Pipe dream for 4th pick

kkuenn

3 hours ago, xen said:

If I'm trading up to 4 I'm taking Pitts.  I can find tackles and receivers.  I dont see any of the high tackles or receivers as generational.  Very good players but you hardly ever see a player like Pitts who can play X or tight end at that high of a level with that size and athleticism.  That said I wouldn't trade up that high so moot point.

I agree that he actually has a chance to be one of those talents, but OJ Howard (6'5" 251 4.51 official, 22  BP,  faster 3cone and shuttle) is almost identical in size to Kyle Pitts who jumped farther and had a 3 inch higher vertical leap.   OJ was highly touted and very talented but played at Bama in a more conservative era.   The truth is we really don't know. 

Every pick is risky and If i had to trade up he would be on the short list for sure.  Fact is the two best TE's in the league were 3rd round picks.  We have to do better finder recievers and skills players in the mid rounds and develop them.   I'm not sure we are going to be able to afford Hill next go around.   He got screwed by the defamation of the media last go around and he will want compensated for that next time around.    Would be nice to have some guys behind him that could be leveraged to keep that contract reasonable to continue his career with his friends and Mahomes.  With all that said,  I'm with you that I wouldn't trade up so it is a moot point.  

48 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

I agree that he actually has a chance to be one of those talents, but OJ Howard (6'5" 251 4.51 official, 22  BP,  faster 3cone and shuttle) is almost identical in size to Kyle Pitts who jumped farther and had a 3 inch higher vertical leap.   OJ was highly touted and very talented but played at Bama in a more conservative era.   The truth is we really don't know. 

Every pick is risky and If i had to trade up he would be on the short list for sure.  Fact is the two best TE's in the league were 3rd round picks.  We have to do better finder recievers and skills players in the mid rounds and develop them.   I'm not sure we are going to be able to afford Hill next go around.   He got screwed by the defamation of the media last go around and he will want compensated for that next time around.    Would be nice to have some guys behind him that could be leveraged to keep that contract reasonable to continue his career with his friends and Mahomes.  With all that said,  I'm with you that I wouldn't trade up so it is a moot point.  

Should have drafted Kittle. I was hammering for him on the scout board and knew he would do well as I watched him at Iowa. Just did not know he would be this good in the NFL though.

7 hours ago, kkuenn said:

Should have drafted Kittle. I was hammering for him on the scout board and knew he would do well as I watched him at Iowa. Just did not know he would be this good in the NFL though.

Can you imagine the creativity with those guys.  The ability to run hurry up and keep big personal on the field for the D then spread those two wide......holy crap!

Sewell would be the only option for #4 as LT is the biggest need on the roster and he's either the best or the second best player in the draft. However the move up to #4 could mean the end for any GM and probably won't make any sense. 

How about this:

Trade up to number 4. 

KC trades 31, 63, 96, 2022 1st and 2023 1st to Atlanta for 4 and their 7th round pick.

Now it gets interesting.  Instead of taking a player we could use the 4 to pick up extra draft capital. I would target Atlanta in a trade back as they may want a QB.

KC trades 4 to Atlanta for their 31, 63, 96, 2022 1st (via KC) and 2023 1st (via KC).  

Voila, extra 7th round pick!

Profit!

1 hour ago, xen said:

How about this:

Trade up to number 4. 

KC trades 31, 63, 96, 2022 1st and 2023 1st to Atlanta for 4 and their 7th round pick.

Now it gets interesting.  Instead of taking a player we could use the 4 to pick up extra draft capital. I would target Atlanta in a trade back as they may want a QB.

KC trades 4 to Atlanta for their 31, 63, 96, 2022 1st (via KC) and 2023 1st (via KC).  

Profit!

You just watched Draft Day lol.   

1 hour ago, xen said:

How about this:

Trade up to number 4. 

Profit!

That probably doesn't even get it done and that would mean we paid a good bit more for a LT than our current QB.   I'm sure Sewell is really good, but I'm not even sure he's the concensus best LT in the draft.   I watched a clip that was suppose to a Sewell highlight and came away more impressed with their LG lol.   Again not to say Sewell won't be great but I'd rather have Mekhi Becton 10 times out of 10 as my LT and he got drafted at 11.   I know you were joking but I can't for the life of me understand why anyone would want to trade up that far for a LT and pay that much.    Really sucks Fisher got injured would have been nice to have him, Thuney, Long, and Niang round out a nice looking Oline.   Oh well...ifs and buts.

2 hours ago, xen said:

How about this:

Trade up to number 4. 

Profit!

Throw in Putney as well while giving back the pick. 

1 hour ago, Lamardirts said:

That probably doesn't even get it done and that would mean we paid a good bit more for a LT than our current QB.   I'm sure Sewell is really good, but I'm not even sure he's the concensus best LT in the draft.   I watched a clip that was suppose to a Sewell highlight and came away more impressed with their LG lol.   Again not to say Sewell won't be great but I'd rather have Mekhi Becton 10 times out of 10 as my LT and he got drafted at 11.   I know you were joking but I can't for the life of me understand why anyone would want to trade up that far for a LT and pay that much.    Really sucks Fisher got injured would have been nice to have him, Thuney, Long, and Niang round out a nice looking Oline.   Oh well...ifs and buts.

Fine throw in another 1st rd pick.  We can get it back on the trade back.

#Value

1 hour ago, jetlord said:

The recent Hou coach/GM might have gone for a deal like that.  

Except for the part about getting all the picks back.   He would have traded back again and picked up a 2027 UDFA in return.