Devito and DJ both done for the year

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Achilles tendon takes more than a year this coul be career ending

I think so.  No one ever comes back the same player from an achilles rupture.  No one.  But at 32?  I think we have seen the last of DJ.  Nothing could be worse this year for the team than the loss of these two.  Time to think about drafting the best LB out there with what may turn out to be the #1 pick (or close) in the entire draft.  Its good to have an effective offense, but I never again want to follow a team that can't stop people, especially oh the ground.  Been there.  Done that. That's not the KC style. 

2014 doesn't have to be a lost season.  DJ had no more than a couple more good starting years anyway.  The losses that will pile up this year will be looked back on as extended training camp for a lot of young talent.  With 14 picks in the next draft and our position in each of those rounds moving up close to the top, this might end up being the foundation for a dynasty.  But it is going to be ugly this year.

I fully expect to read endless gripes about constant re-building.  The truth is that every team has to constantly re-build.  They just do it faster if they have a Manning or a Brady at the helm.  But contstant re-building is the reality for 32 teams and always will be.

I fully expect to read endless gripes about constant re-building.  The truth is that every team has to constantly re-build.  They just do it faster if they have a Manning or a Brady at the helm.  But contstant re-building is the reality for 32 teams and always will be.

Yep, the only reason Denver landed Ware, talib, Welker etc was because this is the easiest route for them to get to a superbowl by hitching their wagons to Manning. KC experienced the same type of situation when we signed Montana as a FA....but alas we fell short as we all know

Bil, seems that the treatment/repair of achilles injuries is improving.  I have heard it takes 12-14 months to fully recover.  Kobe Bryant ( older than DJ) mentioned this in a more recent interview.  I do not know the specifics of DJ's injury but my prayers are with him.

I hope he  is able to comeback and be a meaningful contributor.

w

Hell the next play after they carted DJ off was a run up the middle.  It was 3rd and long I think 16ish (not 100%).  Chiefs stopped em but they got 13 or 14 yards of it back.   So it was apparent Tennesee knew where the strength was.

You meant that tennesee knew where the weakness was right?

So, is the treatrment and cure of Ebola.  I love your optimism, but based on the numbers, we should be trying to move on.  DJ just got football Ebola.

Ebola?  Who gives a damn what breakfast cereal they eat?  I prefer Cream of Wheat myself.

Just kidding!!!!!!!

saw them go down... then watched TEN just dial up the run... alex's deep throws were a little off today... tough sledding this season... interested to see how they deal with this gut shot...

otherwise... Eric Berry looked good out there...

Berry, struggles in coverage. Him and Abdullah are both one in the same. Solid open field tacklers , close on the ball quick, yet lack vital cover skills especially in space.

Archived