Niang at LT?

1 minute ago, Lamardirts said:

I don't think Niang and Williams are mutually exclusive.  They could really like Niang at LT but you can't pass up on the opportunity to protect Williams with the best LT.  

Protect Williams with an LT?  Put Mahomes at LT?  Weird flex but okay.  🤔

😜

18 hours ago, Palangi said:

If Niang is the LT, here is a guy that could be a RT option in round 2 or 3. Great measurable and physical nasty demeanor. 

Tommy Doyle Miami of Ohio.  6'8" 320. He has 35.5"arms.  Ran a 5.1 forty. 33.5" vertical.  84" wingspan. 

https://draftscout.com/dsprofile.php?PlayerId=1025041&DraftYear=2021

What's his IQ?

1 hour ago, Adamixoye said:

Counterpoint:  what if they legitimately see Niang as someone who could potentially play either?  Then you could go after a great LT and stick Niang at RT.  But if you can't get your LT maybe you put Niang there next to a high quality LG and try to solve RT instead.

I don't know.  This all could be misinformation by Andy.  But some players make the switch and I think Niang has at least the physical characteristics to have a chance.

Could be, Niang may just be a decent LT but a great one might have been juicier. Entering the draft with no need at OT provides great flexibility and the 5th year option that comes with #31 is always valuable when trading down. 

From last year's comments I thought Niang's versatility is a matter of playing inside or outside but if it actually includes either side of the line that would make him a huge steal. Not very likely though. 

If Niang can play LT and Teven Jenkins could fall to us I would be ok going with these two young tackles.

I would also trade LDT and let Long play RG. That gives us 2 veteran guards to help the two young tackles. I'd also trade LDT so that our younger guard backups can get work, Rankin and Durant. 

I think Allegretti and Blythe will battle for the center spot. With Allegretti winning and Blythe being a veteran backup. 

The only question is tackle backups.  Tenets will be there for RT and G depth.  Maybe they see Prince as the LT depth? 

LT- Niang,  Prince

LG- Thuney,  Rankin

C - Allegretti,  Blythe

RG- Long,  Durant

RT- Jenkins,  Remmers

2 minutes ago, Palangi said:

If Niang can play LT and Teven Jenkins could fall to us I would be ok going with these two young tackles.

I would also trade LDT and let Long play RG. That gives us 2 veteran guards to help the two young tackles. I'd also trade LDT so that our younger guard backups can get work, Rankin and Durant. 

I think Allegretti and Blythe will battle for the center spot. With Allegretti winning and Blythe being a veteran backup. 

The only question is tackle backups.  Tenets will be there for RT and G depth.  Maybe they see Prince as the LT depth? 

I know people around here are down on LDT, but I'd need a fantastic price on him before trading away a starting-caliber piece in the hopes that a vet flyer with an injury history is going to return to form.  I'd rather have the depth unless we get an asset back AND have a way to replace that depth.

2 hours ago, Palangi said:

LT- Niang,  Prince

LG- Thuney,  Rankin

C - Allegretti,  Blythe

RG- Long,  Durant

RT- Jenkins,  Remmers

Pretty sure LDT has a no trade clause.

2 hours ago, Adamixoye said:

I know people around here are down on LDT, but I'd need a fantastic price on him before trading away a starting-caliber piece in the hopes that a vet flyer with an injury history is going to return to form.  I'd rather have the depth unless we get an asset back AND have a way to replace that depth.

LDT also has an injury history.  And is average at best.  We might be able to play on his doctor story too get a team to bite.  Rankin has shown to be a solid guard.  And is on the team still if long gets hurt or under performs.  Remmers as well

1 hour ago, Palangi said:

LDT also has an injury history.  And is average at best.  We might be able to play on his doctor story too get a team to bite.  Rankin has shown to be a solid guard.  And is on the team still if long gets hurt or under performs.  Remmers as well

There is no chance LDT beats out Long. We got to test the waters for a trading partner

I can't find anywhere that LTD has a no trade clause 

Regardless the cap hit makes it a Post June 1st "Camp" type of trade that you see every year.  Some team will lose a guard and Veach will trade LTD away for pocket change OR another player like a teams backup LB that would start for us haha.

22 minutes ago, xen said:

No chance?  Long has been out of the game and was constantly injured for 3 straight years before that.  LDT will likely start.

LDT was out last year too. At least long is an all pro when healthy.  LDT is lucky to be average.  I think he will be traded or cut

39 minutes ago, xen said:

No chance?  Long has been out of the game and was constantly injured for 3 straight years before that.  LDT will likely start.

Exactly.  He has seen the doctor so much, he might as well  be a backup to one.

1 hour ago, xen said:

I disagree. I dont think he came out of retirement to be a cheerleader. If healthy he is the superior player. LDT was flat lousy his last 2 yrs here. Long has had injuries but he's been an above average player when healthy. Wylie is fucking terrible, but if LDT is their idea of an upgrade we are in trouble. 

