Drafting anyone but an offensive left tackle , defensive tackle or a cornerback in the first round is...

I see what you guys are saying and I don't disagree. On the bright side, Mahomes seemed to do just fine when only Schwartz was out of the lineup. I think he can manage with a less than stellar OT on one side as long as the rest of the line holds up. He is a Houdini back there after all. In the SB, he had BOTH OTs out, he had OL playing out of position and he was playing on a bad foot. I want a strong line for a lot of reasons but I don't think we need Willie Roaf either. You also have to give TB some credit, they have a good rush package and we had dog shit on the OL that day. Remmers did OK at RT and maybe you give the COVID kid and a 1st Rounder the chance to battle it out at LT. If Fisher or Schwartz want to come back, I wouldn't mind that either. 

One guy no one is really talking about is Osemele. I realize he's old and had TWO major injuries. He might be (and probably is) done. However, I thought he was playing at a very high level before his injury. If he can come back, that would allow Thuney to slide outside to LT for a year while we groom our LT of the future. Like most people, I prefer to keep Thuney at OG where he thrives but this would just be another option for us.  I read somewhere that Osemele was working hard to come back and wants to keep playing. He would make our run game A LOT better instantly.  

OT, DE, followed by WR.    Tackle because its our biggest need but it's how the board falls.  If Oweh or Phillips fall to us at 31 then I would make a strong case you take them and then trade 2nd and 3rd to move back up in the 2nd for a OT prospect.  Guys like Little and Brown have a lot of upside but one is a little raw and the other is an unknown because of little playing time.  Stone Forysthe is another guy more likely in that late 2nd range.  I like those guys better than the Mayfield, Eichenburg, and Radunz.   I just think the difference in a guy at 31 and 63 isn't going to be that much difference unless a guy like Darrisaw or Jenkins slip to the mid 20's then maybe you think about moving up to grab them but are we even sure Jenkins can play LT?   

Why was DT listed in the thread title?  With Reed, that seems to be a position of strength, at least for this year.  OT, DE, WR, LB, and OC are obvious needs with TE, S, and CB the places where a good player falling to the Chiefs would be help in the near term.  Replace Wylie, Reiter, Neiman, and Sorenson with upgrades on rookie contracts. .Hitchens, Ward, and Robinson can go next.

33 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Why was DT listed in the thread title?  With Reed, that seems to be a position of strength, at least for this year.  OT, DE, WR, LB, and OC are obvious needs with TE, S, and CB the places where a good player falling to the Chiefs would be help in the near term.  Replace Wylie, Reiter, Neiman, and Sorenson with upgrades on rookie contracts. .Hitchens, Ward, and Robinson can go next.

Well. It’s a position of universal need for most teams. That’s all that implied. 

3 hours ago, gochiefsgo said:

In this draft there’s a great need for a LT and a RT. MLB is a need, OLB is a need. I get it. But Mahomes is everything. Protect him. nothing else is important. 

So where are Niang and Remmers playing? And why are we giving up on both of them? 

"Stupid" might be the right word. After the OL disaster of 2020 an injury to the franchise QB with a full offseason to work on some solutions will likely end some careers if the needs are ignored. 

Regardless the emphasis on the interior OL during the FA shows the commitment to solving the dire issue and somewhat of an indicator about what will happen in the draft in terms of LT and likely an OC. 

18 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

But watch,  Veach will probably mortgage the farm to move up to 20 so he can draft Liam Eichenburg or Jalen Mayfield or Stone Forsythe lol.

I believe Veach will move up to grab the OL he wants. It’s gotta be a plug and play pick so if that’s what it takes do it. Then we will be set for a few years. 

16 minutes ago, KC Warpaint said:

Niang is a RT not a LT, plus he sat out for the year so he is basically still a rookie 

I'm aware. He said finding a RT and LT in this draft was "a great need." We have a competition of Remmers and Niang at RT. Thats a position that's been addressed.