Drafting anyone but an offensive left tackle , defensive tackle or a cornerback in the first round is...

13 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

So you all are comfortable with having rookies as bookends on an Oline protecting Mahomes, because thats what I am reading?

comfortable? no but it might be our reality..I still have a sneaky suspicion the the Fisher or Swartz story is not over completely

13 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

So you all are comfortable with having rookies as bookends on an Oline protecting Mahomes, because thats what I am reading?

I don't see very many options out there. So it's either get comfortable with a pair of rookies or run around screaming the sky is falling.

21 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

I read the first page again.  I don't see anything about rookie bookends?  Or being comfortable with it?

35 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

I am. By playoff time they will hit their stride and be ballin. There will be mistakes and rough patches, but we also just played a SB with Andrew Wylie at RT and Mike Remmers at LT. If you can do that you can roll w high upside rookies week 1.

Honestly it will be moot though. Because Reid himself doesn't trust young players. Remmers will start at RT and one of Villanueva, Okung, or Jason Peters will be at LT week 1.

I have very little doubt that Niang could completely outperform Remmers in camp and it wouldn't make a bit of difference. He is our RT long term, but Remmers play will have to fall off a cliff before Reids loyalty crumbles.

But to answer your question, yes. With 2 players who have tremendous ceilings, absolutely. 

1 hour ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

I am. By playoff time they will hit their stride and be ballin. There will be mistakes and rough patches, but we also just played a SB with Andrew Wylie at RT and Mike Remmers at LT. If you can do that you can roll w high upside rookies week 1.

Honestly it will be moot though. Because Reid himself doesn't trust young players. Remmers will start at RT and one of Villanueva, Okung, or Jason Peters will be at LT week 1.

I have very little doubt that Niang could completely outperform Remmers in camp and it wouldn't make a bit of difference. He is our RT long term, but Remmers play will have to fall off a cliff before Reids loyalty crumbles.

But to answer your question, yes. With 2 players who have tremendous ceilings, absolutely. 

I think we run with one rookie RT in Niang. Who has the advantage of a year off to get healthy, get in NFL shape and also learn the play book when he opt out last year. I do think we draft a LT and bring him along, but will have a vet there too.

6 minutes ago, KC Warpaint said:

nobody knows what any team is going to do in the first round outside of the jags at #1

i get that you hate Hands but quit taking shit so seriously

Not taking it serious at all.  Just find his ramblings funny.  

On 4/16/2021 at 2:05 PM, reesebobby said:

I read the first page again.  I don't see anything about rookie bookends?  Or being comfortable with it?

With the context yes but no one has come directly out and said they are.

On 4/16/2021 at 2:24 PM, Iluvhouse24 said:

except here

On 4/17/2021 at 1:04 PM, KC Warpaint said:

Hands wants KC to make a push for Brown so the ravens can get another 1st rounder, using that reverse psychology 

Absolutely- great player at either position. But he wants to get paid. IMO, he is crapping on the team that took a chance on him after the disaster at the combine. So yes, two 1sts or a 1st and 2 2nds would be nice for a guy that we will not re-sign.

On 4/17/2021 at 2:06 PM, jetlord said:

My uneducated guess is that neither Hands nor the other posters on this board will influence the Chiefs to go after Brown or not.  Could be wrong.  

50/50

On 4/17/2021 at 5:47 PM, xen said:

Heresy!

Makes you think, don't it?

13 hours ago, Palangi said:

Hands doesn't know his head from his ass, let a lone what the Chiefs should do or what we are comfortable with.  

Rest assured, I know exactly what the Chiefs will do.

13 hours ago, KC Warpaint said:

nobody knows what any team is going to do in the first round outside of the jags at #1

i get that you hate Hands but quit taking shit so seriously

He cannot help himself...LOL

13 hours ago, Palangi said:

Not taking it serious at all.  Just find his ramblings funny.  

Anything but ramblings!

I cannot believe you think there's a chance you get this kind of compensation for this guy. He has a chance to be a very good LT. But the only way you pull 2 firsts is if Decosta is including blowjobs in his negotiations.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/news/story?id=4077093

Use this as a barometer. Jason Peters was 26, had just made consecutive pro bowls at LT, and the compensation was a 1, 4, and 6. Peters was considered to be one of, if not the best LT in football at the time of the trade. 

3 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

I cannot believe you think there's a chance you get this kind of compensation for this guy. He has a chance to be a very good LT. But the only way you pull 2 firsts is if Decosta is including blowjobs in his negotiations.

Use this as a barometer. Jason Peters was 26, had just made consecutive pro bowls at LT, and the compensation was a 1, 4, and 6. Peters was considered to be one of, if not the best LT in football at the time of the trade. 

Maybe Bill O'Brien will get another job.  He'd give up 3 first round picks.

38 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

True but BOB down in Houston skewed the scale so badly that punters now are worth a 3rd round pick.    Seriously though, the Tunsil deal did screw the league.   I do agree with Luv that no way your getting 2 1st or a 1st and 2 2nds for him.   I think a first and mid-round pick because a team is going to have to pay that joker a lot of money and this year's cap makes that more difficult.  

Hand's I do agree that Brown is crapping on a team that took a chance on him.    

6 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Not going to use an 12 year old trade as a barometer.

Ceiling is Tunsil trade- Young talent, last year of a rookie deal- considered one of the best in the game. 2 1sts (basically)

Floor is Trent Williams- hasn't played a full season since 2013. His trade value was impacted also by a public feud over how his injury was treated and how he and his agent disparaged teasm trying to trade for him. The term disgruntled was used.

Personally, I don't want him traded to the Chiefs. He's too good. I want to be able to get to Mahomes like TB did....

52 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

Not going to use an 12 year old trade as a barometer.

Ceiling is Tunsil trade- Young talent, last year of a rookie deal- considered one of the best in the game. 2 1sts (basically)

Floor is Trent Williams- hasn't played a full season since 2013. His trade value was impacted also by a public feud over how his injury was treated and how he and his agent disparaged teasm trying to trade for him. The term disgruntled was used.

Personally, I don't want him traded to the Chiefs. He's too good. I want to be able to get to Mahomes like TB did....

You are right. If anything picks have become more valuable, since then. Contributors on rookie contracts have become even more important with the cost of high end players in free agency bordering on ludicrous. So yeah this isn't a good barometer. He should fetch even less than Peters did. 

4 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

You are right. If anything picks have become more valuable, since then. Contributors on rookie contracts have become even more important with the cost of high end players in free agency bordering on ludicrous. So yeah this isn't a good barometer. He should fetch even less than Peters did. 

Everyone knows the Ravens can't keep him after this year so they don't have a ton of leverage.  The chance of flipping a 3rd for a 1st again shows how awesome that front office is.   My guess is it'll take a first and a mid to late rounder.    I wonder if Veach is offering a 2022 first rounder....which would allow us to nab a DE or CB with 31.   Would suck next year as the draft would be in KC but if we win a SB for it......pull the trigger Veach.

3 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

Everyone knows the Ravens can't keep him after this year so they don't have a ton of leverage.  The chance of flipping a 3rd for a 1st again shows how awesome that front office is.   My guess is it'll take a first and a mid to late rounder.    I wonder if Veach is offering a 2022 first rounder....which would allow us to nab a DE or CB with 31.   Would suck next year as the draft would be in KC but if we win a SB for it......pull the trigger Veach.

I'd give them the first and one of our 4ths, if they are confident he is the athlete we need at the position. But I truly don't think the Ravens will trade him to us.