Any chance Caleb Farley drops?

Balto

5 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Medical?

Non-contact ACL and then back issues that caused him to have surgery.  Looks like it went well and he checked out good but could still drop his stock.

Top CB in draft if no medical issues

This is such a tough question.     Doesn't matter how good your DB's are if you can't generate pressure with front 4 but he has the potential to be elite and paired with Sneed we could potentially have the best DB duo in the NFL in 2 years.    However, we didn't lose the SB because of Ward and Breeland.   We lost because we couldn't generate pressure with 4 and ultimately we could block for our wrs to get open.     

I would draft him if Oweh, Phillips, and Jenkins are off the board in a minute.  If any of those guys are on the board I'd rather take one of them.  As talented as he is back issues are never a good thing.

1 hour ago, Lamardirts said:

This is such a tough question.     Doesn't matter how good your DB's are if you can't generate pressure with front 4 but he has the potential to be elite and paired with Sneed we could potentially have the best DB duo in the NFL in 2 years.    However, we didn't lose the SB because of Ward and Breeland.   We lost because we couldn't generate pressure with 4 and ultimately we could block for our wrs to get open.     

I would draft him if Oweh, Phillips, and Jenkins are off the board in a minute.  If any of those guys are on the board I'd rather take one of them.  As talented as he is back issues are never a good thing.

Why does everyone love Jenkins? Dude belongs at RT.

If Farley drops because other teams think his back issues are going to limit him, why do we think the Chiefs wouldn't think the same way?  Sneed, Farley, and Fenton would be a good starting group, but he'd better be really healthy for the team to use their top pick on him with greater needs at LT and DE.  

14 minutes ago, jetlord said:

If Farley drops because other teams think his back issues are going to limit him, why do we think the Chiefs wouldn't think the same way?  Sneed, Farley, and Fenton would be a good starting group, but he'd better be really healthy for the team to use their top pick on him with greater needs at LT and DE.  

Farley drops to 31 and the Chiefs gamble on him and Farley then turns into another Watkins as far as playing time.. Veach should be fired

4 hours ago, oldtimer said:

Farley drops to 31 and the Chiefs gamble on him and Farley then turns into another Watkins as far as playing time.. Veach should be fired

Especially if we have a couple more SB appearances in that time. That injury plagued CB should definitely be the larger issue.

8 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Why does everyone love Jenkins? Dude belongs at RT.

At this point locking up one of the tackle spots with a stud significantly helps.  While I believe Niang is gonna be good we just don't know.  Hard to pass up on a potential RT stud there.   I too have questions about his ability to play LT.

10 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

At this point locking up one of the tackle spots with a stud significantly helps.  While I believe Niang is gonna be good we just don't know.  Hard to pass up on a potential RT stud there.   I too have questions about his ability to play LT.

How do we find out if Niang is a stud? Drafting a player that immediately moves in front of him on the depth chart? That seems like a strange way to see what he's made of. 

The Chiefs drafted who they hoped to be Schwartz/s replacement last year.  Why would they draft a replacement for the replacement before they find out if the first replacement can replace?  If they go for Jenkins, it's because they think he can play on the left side.  In reality, Jenkins may go too high for the Chiefs to even trade up for him.

19 hours ago, jetlord said:

I agree top 15 but once into the 20's I think his value versus risk is worth it.  He did go to Indy and saw some NFL docs that told him he should be GTG by camp and there doesn't appear to be long term concerns.  Now I'm sure its not 100% and I think the biggest factor is teams can't bring in players to have their own docs/trainers look them over because of COVID.  That little extra risk of not be 100% sure that the player is GTG might just be enough for a team to pass and go with the next guy on their draft board UNTIL the value just gets two high.  

Seems in past drafts these type of players, even missing rookie year, get snagged up in the 2nd round.  Example off the top of my head is Smith, LB with Dallas that was a top 5 or 10 talent guy who dropped to the 2nd because of medical.  I know there are others as well.

The thing is, IF he stays healthy and plays to his talent we just snagged a top 5 NFL CB at #31!  Now if he is a bust because of either health OR ability.....HAHA It would not be the first time a back end 1st round player was a bust.  I'd rather take a top 5 CB ceiling guy then a safe no impact type any day.

I just did a draft and yes I know its not real but a fun simulator...I didn't make any trades and got:

#31:  Caleb Farley, CB

#63:  Quinn Meinerz, OC

#94:  Stone Forsythe, OT

Now Creed Humphrey, OC was on the board at #31but Cosmi, OT was long gone and I really didn't see the value over the other OT's vs taking Farley.  NOW at #63 Spencer Brown, Little Walker and Meinerz were sitting there....BTW Meinerz seems to be really moving up the boards.

I decided to grab our 10+ starter at center in Meinerz and hope that one of the tackles dropped to our 3rd round pick.  Well Brown and Walker went off the board WELL before our 3rd round pick but Stone Forsythe was sitting there with a big smile on his face at #94!  Soooooooo  I gave him a trucker style adjustable back Chiefs hat and told him to get on the plane you are our new starting LT! 

8 minutes ago, Balto said:

I'd rather take a top 5 CB ceiling guy then a safe no impact type any day.

Makes sense, except Campbell, Newsome, and Horn could also make an impact without the risk.  One of them might make it to #31 if you're set an a CB there.

Meinerz really looks like a good pick for OC.  It would be nice to see another big nasty guy next to Thuney.  We might see a run game again.  

28 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Makes sense, except Campbell, Newsome, and Horn could also make an impact without the risk.  One of them might make it to #31 if you're set an a CB there.

Meinerz really looks like a good pick for OC.  It would be nice to see another big nasty guy next to Thuney.  We might see a run game again.  

Campbell is not in the same stratosphere as Farley.  Newsome should be long gone.  Same for Horn.  Farley is the best corner in this draft imo, at least for our system.  His ability to press and stick in man is a Spags wet dream.

There is talk about Saints not being able to afford BOTH Armstead and the young elite tackle Ramczyk and rumors of trading Armstead.  Maybe Veach LOVES him some Farley and he does drop down a little and is sitting there in the late 20's with the Saints pick!  SO Veach calls the Saints up and offers #31+2022 1st for Saints 2021 1st+Armstead.

Veach drafts Farley and gets his Left Tackle.

1 hour ago, Balto said:

There is talk about Saints not being able to afford BOTH Armstead and the young elite tackle Ramczyk and rumors of trading Armstead.  Maybe Veach LOVES him some Farley and he does drop down a little and is sitting there in the late 20's with the Saints pick!  SO Veach calls the Saints up and offers #31+2022 1st for Saints 2021 1st+Armstead.

Veach drafts Farley and gets his Left Tackle.

I don't know the numbers on Armstead, but in general, the Chiefs need talent on rookie contracts.  Trading a future #1, which should translate into a starter, for a more expensive vet doesn't seen like the way to go.

2 hours ago, jetlord said:

I don't know the numbers on Armstead, but in general, the Chiefs need talent on rookie contracts.  Trading a future #1, which should translate into a starter, for a more expensive vet doesn't seen like the way to go.

agree

11 hours ago, Balto said:

So your both against trading for Brown as well?

Depends on the cost.  Where the Chiefs stand in relation to the cap, I don't see them taking on another expensive FA.  Giving up #1 picks means losing out on a chance of getting a starter on a rookie deal for five years.  It's not all about just this season.