Not sure of the validity but this twitter links Chiefs to Orlando Brown

1 hour ago, Dan4pres said:

Meh, I'm not enthused about him enough to pay that high a price. Baltimore is a direct rival of ours and they aren't cutting the Chiefs any deals. We are probably the last team (besides Pittsburgh) they would trade with. I'd rather roll the dice on Okung or a rookie over there. Mahomes will make a rookie look a lot better than he is. He covered Fisher's shortcomings for two years. 

And Thuney being there at LG will help any LT.

i don't think there is a trade here at all...

Yes we are thin at OT but what should not shock anyone is that we have not heard of anyone talking about or visiting with Fish or Schwartz. That will possibly change after the draft or maybe we have some type of agreement to give us first crack at one or both. We can resign one of them or go with Okung and will be good, no need to throw away needed picks for a player who will command a high salary in a few years.

On 4/17/2021 at 6:30 AM, Iluvhouse24 said:

I just think after the last time Veach traded our first for a player and then gave said player a new contract, some people would feel more comfortable drafting and developing our own guy and having him on a 4 yr deal w the option for a 5th.

Clark absolutely helped us win a SB, but the dude was MIA last year and is one of the more expensive defensive players in the league. And we can't really restructure him because we have an out after this season that could free up over 13 mill and after 2022 that can free up over 20 mill.

Do we want to find ourselves in a similar scenario with Brown? I realize they are completely different positions, but at least if we draft a bust at 31 the cap ramifications aren't magnified like they are with Clark and could be with Brown if we trade for him, extend him, then find out he's a bad fit in our offense.

I think the talk about firing Veach is comical, but he also needs to show that he learns from his mistakes rather than repeating them. With a couple really good top to bottom drafts he has the chance to have this team out of cap trouble entirely in a few yrs, and we all know that this thing has to be built so our roster isn't nearly as top heavy going forward,  from a financial and talent standpoint. 

That's going to require Reid and Co. to actually trust some young players and being willing to play them early. 

Sorry, but top heavy is the way to go with a QB like Mahomes.  Get the big skill positions and weapons filled, then get players on their first contract to make it all affordable. Then get and/or keep the best coaching staff to make the first contract guys really good in year one or two. Paying for great position coaches is a better investment than anything in our situation.

4 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

Sorry, but top heavy is the way to go with a QB like Mahomes.  Get the big skill positions and weapons filled, then get players on their first contract to make it all affordable. Then get and/or keep the best coaching staff to make the first contract guys really good in year one or two. Paying for great position coaches is a better investment than anything in our situation.

Then why does Andy Heck still have a job?

9 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

Is he a crappy coach?  I would be surprised, because Andy makes those decisions.  I just don't know.  Why is Andy Heck bad?

I think he's just an easy scapegoat. His resume is exactly what you think an O-Line coach should be. If Ady thinks he's good  then I'm good. He'd of been the easy sacrificial lamb after the SB loss..ya can only coach who you got 

23 hours ago, oldtimer said:

I think he's just an easy scapegoat. His resume is exactly what you think an O-Line coach should be. If Ady thinks he's good  then I'm good. He'd of been the easy sacrificial lamb after the SB loss..ya can only coach who you got 

My only issue with the SB was mixing the entire Oline up when they constantly preach continuity.    We would have faired better with Rankin, Allegretti, Reiter, Wylie, Remmers than what we trotted out there, but not even sure that was Hecks idea so hard to blame him for it.   My real issue is Andrew Wylie.   They talk a good bit about him in a positive light when I've seen one or two goo plays in a years worth of work.    It is a head scratcher to me, but hoping the Long signing means they know he's nothing more than a versatile backup.

32 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

My only issue with the SB was mixing the entire Oline up when they constantly preach continuity.    We would have faired better with Rankin, Allegretti, Reiter, Wylie, Remmers than what we trotted out there, but not even sure that was Hecks idea so hard to blame him for it.   My real issue is Andrew Wylie.   They talk a good bit about him in a positive light when I've seen one or two goo plays in a years worth of work.    It is a head scratcher to me, but hoping the Long signing means they know he's nothing more than a versatile backup.

It better mean he doesn't make it through final cuts. Wtf they tendered him for is a mystery to me. That dude is fucking terrible. 

27 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

It better mean he doesn't make it through final cuts. Wtf they tendered him for is a mystery to me. That dude is fucking terrible. 

