Teven Jenkins

xen

I like his game. Most recent mock sims I've been doing have flip flopped and have Cosmi going before 31 and Jenkins still there. Last week it seemed like it was the other way around. I'd be fine with Cosmi but prefer Jenkins hands down. 

He won’t get out of the top 20.  Even if he does, Indy won’t pass him up.

Cosmi’s RAS is 9.99.  He is more athletic than I thought.  33” arms.

I would still rather roll the dice on Brown in round 2.  

41 minutes ago, SEMO said:

You are probably right. Indy seems to really like Jenkins profile. Good RAS and he is a finisher. Several articles said the Colts were "smitten" with Jenkins. If Veach wanted him he'd find a way to move up. Not sure I'd want to burn the draft capital.

3 minutes ago, dhitter said:

You are probably right. Indy seems to really like Jenkins profile. Good RAS and he is a finisher. Several articles said the Colts were "smitten" with Jenkins. If Veach wanted him he'd find a way to move up. Not sure I'd want to burn the draft capital.

and thats where I might differ. I'm not draft nerd but I'd rather burn a pick or two to get a player you have high confidence is a future perennial  Pro Bowler than  several hopes and a prayer

I'd rather get 4-5  good high confidence players than  6-8 hopefuls but thats just me. Veach's future may very well teeter on this drafts performance but there are also a few players out there to fill the gaps if  our needs are not met  with the draft

2 hours ago, SEMO said:

would you move up for him in round 1?

2 hours ago, oldtimer said:

and thats where I might differ. I'm not draft nerd but I'd rather burn a pick or two to get a player you have high confidence is a future perennial  Pro Bowler than  several hopes and a prayer

I'd rather get 4-5  good high confidence players than  6-8 hopefuls but thats just me. Veach's future may very well teeter on this drafts performance but there are also a few players out there to fill the gaps if  our needs are not met  with the draft

I agree.  But there seems to be a lot of whining around here when Veach burns picks to move up.  

3 hours ago, SEMO said:

I'm thinking with Brown's testing he won't be there at the end of 2.

4 hours ago, xen said:

This dude is just special.  Would take him in a heartbeat.  Right side, left side, what the fuck ever just get him on your line.  Honestly at this point I think he's a better fit than guys ranked higher.  

So he can play LT in the NFL, in your opinion? At a high level? I'm mean getting a pro bowl RG at 31 isn't really a wasted pick, so I guess it doesn't matter...

2 hours ago, oldtimer said:

I just don't get this. Nothing personal, but I don't understand why I keep hearing this. How can the job security of a GM who's team has played in back to back Superbowls be something that's being discussed? Unless it's discussing an extension.

9 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

So he can play LT in the NFL, in your opinion? At a high level? I'm mean getting a pro bowl RG at 31 isn't really a wasted pick, so I guess it doesn't matter...

I think he can play on either side.  He looked good the few times he was on the left in college.  I mean I like Spencer Brown on the left as well and he was exclusively on the right.  

Teven is not the most athletic tackle in the class but he is a good athlete with good technique and he gets the job done.  Think more Schwartz and less Fisher, only he's also the meanest tackle in the draft.

46 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

I just don't get this. Nothing personal, but I don't understand why I keep hearing this. How can the job security of a GM who's team has played in back to back Superbowls be something that's being discussed? Unless it's discussing an extension.

I'm not saying he'd get fired soon  but as 2-3-4 years go down the line. MVPat  ends up being Andrew Luck it "could" cost him his job. I'm not rooting for it but firing a GM is a lot cheaper than you  $500M QB or your HC and if when fans demand a change ..Owners listen  history proves that in spades. Chiefs fans now expect SB's not playoffs .. the Carl Peterson strategy is out the window

JMO

I think trading up for Breeland Speaks.  Mecole Hardman.   Drafting a RB in the first round when you know your HC won't utilize him with Pat back there.   Drafting a guy with little to no experience at LB in the 2nd round and watching Ben Niemann start over him.   Again he isn't on any hot seat.  I think he does a great job with UDFA's and turning over stones in FA but his drafting has been subpar.   I don't blame him for the SB loss becuase no one can predict fluke injuries especially to two guys that have been stalwarts but it is his responsibilty to get it fixed now.   If we miss more SB opportunities because Pat is running for his life then yes he is the low man on the totem.   I say all that but I do like me some Veach and I think he will get it figured out this draft and we will be fine.   

