Jarran Reed is signing a one-year deal with the Chiefs

Just now, azchief21 said:

Nice signing. Now let's draft 6 O-linemen and a linebacker!

You may say this in jest, but I would be fine drafting 4 linemen or more this year. Take over for Long, LT or center. Try to get all you can and go into FA and draft next year knowing what we need.

I think the only starters we are missing is LT and WR. We have some options at center. We only start 2 LBs. I would be good with a few OL prospects to evaluate. Something tells me it will be WR in the first since no starting LTs will be there and they don't prioritize TE the way I would. Just a hunch, but who knows who will be there at 31.

1 hour ago, mex said:

LOL

from all that I read was that the SeaHags were trying to renegotiate that contract and when he said no they cut him...Hardly a  "bird in the hand" contract IMO.guess it all depends on who you believe

3 hours ago, West said:

meh,

Pete Carroll is a douche....that in itself, is a great reason to leave Seattle.

w

Reed is one of those forces in the middle. Reminds me of a Geno Atkins type player can rush the pass and play the run. When the legion of boom began dissipating it was Clark, Avril, Bennett and Reed on that Seattle D-Line which held it down.

22 minutes ago, DefensiveMan said:

Reed is one of those forces in the middle. Reminds me of a Geno Atkins type player can rush the pass and play the run. When the legion of boom began dissipating it was Clark, Avril, Bennett and Reed on that Seattle D-Line which held it down.

Speaking of Geno Atkins.....could be a killer cheap vet contract to get a ring.   Jones/Reed/Atkins rotation would be good.

13 hours ago, kkuenn said:

You may say this in jest, but I would be fine drafting 4 linemen or more this year. Take over for Long, LT or center. Try to get all you can and go into FA and draft next year knowing what we need.

Right now I'm leaning towards the best LT in 1st, someone like Myers in 2nd for OC and an OG in 4th at the latest. Pick a LB and a WR or TE with the 3rd and 4th and stack up on whomever is worth with the remaining 4 picks, assuming Chiefs hang on to them. 

Definitely gets overlooked as there's a lot of time until TC but I'm curious about Wharton's role with Reed coming to town. Jones and Reed are the definite duo for obvious passing downs but Wharton showed a lot of promise to be overlooked. I wonder if he ends up rushing from the edge instead of Jones in some downs as Jones is very comfortable commanding double teams up the middle. Regardless this looks to be a scary unit for obvious passing downs and I imagine Clark can only get better after 2020 and Taco will definitely look to bounce back. 

3 hours ago, sith13 said:

Definitely gets overlooked as there's a lot of time until TC but I'm curious about Wharton's role with Reed coming to town. Jones and Reed are the definite duo for obvious passing downs but Wharton showed a lot of promise to be overlooked. I wonder if he ends up rushing from the edge instead of Jones in some downs as Jones is very comfortable commanding double teams up the middle. Regardless this looks to be a scary unit for obvious passing downs and I imagine Clark can only get better after 2020 and Taco will definitely look to bounce back. 

Put Jones at DE. Get Wharton and Reed in at DT. Our DE position is fixed and we can then go into next year for a DE or DT.