5 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

I disagree. I dont think he came out of retirement to be a cheerleader. If healthy he is the superior player. LDT was flat lousy his last 2 yrs here. Long has had injuries but he's been an above average player when healthy. Wylie is fucking terrible, but if LDT is their idea of an upgrade we are in trouble. 

I doubt either player is written down as the starter. LDT is basically playing out his contract and Long is simply trying to make a comeback. The better player should start. I liked healthy Long much better than healthy LDT but don't know what level either of them are at currently.

6 hours ago, xen said:

IMO....yes, none. Long literally sat out a year to heal mentally and physically. LDT sat out a year due to covid. A 75% Long is better than a 100% LDT

8 hours ago, Balto said:

I can't find anywhere that LTD has a no trade clause 

Regardless the cap hit makes it a Post June 1st "Camp" type of trade that you see every year.  Some team will lose a guard and Veach will trade LTD away for pocket change OR another player like a teams backup LB that would start for us haha.

image.png.2c1a1772bc8a88676c798e189f107815.pngimage.png.b0f25cd49b547b1e4b66c5aa26aa7495.png

It’s fairly common for disgruntled NFL players to give their teams a short list of acceptable trade destinations. However, it’s still quite rare for players to hold contractual veto power over a trade. Currently, there are only eight NFL players with a no-trade clause in their deals, as ESPN.com’s Field Yates tweets

▪️ Drew Brees, QB (Saints)

▪️ Laurent Duvernay-Tardif, OL (Chiefs)

▪️ Jimmy Garoppolo, QB (49ers)

▪️ Jimmy Graham, TE (Bears)

▪️ DeAndre Hopkins, WR (Cardinals)

▪️ Patrick Mahomes, QB (Chiefs)

▪️ Deshaun Watson, QB (Texans)

▪️ Russell Wilson, QB (Seahawks)

The Chiefs, who represent 25% of the list, furnished LDT with a NTC as a part of his contract restructure. Historically, there haven’t been many offensive lineman to secure the clause. However, Duvernay-Tardif had a bit of leverage in 2020 when the Chiefs needed extra cap room. He was scheduled to count for nearly $9 million, $6.45 million of which was base salary. Instead, he converted some of that money into a signing bonus over the remaining three years and came away with a perk typically reserved for quarterbacks.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/the-only-nfl-players-with-no-trade-clauses/ar-BB1e4QUa

3 hours ago, SEMO said:

image.png.2c1a1772bc8a88676c798e189f107815.pngimage.png.b0f25cd49b547b1e4b66c5aa26aa7495.png

It’s fairly common for disgruntled NFL players to give their teams a short list of acceptable trade destinations. However, it’s still quite rare for players to hold contractual veto power over a trade. Currently, there are only eight NFL players with a no-trade clause in their deals, as ESPN.com’s Field Yates tweets

▪️ Drew Brees, QB (Saints)

▪️ Laurent Duvernay-Tardif, OL (Chiefs)

▪️ Jimmy Garoppolo, QB (49ers)

▪️ Jimmy Graham, TE (Bears)

▪️ DeAndre Hopkins, WR (Cardinals)

▪️ Patrick Mahomes, QB (Chiefs)

▪️ Deshaun Watson, QB (Texans)

▪️ Russell Wilson, QB (Seahawks)

The Chiefs, who represent 25% of the list, furnished LDT with a NTC as a part of his contract restructure. Historically, there haven’t been many offensive lineman to secure the clause. However, Duvernay-Tardif had a bit of leverage in 2020 when the Chiefs needed extra cap room. He was scheduled to count for nearly $9 million, $6.45 million of which was base salary. Instead, he converted some of that money into a signing bonus over the remaining three years and came away with a perk typically reserved for quarterbacks.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/the-only-nfl-players-with-no-trade-clauses/ar-BB1e4QUa

You da man, thanks.

19 hours ago, Palangi said:

LT- Niang,  Prince

LG- Thuney,  Rankin

C - Allegretti,  Blythe

RG- Long,  Durant

RT- Jenkins,  Remmers

Do you sign a veteran LT like Peters just in case.   

1 hour ago, Palangi said:

Niang getting work at LT. Sounds like he has been working the whole time.  

https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2021/04/22/kansas-city-chiefs-lucas-niang-brett-yarris-left-tackle-training-video/

Good find. This makes me happy. Would make me feel a lot better about taking the best tackle on the board when we do go OT, regardless of which side he plays on. 

Even though I was hoping Niang could play LT this feels a little like a smokescreen at this point.  Having said that, the best case scenario is that he can play either and that's why we went after Williams, and now we can draft for either position or even wait for later round value if a WR falls to us.