D Rob signed

Superbowl!!!

No in all seriousness it was a great signing. League minimum deal for a wr that knows our system and is a good blocker.   We in essence have the same wr corp coming back considering Watkins didn't help us at all down the stretch.   We obviously still need to add a #2 or potential #2 but his numbers are identical to Josh Reynolds numbers than many were crying about and we would have had to pay 3-4 times as much for.   

35 minutes ago, azchief21 said:

Boo. Not a fan

As our #4 wr who could slide into #2/#3 in a pinch.   Can't have a wr corp made up of high potential guys, gotta have some lunch pail types.      Hill, _____, Hardman, Drob, Pringle, Callaway/Developmental player.      Truth is Callaway has the talent and a chance to be that fringle #2 solid #3.   Also at the price you can cut him if someone out performs him in camp.  Love it.

With Watkins gone, Robinson, Hardeman and Pringle should be chomping at the bit. This is their opportunity to seize the 2nd wideout spot this season. I actually have my money on Pringle even though he is probably lowest on the depth chart at the moment. I think he has the best hands, is the best after the catch (runs with a purpose like Watkins) and is more than willing to run across the middle. All that being said, if they draft a WR in the first couple rounds, that rookie will get some serious looks. I'm hoping that Mahomes develops more of a relationship with a third receiver this season. Gotta make defenses pay for doubling Hill and Kelce. 

5 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

Superbowl!!!

No in all seriousness it was a great signing. League minimum deal for a wr that knows our system and is a good blocker.   We in essence have the same wr corp coming back considering Watkins didn't help us at all down the stretch.   We obviously still need to add a #2 or potential #2 but his numbers are identical to Josh Reynolds numbers than many were crying about and we would have had to pay 3-4 times as much for.   

Agree.  Not only have I remained impressed with him when the ball comes his way (not often) but he is a fine blocker and an essential cog on special teams.  People consistently think about offense and defense at this time of year, but the ST's are a third of the game and the reason teams often keep players that the fans are not impressed with. Special teams are taken for granted.  Sorenson is another guy like that.  As for me, I would have not been happy if DRob had been lost.

It would be interesting to see who takes a step. Hartman has the tools but lacks concentration. Makes big mistakes at critical times. 
D Rob just isn’t quick. 
Feel like both these guys had every opportunity and some balls force fed to them. 
I will take Pringle of the 3 to have the best shot at being a weapon. Just like his toughness and concentration. 
They are all very good #4s, and OK #3s, but haven’t seen #2 material out of any yet. 
good signing though. Super cheap.

5 minutes ago, DieHard said:

It would be interesting to see who takes a step. Hartman has the tools but lacks concentration. Makes big mistakes at critical times. 
D Rob just isn’t quick. 
Feel like both these guys had every opportunity and some balls force fed to them. 
I will take Pringle of the 3 to have the best shot at being a weapon. Just like his toughness and concentration. 
They are all very good #4s, and OK #3s, but haven’t seen #2 material out of any yet. 
good signing though. Super cheap.

I agree, DRob is best at ST's and as a third or fourth receiver.  We had better hope that Pringle is ready to be #2 after losing Watkins.  I think Pringle will put up good #2 numbers and really help on returns and in blocking.

2 hours ago, Fmbl2187 said:

Agree.  Not only have I remained impressed with him when the ball comes his way (not often) but he is a fine blocker and an essential cog on special teams.  People consistently think about offense and defense at this time of year, but the ST's are a third of the game and the reason teams often keep players that the fans are not impressed with. Special teams are taken for granted.  Sorenson is another guy like that.  As for me, I would have not been happy if DRob had been lost.

I don't like how much say Toub gets because I don't think we've gotten a good product on ST for a couple years, but DRob is a good ST player and a fine #3/#4 wr.  At that price that is called a shrewd business move by the Chiefs.   

We also haven't talked a lot about Callaway but he is probably more talented than all three of those guys.  Just hasn't been able to get his head on straight.   Good lottery ticket candidate though and I like hedging our bets.   We need another WR but if the draft falls a different way we won't be desperate to have one and I imagine we will see some decent cuts after the draft to fill it if we haven't already.