Sometimes

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's the problem.  Reid isn't scheming around it.  He's a stubborn mule running his 1988 SF 49er game plan even though he doesn't have Rice and Taylor.  He's got the best RB in the game and is trying to pass to setup the run.

Some coaches tailor their personnel around their game plan.  Others tailor their game plan around their personnel.

Reid just keeps trying to hammer that square peg in the round hole.

That's the problem. Reid isn't scheming around it. He's a stubborn mule running his 1988 SF 49er game plan even though he doesn't have Rice and Taylor. He's got the best RB in the game and is trying to pass to setup the run.

Some coaches tailor their personnel around their game plan. Others tailor their game plan around their personnel.

Reid just keeps trying to hammer that square peg in the round hole.

Play calling is horrid.

Only thing that helps me thing at all positive is that Miami smashed New England, Buffalo beat Chicago, and Atlanta beat New Orleans. I fully expected all three of losers to be extremely strong teams this year.

Mongo, got so sick of reading people in here posting about not to worry about our performance in pre season. This seriously reminds me of the Frank Gansz days in 1997. So frigging disorganized.

I agree.  Winning or losing those games may not matter but player performance does.  The first team offense struggled in nearly every game. They looked incapable today.  

Maybe time will tell that TEN is a rising force.  Maybe their defense, under Ray Horton, will be one of the league's best and today is a false read for our offense.  Maybe. 

The first game of the season is pretty much an extension of the preseason. I think it was Dan Patrick who says every year that people overreact to the first week. That being said I'm plenty worried about this season, especially after losing DJ and Devito. Those are huge blows. Young oline and inexperienced secondary, today shouldn't have been a huge surprise. Hopefully those two areas improve as the year goes on. Alex Smith played his worst game as a Chief today.

The first game of the season is pretty much an extension of the preseason. I think it was Dan Patrick who says every year that people overreact to the first week. That being said I'm plenty worried about this season, especially after losing DJ and Devito. Those are huge blows. Young oline and inexperienced secondary, today shouldn't have been a huge surprise. Hopefully those two areas improve as the year goes on. Alex Smith played his worst game as a Chief today.

Dan is right..  But DJ and DeVito going down added a level of complexity I just don't see this team able to correct.

If you guys remember last year SF not only lost there first two games of the season, they were obliterated by Seattle and Indi at home. That was when everyone was throwing Kaeperjack under the bus. They ran off so many wins in a row after that. I'm tired of of a team that starts off so promising then buckles towards the end. This could be a good learning curve for this team and must importantly Andy Reid and Alex need to step it up!

How does Mongo know Reid is scheming is antiquated 80s style 49 offense? What facts does he have to support his claim? Does he have access to game film that shows what's happening in the secondary? Is he pulling from coaching experience? The answer is no. Everyone on offense is culpable, I'm sure an experienced nfl coach is going to tell you there were breakdowns everywhere......I feel so sorry for no it all angry fans, who over simplify the problem. Take a graduate level research class before you post wild generalizations......

If you guys remember last year SF not only lost there first two games of the season, they were obliterated by Seattle and Indi at home. That was when everyone was throwing Kaeperjack under the bus. They ran off so many wins in a row after that. I'm tired of of a team that starts off so promising then buckles towards the end. This could be a good learning curve for this team and must importantly Andy Reid and Alex need to step it up!

Haha. This team isn't near the same talent level across the board as the 9ers. We do have a few of their cast offs though. That is saying something, I guess.

How does Mongo know Reid is scheming is antiquated 80s style 49 offense? What facts does he have to support his claim? Does he have access to game film that shows what's happening in the secondary? Is he pulling from coaching experience? The answer is no. Everyone on offense is culpable, I'm sure an experienced nfl coach is going to tell you there were breakdowns everywhere......I feel so sorry for no it all angry fans, who over simplify the problem. Take a graduate level research class before you post wild generalizations......

I would say get a life and dont worry so much about a game that has no direct impact on your life.

Do the Chiefs feed your family? Do they pay your paycheck? Do they govern your city, state, or country? If your answer is no to any or all then there is no reason to get so wrapped around the axel about a game or team that was here before you (game that is because I don't know how old you are) and will probably be here long after your gone.

With Johnson's career over and a bunch of kids forming our O line, we could possibly not win a game this year. 0-16 is definitely possible.

That was my prediction. No chance with this team, always one step forward three steps back..

Archived