Could this guy be the Chiefs plan as a replacement for Danien Wilson at SAM? The SAM is becoming a position used less and less frequently in today's game. And Wilson wasn't particularly good at much of anything. I dont see any reason Harris can't give us everything Wilson did. 

I know Veach said himself after they signed him as an UDFA that this was a guy they not only saw as a future contributor, but potentially a starter.

3 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Could this guy be the Chiefs plan as a replacement for Danien Wilson at SAM? The SAM is becoming a position used less and less frequently in today's game. And Wilson wasn't particularly good at much of anything. I dont see any reason Harris can't give us everything Wilson did. 

I know Veach said himself after they signed him as an UDFA that this was a guy they not only saw as a future contributor, but potentially a starter.

As long as it isn't,  Neimann. 

But yes I could see Harris covering this position.  Allowing us to draft a guy in round 3 or 4 to replace Hitchens next year. 

There's always hope of being a starter for any FA brought in so I'm not sure how high they are on him but he could definitely end up being a dark horse to start this year. LB corps has been a disaster for the Chiefs so any new blood could end up being an upgrade.

1 minute ago, SEMO said:

That's where I have had him penciled in for awhile.  I think he would do fine there.

Could explain the lack of perceived urgency on fans part to improve a unit that was piss poor. Gay and Harris as FT starters really kind of allows us to approach the draft and UDFA market looking for depth and hopeful future contributors.

4 minutes ago, xen said:

Yep.  But how much of that is because the LBs couldn't cover?  

This is what I worry about. Even if Gay is a FT starter next year, and is good in coverage as we hope he can be, we sure don't have a second lb that can cover worth a damn.

Premonitions of seeing Niemann on the field on passing downs next year haunt me. Or Sorenson. Ugh...