Its been going on for the entire offseason, about how bad Wylie is, because of what happened in the SB.  But none of this jibes with the opinions of the coaching staff, various sports writers, and the stats sheets, regarding his abilities and value to the team. O-linemen take a few years to develop, and the Chiefs are apparently high on him. Why all the hate? Is it because of this one game where he (a guard) was asked to show his "versatility" against one of the best D-lines in football while trying to do this with an entirely beat up and disorganized O- line surrounding him?  O lines depend on coordination as a unit and experience knowing each other, where they are supposed to be, who is doing what, etc.  The best O-lines are ones who have been able to have continuity for a few years.  Yet, so many on the forum want to hate on this guy.  He is a true scapegoat.  I'm sorry, but I am going with Andy and coaching staff on this one.  My opinion of Wylie is quite optimistic at this point.

1 hour ago, Fmbl2187 said:

Its been going on for the entire offseason, about how bad Wylie is, because of what happened in the SB.  But none of this jibes with the opinions of the coaching staff, various sports writers, and the stats sheets, regarding his abilities and value to the team. O-linemen take a few years to develop, and the Chiefs are apparently high on him. Why all the hate? Is it because of this one game where he (a guard) was asked to show his "versatility" against one of the best D-lines in football while trying to do this with an entirely beat up and disorganized O- line surrounding him?  O lines depend on coordination as a unit and experience knowing each other, where they are supposed to be, who is doing what, etc.  The best O-lines are ones who have been able to have continuity for a few years.  Yet, so many on the forum want to hate on this guy.  He is a true scapegoat.  I'm sorry, but I am going with Andy and coaching staff on this one.  My opinion of Wylie is quite optimistic at this point.

To be fair, a lot of people were down on Wylie long before the SB fiasco.  I'm with you in trusting the staff on whether or how to use him, but so far, he hasn't shown much and only played because LDT, Niang, and Osemele weren't available.  Can't blame him for the Super Bowl mess.  He was put into an impossible situation.  

2 hours ago, Fmbl2187 said:

The Superbowl? He's been our worst lineman for 2 yrs. Him being moved to tackle for the Atlanta game and the SB has nothing to do with it. That's just a clear case of Reid having too much loyalty to his players, which is a double edged sword. And a lack of depth.

Strictly as a guard, Andrew Wylie is a very poor football player. If Andrew Wylie plays a single snap for this team in 2021, Brett Veach has failed addressing our line. Period. 

You having an optimistic view of Wylie is truly ridiculous. Week in and week out he played poor football at RG in 2020 and at LG in 2019. I don't what game you are watching but the dude is a terrible pass blocker and not much better as a run blocker.

And you "going with Andy and the staff" on this one is naive too. It's the same staff that ran Ben Niemann out there all year. Do you have an optimistic view of him?  Same coach that kept Bob Sutton around in 2018. Same coach who watched our line get abused in the SB and never made any real adjustments.

His good qualities far outweigh his bad, but coaches have flaws too. They make mistakes. One of his happens to be that he is overly loyal to players. 

I agree with the thought that the coaching staff made the mistake of moving everyone around for the biggest game of the year. It might not have made a difference since it seemed the whole team came out flat anyway, but moving them into positions they hadn't played all year was a mistake in my eyes. Having said that, they had both hands tied behind them in that fight. Everyone talks about Brady schooled Mahomes. Brady would have been taken away in an ambulance with that line. 

Who knows what might have happened, if it hadn't been for the Britt Reid incident and the team having to play in the Bucs' home town and having to travel East on a shorter week, even with our decimated line. Travelling at all messes up the internal clock...which really ticks everyone off.

50 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

Who knows what might have happened, if it hadn't been for the Britt Reid incident and the team having to play in the Bucs' home town and having to travel East on a shorter week, even with our decimated line. Travelling at all messes up the internal clock...which really ticks everyone off.

Lots of excuses, but the bottom line was that TB, with everything cooking at home was a better team that day than the Chiefs with no OTs to protect the franchise and several other distractions.  Some years you're the lightening bug, some you're the windshield.  One out of two isn't all that bad. 30 other teams watched at home. 

1 hour ago, jetlord said:

Lots of excuses, but the bottom line was that TB, with everything cooking at home was a better team that day than the Chiefs with no OTs to protect the franchise and several other distractions.  Some years you're the lightening bug, some you're the windshield.  One out of two isn't all that bad. 30 other teams watched at home. 

Can’t wait to be 2 out of 3!

7 hours ago, Fmbl2187 said:

That's just football. There are always injuries and criminal issues to deal with and the scheduling/venue tends to favor one team over the other, etc. We had everything go against us but that's probably the "luck" factor everyone loves to talk about. However the coaches & management is only as good as their ability to adjust to such situations. Let's just hope this was a good learning opportunity for all of them and hope for better going forward while making sure we take the necessary precautions. 

1 hour ago, Fmbl2187 said:

It sure is more fun being a fan of this team, having to make excuses for LOSING a Super Bowl instead of all the reasons we couldn't get in one.  Nice era to be a fan, ain't it?  Waited a long time for it.

At least some of us have lived long enough to witness it twice.  Hope we make it to the third cycle.