I didn't like the pick. I heard a rumor concerning this pick. Mind you it was only a rumor. I heard Dorsey was interested in Johnny Manziel as a future replacement for Alex Smith. The rumor goes, Dorsey is not as happy with Smith as is Reid, but needed a "suitable" replacement for Alex. Alex would play out his final year, and Manziel would be groomed to replace him in 2015. Unfortunately, Cleveland jumped KC, and picked Johnny Football one pick ahead (#22). Dorsey was in no man's land. The better receivers were gone, and Dorsey was not interested in Benjamin (due to his slow 40). 

Dorsey picked Ford as a possible replacement of either Hali or Houston (if negotiations went bad). It was a knee jerk reaction. Dee Ford has never been a complete LB. Dee Ford is very limited player. He is not an every down LB. He will kill the team against the run. 

By the way.. i was not a fan of Manziel at this pick. 

I didn't like the pick. I heard a rumor concerning this pick. Mind you it was only a rumor. I heard Dorsey was interested in Johnny Manziel as a future replacement for Alex Smith. The rumor goes, Dorsey is not as happy with Smith as is Reid, but needed a "suitable" replacement for Alex. Alex would play out his final year, and Manziel would be groomed to replace him in 2015. Unfortunately, Cleveland jumped KC, and picked Johnny Football one pick ahead (#22). Dorsey was in no man's land. The better receivers were gone, and Dorsey was not interested in Benjamin (due to his slow 40).

Dorsey picked Ford as a possible replacement of either Hali or Houston (if negotiations went bad). It was a knee jerk reaction. Dee Ford has never been a complete LB. Dee Ford is very limited player. He is not an every down LB. He will kill the team against the run.

By the way.. i was not a fan of Manziel at this pick.

Benjamin looks pretty good to me.

Benjamin looks pretty good to me.

Looks good to me too. Benjamin was a guy I thought would be good at first. I had him as our pick initially. Then, the more I looked I started downgrading him. I liked how he highpointed the ball, and came down with TD passes. However, he was slow with no burst, ran poor routes, and dropped passes. I think he has a chance of being really good, but also has a chance of being bad.

A lot of the predraft sites had us taking either Brandin Cooks or Marquise Lee as well. I would have been happy with either of those...especially Cooks.

Cooks is going to be a start in this league. New Orleans snatched him up #20.  M. Lee didn't get picked until the 2nd round (# 39 overall). Lee caught 10 passes for 62 yards against Philadelphia. He looks to be good, especially if he gets to play catch with a better QB. Right now he has to Chad Henne, and that must really suck. 

We have done this 2 years in a row now. We have drafted players in the first round that were replacements for the following year.    We dont bring in any imediate impact players in the first round.    

This stretegy worked for them in Green Bay because they had  Hall of Fame QB to go along with quite possibly another hall of fame QB. The Chiefs dont have that.    People continue to come to KC thinking they can win Chaimptionship with an average at best qb.   WE do need help in alot of other places as well, but we didnt get help there.

So far there has been no impact players that Dorsey has drafted.  This year is only 1 game in, and our only real hope is DAT. lol

We have done this 2 years in a row now. We have drafted players in the first round that were replacements for the following year.    We dont bring in any imediate impact players in the first round.    

This stretegy worked for them in Green Bay because they had  Hall of Fame QB to go along with quite possibly another hall of fame QB. The Chiefs dont have that.    People continue to come to KC thinking they can win Chaimptionship with an average at best qb.   WE do need help in alot of other places as well, but we didnt get help there.

So far there has been no impact players that Dorsey has drafted.  This year is only 1 game in, and our only real hope is DAT. lol

who will not be playing in week 2

who will not be playing in week 2

Yeah, We thought Pioli's drafts were stinkers.  This guys drafts are as of right now. Far Worse.   At least Pioli got a few guys that were solid contributers.  I hope fisher can turn it around, but he looks to small and looks like he just gets pushed around.  This team is in a tough spot. If they really suck this year and things go really bad.  They might skip out on a chance to draft a QB again because of Alex Smith's contract.   This team for the immediate future is screwed.

I hope they can turn it around this year, but that Oline and that secondary scare me.     Then our WR's?  ouch.

So, make it three and take a QB in 2105?

Last week’s game could be an aberration.  It could just have been a bad game.  I don’t think so, but we don’t know for certain, yet.  Let’s presume last week’s game is a precursor for the rest of the season.  Let’s presume KC wins 5 games and drafts in the top 10. 

They've hitched their wagon to Al.  Unless they have the first pick and Winston or Mariotta ends up looking like the next Luck they won't draft a QB.  Just another reason, after the fact of course, why they shouldn't have signed Al until after the season.  They shouldn’t have done so, regardless.  There should have been no rush.  

This front office grossly overrated where this team was based on last season just like some of us did.  Now they may be facing a full blown rebuild with a QB who may be 32-33 years old, in the fat end of his contract, and on his way out, when the pieces are falling into place.  Then, once again, the team will be looking for a QB to complete the puzzle.  And the mentality will be that we need an established QB because the team is soooo close.

And the beat goes on…

I would love too, because lets face it, this team is going no where for a few years.   IN all honesty, we all know its probably going to be a Offensive Linemen, because Alex will have the excuse that the Oline was just terrible in 2014.

Crazy that the Broncos are usually consistently pretty damned good. Yet, the Chiefs are usually pretty damn average to bad.  We might have 1 good year, but we never follow it up with back to back good years.  Its been a while since thats happened.

It will be interesting to see how they come out this week.  If they make it a game, and it goes down to the wire, the 0-2 will overshadow everything.   

go chiefs!!

If it goes down to the wire against one of the best teams in the NFL, ill be excited going foward.  if its 45-10 like i think its going to be. Lets just get ready to watch college football (which i dont care for) for some prospects.

If it goes down to the wire against one of the best teams in the NFL, ill be excited going foward.  if its 45-10 like i think its going to be. Lets just get ready to watch college football (which i dont care for) for some prospects.

Winston needs to be drafted in that case. He's a WINNER! We need some damn charisma on this team. 

Archived