lf first round mock

liquidfriend

1.  Jacksonville Jaguars - Trevor Lawrence, QB  Clemson

This was a lock when the Jags got the pick.

2.  New York Jets - Zach Wilson, QB  BYU

Another QB to be ruined by the Jets.

3.  San Francisco 49ers - Justin Fields, QB  Ohio State

Not buying the Lance or Jones smoke.  Fields is the #2 QB in this draft, IMO.

4.  Los Angeles Chargers (f/ATL) - Penei Sewell, OT  Oregon

I think if he makes it the Bengals, he's the pick at 5.  The Chargers know this and know the Falcons want to move down.

The Chargers give up 13+47+77 for 4.

5.  Cincinnati Bengals - Kyle Pitts, TE  Florida

The Bengals miss out on Sewell so they opt to give Burrow another weapon.

6.  Miami Dolphins - Ja'Marr Chase, WR  LSU

The Dolphins land a #1 WR.

7.  Detroit Lions - DeVonta Smith, WR  Alabama

Goff isn't great but he deserves a year to audition for the long term spot in Detroit.  The Lions should prioritize giving him a weapon at WR.

8.  Carolina Panthers - Patrick Surtain II, CB  Alabama

The Panthers traded for Darnold so the focus now needs to shift to the Defense. 

9.  Denver Broncos - Mac Jones, QB  Alabama

To the surprise of 0 MU fans, Drew Lock sucks.  They could go Trey Lance here but I think the Broncos will be gun shy and go with the safe choice.

Mac Jones did play with a lot of confidence in 2020.  This offense could really start clicking well if they find a quality runner to carry the load.

10. Dallas Cowboys - Jaycee Horn, CB  South Carolina

The Cowboys gave up a shit load of points in 2020 and need to cut down on it.

11. New York Giants - Jaylen Waddle, WR  Alabama

The Giants need some home run hitters to compensate for that fact that Danny Dimes isn't very good.

12.  Indianapolis Colts (f/PHI) - Christian Darrisaw, OT  Virginia Tech

The Colts went big to get Wentz and know what happens to Wentz if he doesn't feel comfortable.  They make a big move to grab the 2nd best tackle in the draft.

The Eagles didn't really have a great choice at this slot anyhow and will be glad to take an extra 2nd to move down.  The get 21+54 for 12.

13. Atlanta Falcons (f/LAC) - Trey Lance, QB  North Dakota State

4 would have been way too high to go QB, but I think this is a good range to take the shot.  The Falcons are a total rebuild so there's no reason for them to prioritize building around a declining Matt Ryan.  Lance can sit for 2 years until they can afford to cut Matt Ryan while they build a team around him.

14. Minnesota Vikings - Rashawn Slater, OL  Northwestern

Since the Vikings are sticking with Cousins, they better keep building him a line so that he has all day. 

15. New England Patriots - Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah, LB  Notre Dame

The Patriots miss out on the QB's, but I feel the 49ers will be looking to trade Jimmy after they pick at 3.  I feel the Patriots can get him back the what they originally got from him:  a 2nd round pick

16. Arizona Cardinals - Caleb Fairley, CB  Virginia Tech

A real gamble here, but would be a huge steal if he stays healthy in the NFL.

17. Las Vegas Raiders - Asante Samuel Jr,  CB  Florida State

The one thing about the Raiders and Mayock, they go to the beat of their own drum and really don't give a fucking shit about selecting the best player or value. 

They gave big money to Joyner a few years ago hoping that he would be the guy for that #3 corner role and he was a bust.  Samuel is very aggressive as a player and will fit in with Gus Bradley and his Cover 3 approach.

18. Miami Dolphins - Micah Parsons, LB  Penn State

The Dolphins are getting some great value here.

19. Washington Peoples - Alex Leatherwood, OT  Alabama

I think teams are higher on Leatherwood than the draftnicks.  The WFT LT situation is really bad.

20. Chicago Bears - Aaron Robinson, CB  Central Florida

The Bears have a big hole at corner after releasing Fuller.

21. Philadelphia Eagles - Greg Newsome II, CB  Northwestern

The Eagles need a better option across from Slay.

22. Tennessee Titans - Tyson Campbell, CB  Georgia

The Titans will need something after letting go 2 corners during the offseason.

23. New York Jets - Jamin Davis, LB  Kentucky

The Jets Defense looks weak at inside backer and could stand to improve.

24. Pittsburgh Steelers - Travis Etienne, RB  Clemson

The Steelers know that Ben is pretty much cooked and need a strong running game to still be effective on Offense.

The final result of the Le'Veon Bell hold out is neither side won.

25. Jacksonville Jaguars - Christian Barmore, DT  Alabama

The Jaguars are pretty weak at IDL.

26. Cleveland Browns - Kwity Paye, DL  Michigan

The Browns still need a DE because the one they just signed is a broke dick.

27. Baltimore Ravens - Zaven Collins, LB  Tulsa

The Ravens get another massive steal here.

28. New Orleans Saints - Terrace Marshall, WR  LSU

The Saints could use some more targets on Offense.

29. Green Bay Packers - Jalen Mayfield, OT  Michigan

I don't think the Packers are going to leave RT as is.

