7-9: 2 (wilkie, oldtimer)

6-10: 4 (eraser, kcchief4lif, Semo, Mongo)

5-11: 1 (Old Dog)

4-12: 2 (Mr. Ev, AZ)

3-13: 0

2-14: 1 (CaliChief)

1-15: 0

0-16: 0

Cussing a lot, but less as the season goes on: 1 (Wolfcall)

Scratch that: Everyone.

Notes: Bilyous gave too many guesses, so I took the 8-8 with a few breaks. Not sure if CaliChief was serious but had no other guesses. AZ said 7-9 but changed it to 4-12, Chicken Little rules the day. Mongo's final call was what I put down.

I expected more 8-8 guesses. That was my floor, with my high being 12-4. Though I don't expect it, it's crazy that my ceiling could technically be beaten.

Notes: Bilyous gave too many guesses, so I took the 8-8 with a few breaks.

I expected more 8-8 guesses. That was my floor, with my high being 12-4. Though I don't expect it, it's crazy that my ceiling could technically be beaten.

You don't wanna get mixed up with a guy like me. I'm a loner, Dottie. A rebel. ...

Thought it would be fun to look at where we were at the beginning of the year and after the Titans loss. Hopefully we are all wrong (11+ wins).

11+: 0

10-6: 2 (KCSLC2008, tomahawkchop)

9-7: 8 (kychief, CapsLockKey, Chiefsfan1963, DieHard, West, kccrow, gochiefsgo, Defensiveman)

8-8: 4 (AlwaysChiefs, Bilyous, okiechief, goldbrick)

7-9: 2 (wilkie, oldtimer)

6-10: 4 (eraser, kcchief4lif, Semo, Mongo)

5-11: 1 (Old Dog)

4-12: 2 (Mr. Ev, AZ)

3-13: 0

2-14: 1 (CaliChief)

1-15: 0

0-16: 0

Cussing a lot, but less as the season goes on: 1 (Wolfcall)

Scratch that: Everyone.

Notes: Bilyous gave too many guesses, so I took the 8-8 with a few breaks. Not sure if CaliChief was serious but had no other guesses. AZ said 7-9 but changed it to 4-12, Chicken Little rules the day. Mongo's final call was what I put down.

I haven't cussed the team since the 9er's game. So I'm doing really good with my prediction.  :rolleyes:

Archived