I hope we don't trade up into the 20's for a RT hoping he can play LT.    JMO.

Ever since the rookie salaries have been set with the previous CBA any player is worth #31 and any pro bowler is a good pick. I don't know where Jenkins ends up on the line but if the staff is really high for him in both the short and the long term I wouldn't mind giving up another pick to move up. I just don't like giving up a lot though; especially if the player is a project like Speaks, Kpass, Hardman, etc.

Regardless Veach needs to solidify his position as a GM. Owners don't invest half a billion on punching bags and Veach needs to show that his priorities are in the right place. NFL is a matter of finding a franchise QB and then building strong trenches and Chiefs are probably in the worst possible situation among decent teams in one of the trenches. Also coaches always want the shiny new toy like a skill position but a GM has to see the bigger picture. 

10 hours ago, xen said:

I'm thinking with Brown's testing he won't be there at the end of 2.

I don't either.  And, I have already said that I have no problem taking him at 31.  He might end up the best tackle taken in this draft. 

But, I would also be fine trading back into the top half of round 2 to draft him if he is still on the board.

5 minutes ago, SEMO said:

I don't either.  And, I have already said that I have no problem taking him at 31.  He might end up the best tackle taken in this draft. 

But, I would also be fine trading back into the top half of round 2 to draft him if he is still on the board.

Yep. This is what I would want to see. Grab him and then use the late 2nd for another O line like center. Pick up another top 100 pick or so too in the trade and have multiple picks in 3rd and 4th rounds? 

7 hours ago, sith13 said:

Ever since the rookie salaries have been set with the previous CBA any player is worth #31 and any pro bowler is a good pick. I don't know where Jenkins ends up on the line but if the staff is really high for him in both the short and the long term I wouldn't mind giving up another pick to move up. I just don't like giving up a lot though; especially if the player is a project like Speaks, Kpass, Hardman, etc.

Regardless Veach needs to solidify his position as a GM. Owners don't invest half a billion on punching bags and Veach needs to show that his priorities are in the right place. NFL is a matter of finding a franchise QB and then building strong trenches and Chiefs are probably in the worst possible situation among decent teams in one of the trenches. Also coaches always want the shiny new toy like a skill position but a GM has to see the bigger picture. 

I think Veach's priorities are in the right place by how aggressive he was with Thuney and Williams.  Look if we get the next version of Mitchell Schwartz at 31 to nail down our RT because he can't play LT......I'm perfectly fine with that.    You can scheme around one weak link on the Oline even if its LT but I view Jenkins as a project because he's moving sides and he's never played LT that I know of.   I also think he will go before us which means we will have to go up and get him.   If it cost a 4th I'm down but I think it is going to cost more and I don't think we can afford to trade our 3rd as well.   However, if he turns out to be Eric Fisher level or above.....then a 1st and 3rd isn't horrible.   So I've basically just walked myself in a circle on this guy and have made no sense lol.  

2 hours ago, kkuenn said:

Yep. This is what I would want to see. Grab him and then use the late 2nd for another O line like center. Pick up another top 100 pick or so too in the trade and have multiple picks in 3rd and 4th rounds? 

Stop Gap, Thuney, Rookie, Long, Niang      I could live with that knowing Brown is developing.  

50 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

Stop Gap, Thuney, Rookie, Long, Niang      I could live with that knowing Brown is developing.  

As stated in another thread, if Niang goes LT, Brown may be able to be had at RT? That or keep Remmers at RT and draft Center?

3 hours ago, kkuenn said:

As stated in another thread, if Niang goes LT, Brown may be able to be had at RT? That or keep Remmers at RT and draft Center?

Could even have Schwartz come back as a stop gap RT on the cheap

3 hours ago, kkuenn said:

Why would it be more likely Niang could move from RT to LT than a first round rookie?  Neither has proven they can play any position in the NFL. 

30 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Maybe? They have to have something up their sleeve to ignore LT and Center so far.

They did pick up a center and Allegretti is still a possibility there.  It would be great if the draft fell in a way for the Chiefs to get Dickerson, Meinerz, Humphry, or Meyer and have a plug in ten year solid starter, but that's not likely if they draft a OT first.