Teven Jenkins

xen

24 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Maybe? They have to have something up their sleeve to ignore LT and Center so far.

I'm just not sold on Niang at LT.  I mean even in college he played RT and you can point to his hip injury being the issues with looking slow on pass protection but it was still a negative coming into the NFL.  The positive is I don't think he ever allowed a sack in the 3 years playing at RT but you could say that's because at TCU they see sacks with that spread attack.

I still like the idea of Niang taking over RT for us and think he can do a really really good job.  I'd also look at Gator and Prince battle it out at center while Blythe is just penciled in as the backup.(Blythe actually graded out worse than Reiter if thats even possible).  THEN draft out new starting LT in the first few rounds.....Jenkins at #1.31 or trade down......Brown/Little/Stone at #2.63 OR with that trade down.  If all three still on the board at #63 I could see Veach trading down and still getting one of them.

1 hour ago, jetlord said:

They did pick up a center and Allegretti is still a possibility there.  It would be great if the draft fell in a way for the Chiefs to get Dickerson, Meinerz, Humphry, or Meyer and have a plug in ten year solid starter, but that's not likely if they draft a OT first.  

We will see on Blythe. I think drafting one and giving him time is why Blythe is here. One year contracts are pluggers at best until we can either draft this or next year an upgrade imo. Maybe they did it too knowing the cap will explode next year also. Smart on all sides to do 1 year this year. Also smart to sign with a contender and possibility of winning it all.

22 hours ago, oldtimer said:

and thats where I might differ. I'm not draft nerd but I'd rather burn a pick or two to get a player you have high confidence is a future perennial  Pro Bowler than  several hopes and a prayer

I'd rather get 4-5  good high confidence players than  6-8 hopefuls but thats just me. Veach's future may very well teeter on this drafts performance but there are also a few players out there to fill the gaps if  our needs are not met  with the draft

I mention the draft capital because of the fact I believe we need 3 to 4 solid contributors out of this draft. If we moved up to get Jenkins I think you are looking at 10-12 spots. What would we have to give up to make that jump? Swap 1sts plus a 2nd and a 5th? I don't really know. But whatever it is ...that's fewer bullets Veach has to reload. If he needs to nail the draft wouldn't he be better off maneuvering to get more picks in the top 100? Just asking for conversation OT...😉

9 minutes ago, dhitter said:

I mention the draft capital because of the fact I believe we need 3 to 4 solid contributors out of this draft. If we moved up to get Jenkins I think you are looking at 10-12 spots. What would we have to give up to make that jump? Swap 1sts plus a 2nd and a 5th? I don't really know. But whatever it is ...that's fewer bullets Veach has to reload. If he needs to nail the draft wouldn't he be better off maneuvering to get more picks in the top 100? Just asking for conversation OT...😉

I dunno, like I said I'm not a draft nerd ..jmo here he certainly needs an B+ or better draft  but seriously I dont know if I have the confidence in him to  make that grade with multiple top 100 picks.. I think Veach is a Wizard at contracts and cap etc.. I'm hoping for the best with  O-linemEn being  top of the priority list