2 hours ago, kkuenn said:

Midwest people are different. I know I could not wait to go back to raise a family and be closer to the family too. Good places in most of the Midwest for schools, crime rates etc. I love the values of it all. Going to retire though down south, probably east Texas area, hate the winters in Iowa.

I fuckin hate it here. I can't wait to leave. If I had the money it would have taken place a long time ago. If I never stepped into this timezone again it would be ok with me.

7 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

I fuckin hate it here. I can't wait to leave. If I had the money it would have taken place a long time ago. If I never stepped into this timezone again it would be ok with me.

Well the midwest, or more specifically for you Lukas, the town we are in..... is not for everyone. I enjoyed the time I lived in Iowa and able to have a town where the front doors did not need to be locked. Kids grew up with each other playing outside and safe. Education was great with no guns or need for an armada of security etc. I never got the allure of a big city. I do rather enjoy the hell out of El Paso, but that is only 750k and the area is good where I live. Why I dont want to live in a big city but rather out in the country and get to enjoy that and the weather all year long.

12 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Well the midwest, or more specifically for you Lukas, the town we are in..... is not for everyone. I enjoyed the time I lived in Iowa and able to have a town where the front doors did not need to be locked. Kids grew up with each other playing outside and safe. Education was great with no guns or need for an armada of security etc. I never got the allure of a big city. I do rather enjoy the hell out of El Paso, but that is only 750k and the area is good where I live. Why I dont want to live in a big city but rather out in the country and get to enjoy that and the weather all year long.

Yeah I despise cold weather. That's the biggest reason I want to leave.