Analyst picks

kkuenn

Throwing this out there to see what they think we will choose.

https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/lists/kansas-city-chiefs-first-round-pick-31-2021-nfl-mock-draft-roundup-post-free-agency/

Player & Position

School

Source

C Landon Dickerson Alabama Mark Schofield – Touchdown Wire
C Landon Dickerson Alabama Lance Zierlein – NFL.com
OL Aaron Banks Notre Dame Emory Hunt – CBS Sports
OT Spencer Brown Northern Iowa Josh Edwards – CBS Sports
DE Joseph Ossai Texas Chris Trapasso – CBS Sports
OT Liam Eichenberg Notre Dame Mike Kaye – NJ.com
OT Alijah Vera-Tucker USC Rob Rang – Fox Sports

Yeah, another OG to go with the 12 we already have on the team.   I think we go BPA in the first and if thats a DE or WR we draft them and then move up in the 2nd to grab whatever OT falls (Liam E, Cosmi, Mayfield, Radunz, Brown, or Christensen).   

6 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

Yeah, another OG to go with the 12 we already have on the team.   I think we go BPA in the first and if thats a DE or WR we draft them and then move up in the 2nd to grab whatever OT falls (Liam E, Cosmi, Mayfield, Radunz, Brown, or Christensen).   

What if BPA is a safety, LB, OG, DT or HB?

2 hours ago, xen said:

What if BPA is a safety, LB, OG, DT or HB?

BPA according to our draft board, some positions won't even be rated in the first round because we have no need.   I think we can all agree there aren't many RB who should ever be rated in the first round.    This is a lean DT draft and I don't know if there is even a DT rated for the first.     If Micah Parsons is there then yeah.   If Landon Dickerson is there and his medicals check out then yeah.   Reaching for a LT just because we need one when we could fix another needed position for the next 10 years with a better player is kinda how we are in this position to begin with.  (Speaks, CEH, Hardman, Saunders, DOD, Kpass)

4 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

BPA according to our draft board, some positions won't even be rated in the first round because we have no need.   I think we can all agree there aren't many RB who should ever be rated in the first round.    This is a lean DT draft and I don't know if there is even a DT rated for the first.     If Micah Parsons is there then yeah.   If Landon Dickerson is there and his medicals check out then yeah.   Reaching for a LT just because we need one when we could fix another needed position for the next 10 years with a better player is kinda how we are in this position to begin with.  (Speaks, CEH, Hardman, Saunders, DOD, Kpass)

So would you be good with the Chiefs trading down to get a mid second rated OT and pick up a draft pick in the top 100 to fill another hole?  How about if Perkins or AVT are there, grab them?  If not, trade for more picks.  No need to use a first round pick for a #2 receiver.  Edge?  Maybe, but not unless a top three falls to them.  

6 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

seems the Chiefs has a interview with the LB from MIZZOU..Bolton?.IIRC he's projected as a 1rstt rounder

I like Bolton, but don't see him as a Chiefs' LB.  He hasn't shown the coverage ability that the Chiefs need and they don't need to draft another LB high that spends the year on the bench like Gay did.  Bolton is aggressive and good side to side and down hill, but can he learn to cover? 

1 hour ago, jetlord said:

So would you be good with the Chiefs trading down to get a mid second rated OT and pick up a draft pick in the top 100 to fill another hole?  How about if Perkins or AVT are there, grab them?  If not, trade for more picks.  No need to use a first round pick for a #2 receiver.  Edge?  Maybe, but not unless a top three falls to them.  

I would be good for this. If they like a guy who will be there any ways in the 2nd, but not at the end of the 2nd, then why not do this and get another top 100 pick?

We need solid players across the board.  I hope we don't trade the farm to move up for a LT prospect.   

1. 16064642_ScreenShot2021-03-23at6_22_14PM.png.656208bf3321298123fa0e4b681ef2c8.png

Found our 2022 starting LT.   Future starting OC.   X wide receiver.     Solid depth after that.   LB corp upgraded, Depth at DE.  Speedy WR in case of Hill injury.  

Run stuffing DT and developmental monster RG.     

5 hours ago, jetlord said:

I like Bolton, but don't see him as a Chiefs' LB.  He hasn't shown the coverage ability that the Chiefs need and they don't need to draft another LB high that spends the year on the bench like Gay did.  Bolton is aggressive and good side to side and down hill, but can he learn to cover? 

Other than 40 time and bench, Bolton did not test well at all.  Probably lost some money there.  I think he drops somewhat.  Agility drills were not good.