Penei Sewell, OT

Just how good is he?  I’ve read that he grades out as a once in a decade type tackle but honestly haven’t paid much attention to him cause well we are draft at #31.

BUT most mocks have him going #5 to the Bengals but with them just signing Reiff maybe they pass?  That would mean maybe look at trading up?

How about this?

Eagles #6 pick, WR need and most mocks have them drafting one at #6:

Eagles get:

2022 1st

Hardman, WR

Chiefs get:

#6 for Sewell, OT

Thoughts on Sewell’s overall talent and how good he really is compared to the best in the NFL and the rest of the tackles in the draft?  Also, thoughts on trading up to get him to finish up our OL?  

I mean is trading up to get our biggest need taken care of with rookie pay scale really that bad of an idea?

Looks great!

Sewell

Thuney

Allegretti or 2nd round pick

Long

Niang or Schwartz

Add in another first and you might get that done.  I wouldn't say he's that much better than some of the other tackles that could be had but he is the best LT prospect in this draft.

Almost never worth it to trade that much for anything other than a QB.  

But if we're dreaming I'd trade up for Kyle Pitts and take my chances with a later tackle.

It'll take more than that to move up to #6.   I also like Slater better.  There are questions about who has Sewell played and Slater has similar measurables and has played against way better talent.  

We might be able to swing that for your offer but as much as I don't love Hardman he is weapon for this team and we don't have a ton of wr options at the moment.   

To be honest I don't want to trade future picks.   We got ourselves in this mess and we have to stop overpaying to get out of it.   Scout the tackles well and if you need to move up in the twenties then so be it but this is the perfect draft to let your scouts save you.   Draft your future LT at 31 and sign a veteran to battle it out with him.   

We will need that first-rounder next year as Hitchens, Kyle Long, Ward, and whoever else Veach signs to start this year on a one-year deal will be gone.   

Had Tyreek Hill, Kelce, Williams all caught passes from Mahomes in the SB there was a chance we could have won that SB with the worst line in possibly NFL history.   LT is important but if that is the only position that is slightly under par then we will be fine.   

3 minutes ago, xen said:

Add in another first and you might get that done.  I wouldn't say he's that much better than some of the other tackles that could be had but he is the best LT prospect in this draft.

Almost never worth it to trade that much for anything other than a QB.  

But if we're dreaming I'd trade up for Kyle Pitts and take my chances with a later tackle.

I think Pitts is far more of a generational talent than Sewell but you are right trading 3 first-rounders to grab an OT is stupid.    This draft is loaded with tackle talent and its up to our scouting department to find the best one where we will be drafting.   Darrisaw, Vera-Tucker, Mayfield, Jenkins, Cosmi, Liechenburg (sp), Radunz, Brown, Christensen (who is talented sleeper), and Walker.    There are 12 potential LT prospects that could have 1st round grades.    I dare say 6-7 will be available at 31.    While Trent Williams is amazing we don't need an all pro at LT to win Super Bowls we need avg to above avg LT to win and we can find one of those at 31.

3 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

I think Pitts is far more of a generational talent than Sewell but you are right trading 3 first-rounders to grab an OT is stupid.    This draft is loaded with tackle talent and its up to our scouting department to find the best one where we will be drafting.   Darrisaw, Vera-Tucker, Mayfield, Jenkins, Cosmi, Liechenburg (sp), Radunz, Brown, Christensen (who is talented sleeper), and Walker.    There are 12 potential LT prospects that could have 1st round grades.    I dare say 6-7 will be available at 31.    While Trent Williams is amazing we don't need an all pro at LT to win Super Bowls we need avg to above avg LT to win and we can find one of those at 31.

Absolutely, teams don't win SBs with stars in a few positions but rather above average players in as many positions as possible. Can't put all our eggs in a single basket. 

47 minutes ago, Balto said:

Just how good is he?  I’ve read that he grades out as a once in a decade type tackle but honestly haven’t paid much attention to him cause well we are draft at #31.

BUT most mocks have him going #5 to the Bengals but with them just signing Reiff maybe they pass?  That would mean maybe look at trading up?

How about this?

Eagles #6 pick, WR need and most mocks have them drafting one at #6:

Eagles get:

2022 1st

Hardman, WR

Chiefs get:

#6 for Sewell, OT

Thoughts on Sewell’s overall talent and how good he really is compared to the best in the NFL and the rest of the tackles in the draft?  Also, thoughts on trading up to get him to finish up our OL?  

I mean is trading up to get our biggest need taken care of with rookie pay scale really that bad of an idea?

Looks great!

Sewell

Thuney

Allegretti or 2nd round pick

Long

Niang or Schwartz

NO

No way Philly would go for this  The Chiefs first round pick is really like an early second and Hardman isn't that special.  Neither should the Chiefs try such a deal.  Trading away the future for one position when there's plenty of other choices at that position would be crazy.  The Chiefs need to trade down, if they can, to fill more holes with top 100 talent from the draft and have more starters in the near future on rookie contracts.  

you think hardman is worth a 1st and a 2nd?

2 1sts, and a 2nd would be the minimum it would take, and with our picks being in the 30s.. 

they really count as 2nds.. 

no way we get to 6th with hardman and next years 1st to trade from 6 to 31.. 

11 minutes ago, robgar said:

you think hardman is worth a 1st and a 2nd?

2 1sts, and a 2nd would be the minimum it would take, and with our picks being in the 30s.. 

they really count as 2nds.. 

no way we get to 6th with hardman and next years 1st to trade from 6 to 31.. 

Just going by the trade chart and only giving Hardman a fair 2nd round value.

#31:  600 value

2022 late 1st pick:  600 value

Hardman:  400 value, equal to the #50 pick which is middle of the 2nd

total:  1600 value

#6 pick:  1600 value

2 hours ago, Balto said:

Just going by the trade chart and only giving Hardman a fair 2nd round value.

#31:  600 value

2022 late 1st pick:  600 value

Hardman:  400 value, equal to the #50 pick which is middle of the 2nd

total:  1600 value

#6 pick:  1600 value

Why would anyone give Hardman a 2nd round value? His value is closer to a conditional 7th than a 2nd at this point. 

6 hours ago, sith13 said:

Why would anyone give Hardman a 2nd round value? His value is closer to a conditional 7th than a 2nd at this point. 

That’s just objectively not true.  Hell, Kadarius Toney is more of a gadget player than Mecole and he'll go by the second round at the latest.  Teams want speed even if they have to scheme up touches.  Now is he worth a second?  Doubt it.  But he's closer to that than a conditional 7th.

16 minutes ago, xen said:

That’s just objectively not true.  Hell, Kadarius Toney is more of a gadget player than Mecole and he'll go by the second round at the latest.  Teams want speed even if they have to scheme up touches.  Now is he worth a second?  Doubt it.  But he's closer to that than a conditional 7th.

most mocks I have seen have Toney going late 1rst round

1 hour ago, xen said:

Thanks Xen....I think..

4 hours ago, xen said:

Prospects are always more valuable than players on the field as the potential is very juicy. Hardman's potential far exceeds his output and the same is true for Toney just like it was for a guy like Lockett. However at this point in the season teams don't go ahead and spend picks on players that have been around a while without realizing their potential. 

We got Ogbah for pretty much nothing and Ragland was a future 4th. Even proven vets don't warrant high picks unless they are stars so I don't think Hardman's current trade value would be closer to 2nd than a 7th but that's just a statement per his output.