KC must beat TN

Good teams win the games they are supposed to win. In this case, the Chiefs should win their first game at home against the Titans.

The Titans may be one of 5 or 6 teams vying for a wild card game. The Chiefs will play 9 teams that could be reasonably expected to be in the playoffs race. They play the Chargers, and Broncos twice. That means 11 or their upcoming 16 games are likely to be against teams thick in the hunt.

Five of the sixteen teams are more likely to play the role of a spoiler than a contender. The Jets have dire quarterback issues. Geno Smith is clearly their QB, but it seems he is a long ways from being ready. The Rams are missing Bradfield, and have to rely on Shaun Hill. Good luck with that. The Bills have their own trouble. EJ Manuel will be challenged to overcome his accuracy challenges. Finally, the Raiders look to be bad again this year. Rookie Derek Carr seems to be the heir apparent. I will be surprised if he survives the season. Their offensive line is horrible, and the Raiders have one of the oldest teams in the league. The Chiefs play five games against teams that are likely to go nowhere this season. The Titans are close to being at the bottom. They are rebuilding. They have a shot at making the playoffs, but that's about it. 

Tennessee has a decent QB, a few good players on defense. They are transitioning to a 3-4. They don't currently have a legit NT. Their QB, Locker, is just so so. Hunter is likely to be a very good receiver. Kendall Wright is pretty good as well. Shonn Greene looks strong this season. They have some pieces, but have yet to become a solid team. The Chiefs need to win this game, and they need to move on. It won't be easy. These are the games good teams need to win. 

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I believe the Chiefs start off their season with a win. My concerns are after the game.

If they win many will say it was no challenge, they should have won. Others will say they should have blown them out. And still others will say they sucked because they barely won etc....

If they lose many will say they knew they sucked, that Andy and crew should get fired, that Alex Smith was paid too much, that Fisher is a bust etc....

However, I bet there will be very few that will be happy they won or give credit to the Titans if they lose. It's always about excuses for the win or loss rarely is it taken at face value.

So please just once this year let's enjoy a win for what it is or give credit to the opponent for their win we have at least 15 more games to make excuses.

I really am optimistic about the Chiefs defense this year. I think that is an opinion shared by the coaches and gm or they would have never let Flowers go. I think Chris Owens will be a great nickel db and I still think Vance Walker will be a pass rushing force on 3rd downs. I can't wait to see a package that includes Dee Ford, Hali and Houston. In this game I think the d is the difference. GCG!

Archived