30. Buffalo Bills - Jaelan Phillips, DE  Miami

The Bills were dismantled in the AFCCG by a handicapped Patrick Mahomes.  I can guarantee that it still haunts them today.

Although they made an add in FA, I think they will add more in the draft.

31. Kansas City Chiefs - Teven Jenkins, OT  Oklahoma State

The Chiefs would be best served to sit and wait.  They will get a player that fits what they want to do and that's exactly what just happened.

32. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Kadarius Toney, WR  Florida

I don't think Arians wants a fucking thing to do with Antonio Brown so they draft a WR to shut Brady up.

f421ca4a1df7fa387edfb554d5efe0ca.gif

I just don't see Jenkins falling that far.  

WFT needs to fire someone for taking a guard over all the available tackles.  Leatherwood has some serious issues with lateral movement that will cap his effectiveness on the outside.  Fast guys will eat his lunch.

Way too high for my liking for Jamin Davis and Tyson Campbell but not unreasonable.  Tyson's speed will get him overdrafted and he's a good player.  

Welcome back.

4 minutes ago, xen said:

f421ca4a1df7fa387edfb554d5efe0ca.gif

I just don't see Jenkins falling that far.  

WFT needs to fire someone for taking a guard over all the available tackles.  Leatherwood has some serious issues with lateral movement that will cap his effectiveness on the outside.  Fast guys will eat his lunch.

Way too high for my liking for Jamin Davis and Tyson Campbell but not unreasonable.  Tyson's speed will get him overdrafted and he's a good player.  

Welcome back.

lol thanks

I think the OT rankings are allover the place and I don't believe there will be a strong rush for them as others are expecting.  There are a lot of quality tackles in this draft.  A lot.

May not be Jenkins exactly, but I do not anticipate they need to move one spot to land a quality blocker.  Great year to be shopping for one.

In fact, I like this class so much it wouldn't shock me if they waited until Round 2 to get a tackle.

3 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

LF where the fuck you been??

Work and life have consumed so much of my time.  It's ridiculous, but I try to pop in when I can!

2 minutes ago, liquidfriend said:

lol thanks

I think the OT rankings are allover the place and I don't believe there will be a strong rush for them as others are expecting.  There are a lot of quality tackles in this draft.  A lot.

May not be Jenkins exactly, but I do not anticipate they need to move one spot to land a quality blocker.  Great year to be shopping for one.

In fact, I like this class so much it wouldn't shock me if they waited until Round 2 to get a tackle.

Work and life have consumed so much of my time.  It's ridiculous, but I try to pop in when I can!

Yeah I agree on the tackle class.  It's ridiculous.  Don't think I've ever seen this many tackles i like.

1 hour ago, xen said:

Yeah I agree on the tackle class.  It's ridiculous.  Don't think I've ever seen this many tackles i like.

The thing to remember is that the 2020 draft was pretty damn stacked at the top, too. 

Not as top heavy, but there are definitely tackle options for each part of the draft.  Such a good class.  I think the richness at over last year and this year is why I don't think there will be a very strong push to take tackles early.  Will be interesting to see though.

7 hours ago, liquidfriend said:

Cosmi

Forsythe

Ranunz

Brown

I think Cosmi has much higher upside while Forsythe is a more probable Week 1 starter.

Maybe with Thuney on one side and Bell chipping on the other, Cosmi could get by protecting Pat while he learns.  Not the best situation, but if Niang/Remmers can nail down the right side, the Chiefs could muddle through.  Still hoping for a stop gap at LT.  

8 hours ago, jetlord said:

So how would you rand Cosmi, Brown Ranunz, and Forsythe?  Any quick starters in there? 

In order how I like them long term:

Brown

Radunz

Cosmi

Forsythe

In order how i like them for a quick starter at LT:

Cosmi

Forsyth

Radunz

Brown

1 hour ago, xen said:

In order how I like them long term:

Brown

Radunz

Cosmi

Forsythe

In order how i like them for a quick starter at LT:

Cosmi

Forsyth

Radunz

Brown

Then the question becomes how long do you see before guys like Brown or Radunz actually starting at a decent level? 

1 hour ago, sith13 said:

Then the question becomes how long do you see before guys like Brown or Radunz actually starting at a decent level? 

I don't think Radunz will need all that long but I'm not sure the Chiefs will like him as they tend to be more worried about arm length than I am.  I really like him because you can literally put him anywhere on the line.  That versatility is crazy.  Plus he's mean like Teven.

Brown may need a redshirt year if you're putting him on the left.  Not nearly as long on the right.

8 hours ago, jetlord said:

Maybe with Thuney on one side and Bell chipping on the other, Cosmi could get by protecting Pat while he learns.  Not the best situation, but if Niang/Remmers can nail down the right side, the Chiefs could muddle through.  Still hoping for a stop gap at LT.  

I'm not too concerned about that.  He was throwing the ball in receivers faces with no OL protection and a bad toe.

I'm a lot more concerned with the WR position tbh

15 hours ago, Palangi said:

How come you don't think Cosmi can stay day 1?

He very well can.  It's not a testament on if he's a Day 1 player or not because he certainly is.  There are really just that many Round 1 worthy tackles and I just don't think the demand will match the supply.  Great year if you're buying.