Any chance Caleb Farley drops?

Balto

Hitchens, LDT, Clark can all come off the books after 2021.  2022 will save 20 million with Clark.   We aren't in cap hell like people think.   Taking 30 million off this years cap because of covid makes it appear so.    We can afford another high price lineman if we keep the other 3 around vet min and rookie deals.   I'd prefer to pay 15-20 million for a good LT than split that among 3 avg guys that include an avg LT.

On 4/18/2021 at 12:58 AM, Lamardirts said:

Hitchens, LDT, Clark can all come off the books after 2021.  2022 will save 20 million with Clark.   We aren't in cap hell like people think.   Taking 30 million off this years cap because of covid makes it appear so.    We can afford another high price lineman if we keep the other 3 around vet min and rookie deals.   I'd prefer to pay 15-20 million for a good LT than split that among 3 avg guys that include an avg LT.

The cap will go up but so will the market. I don't think it's just a matter of having cap space to sign FAs though. We need to replace those guys that are coming off the books and any FA will come in at a higher cost so a good balance of FA + draft is a must. We'll have to pay to keep some of our guys around as well.  

I agree about the worth of a solid LT or similar positions. Pretty much any successful team has either overlooked youngsters or cheap veterans contributing at some level but certain positions must always be solid and prioritized accordingly. 

• 2 weeks later...

Caleb Farley is expected to be among the first few defensive backs taken off the board Thursday night during the first round of the NFL Draft, but he will not be able to attend the event.

The former Virginia Tech cornerback tested positive for coronavirus Tuesday, his agent Drew Rosenhaus told the NFL Network. Rosenhaus said Farley is "totally asymptomatic and feels completely normal" but will not be able to be in Cleveland to hear his name called at the podium in person.

2 hours ago, oldtimer said:

Caleb Farley is expected to be among the first few defensive backs taken off the board Thursday night during the first round of the NFL Draft, but he will not be able to attend the event.

The former Virginia Tech cornerback tested positive for coronavirus Tuesday, his agent Drew Rosenhaus told the NFL Network. Rosenhaus said Farley is "totally asymptomatic and feels completely normal" but will not be able to be in Cleveland to hear his name called at the podium in person.

Probably a good thing for him because he might not get drafted in the first.  I'm hearing that teams are really leery of injuries this draft because of the lack of medicals.  I know still takes one team to gamble but having to sit in the green room over night has to suck big time.

23 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

Probably a good thing for him because he might not get drafted in the first.  I'm hearing that teams are really leery of injuries this draft because of the lack of medicals.  I know still takes one team to gamble but having to sit in the green room over night has to suck big time.

Yeah there's a lot of chatter to that, and that teams will have vastly different boards due to scouts not being able to chat together at the combine and pro days.

I still LOVE the kid and if he drops out of the 1st I think we should try and end our 2022 1st+4th to who ever will take it to draft this kid.  Should be a top 10 draft pick with cleared medicals.  We won't get a player of his talent next year with our 1st thats for sure.

6 hours ago, Balto said:

I still LOVE the kid and if he drops out of the 1st I think we should try and end our 2022 1st+4th to who ever will take it to draft this kid.  Should be a top 10 draft pick with cleared medicals.  We won't get a player of his talent next year with our 1st thats for sure.

Um no.

15 hours ago, Balto said:

If other teams pass because of medicals, why wouldn't the Chiefs?  They have no inside information as far as I know.  You sure are anxious to give away next year's first  😉

4 hours ago, jetlord said:

If other teams pass because of medicals, why wouldn't the Chiefs?  They have no inside information as far as I know.  You sure are anxious to give away next year's first  😉

Your correct and is exactly why he might drop from his top 10 talent out of the 1st round.  At some point the risk is worth it and I believe that number is top of the 2nd.

2 hours ago, Balto said:

Your correct and is exactly why he might drop from his top 10 talent out of the 1st round.  At some point the risk is worth it and I believe that number is top of the 2nd.

Sure, some team will take a shot if he drops, but the Chiefs, having no first round pick, can less afford to be wrong.  If they had three picks on the first two days, then take a risk withONE of them  Trading away picks to take that risk with few picks to begin with would be foolish.  JMHO