Niang at LT?

12 minutes ago, Adamixoye said:

Even though I was hoping Niang could play LT this feels a little like a smokescreen at this point.  Having said that, the best case scenario is that he can play either and that's why we went after Williams, and now we can draft for either position or even wait for later round value if a WR falls to us.

Williams?

Video of Niang from whomever he was working out with this offseason showed him taking drop backs from the left side.  First time he's been seen doing that.  Wonder if the staff has told him to be familiar with both or he heard the press conference and took it as a opportunity.   Either way he is a promising prospect.   Glad we drafted him last year or we would be in a worse spot this year.

8 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Williams?

Yeah, Trent Williams.  People were saying if Niang could play the left, why would we have ever gone after Williams?  But I'm saying maybe he can play both which gives us the flexibility to go after a good LT or a good RT, with Niang filling the other slot.

4 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Veach off season plan for LT:

1. Cut Fisher.

2. Pursue future HOF OT still playing at peak level.

3. Just wing it.

Seems legit...

IDK if this is fair, it's more like:

• Cut a player for needed cap space --- a player who, while a quality starter, might not be back in 2021, and possibly not ever the same again
  • Pursue the best option at the position in FA
  • When that fails, hope your developmental guy pans out and/or that a good draft option presents itself

I know everyone wants one of these "proven" veteran FA options but in most cases there's a reason they're still on the market.

32 minutes ago, robgar said:

Theres also trade for a young pro bowl left tackle, and let the guy you drafted to be a Right tackle play right tackle

Exactly. That's what Niang wants, and LT is what Brown wants and why we were able to get him. That and the Ravens having to pay LJ a big second contract. They know they already have a great LT in house. Everybody really got what they wanted, Ravens, Chiefs, Brown, and Niang. And Brown gets to stay with a champion.  Pretty smart trade for both sides.

The first order of business after the draft and after signing rookie contracts will be to structure an extension for Brown that is team friendly and runs until he is close to Fisher's age now, around 30.  Even Fisher will get well and sign with a team with one of the promising new QBs who need protection.

Brown is especially a winner, because he gets to go to a city with decent BBQ.

3 hours ago, Fmbl2187 said:

Exactly. That's what Niang wants, and LT is what Brown wants and why we were able to get him. That and the Ravens having to pay LJ a big second contract. They know they already have a great LT in house. Everybody really got what they wanted, Ravens, Chiefs, Brown, and Niang. And Brown gets to stay with a champion.  Pretty smart trade for both sides.

The first order of business after the draft and after signing rookie contracts will be to structure an extension for Brown that is team friendly and runs until he is close to Fisher's age now, around 30.  Even Fisher will get well and sign with a team with one of the promising new QBs who need protection.

Brown is especially a winner, because he gets to go to a city with decent BBQ.

Extend HB too

I've read on twitter and a few other places about Veach overspending on Brown and Thuney and even with Clark..yada yada.    I personally have no problem paying premium positions top dollars.    I think Veach has it all under control

Brown - 3m

Thuney - 4.5

Blythe - 1 m

LDT/Long - 6m

Niang / Remmers - 4 m

If we draft a center in the 2nd that has the potential to be a dominant Oline for under 20 million

Brown - 20 m

Thuney - 17.8

Landon/Creed/Quinn - 1 m  (Yes I'm speaking this into existence lol)

Wylie/Durant/Allegretti - 1m

Niang - 1 m 

Still a potentially dominatn Oline if Niang develops is worth 41 million.  Not really breaking the bank.

I think we are positioned well to navigate a few of our big contracts very well.    I think Veach has finished strong in FA this year and I think we are a Melvin Ingram/Justin Houston signing away from being well prepared to make a run a 3 straight SB's.  

2 hours ago, sith13 said:

Definitely, just curious about the reports if any came up.

I don't think Veach wanted another SB situation so he signed Remmers in the hopes that Niang would beat him out but in the event didn't he would have a viable avg RT.   This year he played well on the right side.  He wasn't great but he will have better guard play next to him if he has to start and if Remmers at RT is our weakest link we should be fine.   

I think Niang can beat him out and develop into a stud RT but time will tell.   Plus Remmers is super versatile, and 3 million is not what I would call a decent sum.  

4 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

I've read on twitter and a few other places about Veach overspending on Brown and Thuney and even with Clark..yada yada.    I personally have no problem paying premium positions top dollars.    I think Veach has it all under control

Brown - 3m

Thuney - 4.5

Blythe - 1 m

LDT/Long - 6m

Niang / Remmers - 4 m

If we draft a center in the 2nd that has the potential to be a dominant Oline for under 20 million

Brown - 20 m

Thuney - 17.8

Landon/Creed/Quinn - 1 m  (Yes I'm speaking this into existence lol)

Wylie/Durant/Allegretti - 1m

Niang - 1 m 

Still a potentially dominatn Oline if Niang develops is worth 41 million.  Not really breaking the bank.

I think we are positioned well to navigate a few of our big contracts very well.    I think Veach has finished strong in FA this year and I think we are a Melvin Ingram/Justin Houston signing away from being well prepared to make a run a 3 straight SB's.  

How dare you speak Wylies name, let alone type it before 2 others! Sacrilege!

1 hour ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

How dare you speak Wylies name, let alone type it before 2 others! Sacrilege!

Look it makes me sick to type it but Andy and Veach slobber over the guy every chance they get......I'm stuck between a rock and hard place here man!    

Look I'll give you my list of guys I would love to see cut this offseason

1.  Ben Niemann

2.  Andrew Wylie

3.  Ben Niemann

4.  Ben Niemann

5.  Andrew Wylie

55 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

Look it makes me sick to type it but Andy and Veach slobber over the guy every chance they get......I'm stuck between a rock and hard place here man!    

1.  Ben Niemann

2.  Andrew Wylie

3.  Ben Niemann

4.  Ben Niemann

5.  Andrew Wylie

Mines identical. 

11 hours ago, jetlord said:

Any chance that Remmers beats out Niang for the RT spot and Niang moves into the RG spot?

The initial goal for Niang was a rookie year at OG before moving outside. So he might be a decent option in the short term and may be the long term if they think he's better there. With a deep OT class there might be some nice options available on the 2nd day or later that could start in 2022. 

Watching our team build a dominant O-line in front of Mahomes with his weapons, including CEH, kind of makes me dumbstruck at the kind of offense we may see.  I just don't know how any team stops them, barring some injury to Mahomes.  Hell, aside from some uncharacteristic drops by HIll and Kelce, we could have easily won that last SB with Mahomes running for his life and still throwing accurately.  Imagine what he can do with a very strong O-line and a repaired turf toe.  At 73, I never thought I would live to see the Chiefs be the kind of team that now seems likely, not just possible.

16 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

1.  Ben Niemann

2.  Andrew Wylie

3.  Ben Niemann

4.  Ben Niemann

5.  Andrew Wylie

So in your dream scenario we would take Nick Niemann, his little brother, in the draft and have an all-Niemann nickel!