Chiefs 17th game

2 hours ago, Fmbl2187 said:

I don't like a 17th game.  More chance for injuries for playoff bound teams, especially after being beat up for 16 games and already nursing all kinds of nagging injuries. It makes it even less predictable that th actual best team will win the playoffs.

Not to mention we'll have to play another first place team for the foreseeable future.

1 hour ago, reesebobby said:

Its stupid.  Makes the record book meaningless.  Makes half the teams get an extra home game.  Stupid. 

That's what Babe Ruth's wife said when Maris broke her husband's home run record in the new 162 game season.  Nobody cares today.  But I'll agree that the 17th game is stupid. 

6 hours ago, reesebobby said:

Its stupid.  Makes the record book meaningless.  Makes half the teams get an extra home game.  Stupid. 

I agree about the stupidity, meaningless addition that will just lead to some injuries. However do the teams get an extra home game, I thought the additional game would be listed as home on paper for a team but it would actually be played outside the US? 

1 hour ago, reesebobby said:

Even stupider.  

At some point the overall ratings will go down due to the meaningless watered down games. Until that point it's a "smart" move by the NFL at the expense of fans and likely the players. 

11 hours ago, sith13 said:

I agree about the stupidity, meaningless addition that will just lead to some injuries. However do the teams get an extra home game, I thought the additional game would be listed as home on paper for a team but it would actually be played outside the US? 

I believe I read they'd go by conference so all AFC teams this year have the extra home game.  Looking at up to 6 international games so most would have it in their own stadium.