Panic mode

OK I'll admit I used the "panic" word to stir up some debate. Me I'm to the point now of being ambivalent about the Chiefs. I was on an emotional roller coaster for so long I just got tired. I'm pleased if they win and non-pulsed if they lose.

The good news for me my son-in-law along with myself and two grandsons have been giving some thought about traveling to Phoenix on Dec 7th to see the Cardinals game and play some golf. After yesterday we have scuttled that plan. Good deal as it will save me around $3000.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK I'll admit I used the "panic" word to stir up some debate. Me I'm to the point now of being ambivalent about the Chiefs. I was on an emotional roller coaster for so long I just got tired. I'm pleased if they win and non-pulsed if they lose.

The good news for me my son-in-law along with myself and two grandsons have been giving some thought about traveling to Phoenix on Dec 7th to see the Cardinals game and play some golf. After yesterday we have scuttled that plan. Good deal as it will save me around $3000.

I wish that I wasn't so emotionally invested.

I like to watch good football. I wish I could have experienced that last Sunday. Instead, I watched, and now I carp. However, outside of this forum, and an occasional tweet, I quickly refocused my attention to my new to me truck. 

Just teasing!

I know you were. After so many years it's real hard to take over and over. That to me, was the most epic fail of all time. No possible way to lose that game. I will have a hard time ever having faith until see them actually win a playoff game.

The 90's were truly brutal.....much worse than now.

We actually had visions of winning championships, only to be kicked in the nuts year after year after year....

w

Yeah the loss to the Bronco's after the 13-3 season was BRUTAL!!

Pretty much same feeling as the indy loss last year.

Numb!!

Actually, that is not true in my case and maybe others here?

I used to go all out for game day and I was emotionally vested in the games outcome.  For me, emotionally vested meant that a loss on Sunday would ruin my day and put a dark cloud over Monday, Tuesday and begin to lift on Wednesday.  Emotional vesting  means the Chiefs had a real say in regards to  my quality of life for a specific period of time.

Those days are  gone.....and the only way they have a chance of coming back is PLAYOFF WINS.  The Chiefs have to earn my trust and my heart.

The Indy Playoff game last year only re-inforced those  feelings.

It's probably just me.

w

I used to go all out for game day and I was emotionally vested in the games outcome.  For me, emotionally vested meant that a loss on Sunday would ruin my day and put a dark cloud over Monday, Tuesday and begin to lift on Wednesday.  Emotional vesting  means the Chiefs had a real say in regards to  my quality of life for a specific period of time.

Those days are  gone.....and the only way they have a chance of coming back is PLAYOFF WINS.  The Chiefs have to earn my trust and my heart.

It's probably just me.

w

It's not just you man. However, I do believe they are building a strong core of good youung players...with Cap friendly contracts. I think we will see several years of good football after this year..I'm not sure Andy Reid will be coaching them, but I think we will be fielding competitive teams..At least I hope. Once we cut Bowe, and get a young stud WR in here, things will get better offesively. Couple that with Kelce and hopefully a good young oline (in the future) we should be pretty.

But this year??? It's gonna be ugly.

It's probably just me.

w

It's just not you West. I quit being emotionally invested in ALL sports.  Made my life a lot simpler.

I used to go all out for game day and I was emotionally vested in the games outcome. For me, emotionally vested meant that a loss on Sunday would ruin my day and put a dark cloud over Monday, Tuesday and begin to lift on Wednesday. Emotional vesting means the Chiefs had a real say in regards to my quality of life for a specific period of time.

Those days are gone.....and the only way they have a chance of coming back is PLAYOFF WINS. The Chiefs have to earn my trust and my heart.

The Indy Playoff game last year only re-inforced those feelings.

It's probably just me.

w

I have what you had, but different symptoms. When we lose, I go through a stage of "I'm not really interested in football. I have other things I need to do." I avoid football like I avoid alcohol after a hangover - the smell or look of it is disgusting. Then, the next few days, the itch comes back. I'm Brett Favre.

The line is 13.5 for next game. I say we rally to keep it within 13. Who's with me?! (Right now 13.5 sounds like the over/under just for our points, let alone the spread.)

I have what you had, but different symptoms. When we lose, I go through a stage of "I'm not really interested in football. I have other things I need to do." I avoid football like I avoid alcohol after a hangover - the smell or look of it is disgusting. Then, the next few days, the itch comes back. I'm Brett Favre.

The line is 13.5 for next game. I say we rally to keep it within 13. Who's with me?! (Right now 13.5 sounds like the over/under just for our points, let alone the spread.)

I don't see kc covering.  The donkeys will have a field day against this suspect secondary, especially with a front 7 minus DJ.

Even in bad years I keep watching but from a different perspective.  Someone put it perfectly elsewhere.  I start considering it preseason for the next year.  I look more at individual players hoping to see improvement.  I pay closer attention to the draft.

Once in a while it gets to a point, if the team is really bad, I won't watch because it’s just not fun.  Two years ago I was so disgusted with the time wasted on Romeo Crennel.  Time I knew was going to be wasted from the get-go.  I tuned out.  I had tickets to the finale in DEN and sold them cause I just couldn’t bear it.  I didn’t even watch the game.  I was glad because they got blown out.  A few extra presents under the tree.

This year, I never bought DEN tickets because I feared a blowout might be coming.  Take DEN -13.5.  I can see DEN laying 50-60 points easy. 

I used to go all out for game day and I was emotionally vested in the games outcome. For me, emotionally vested meant that a loss on Sunday would ruin my day and put a dark cloud over Monday, Tuesday and begin to lift on Wednesday. Emotional vesting means the Chiefs had a real say in regards to my quality of life for a specific period of time.

Those days are gone.....and the only way they have a chance of coming back is PLAYOFF WINS. The Chiefs have to earn my trust and my heart.

The Indy Playoff game last year only re-inforced those feelings.

It's probably just me.

w

Exactly.

Even in bad years I keep watching but from a different perspective. Someone put it perfectly elsewhere. I start considering it preseason for the next year. I look more at individual players hoping to see improvement. I pay closer attention to the draft.

Once in a while it gets to a point, if the team is really bad, I won't watch because it’s just not fun. Two years ago I was so disgusted with the time wasted on Romeo Crennel. Time I knew was going to be wasted from the get-go. I tuned out. I had tickets to the finale in DEN and sold them cause I just couldn’t bear it. I didn’t even watch the game. I was glad because they got blown out. A few extra presents under the tree.

This year, I never bought DEN tickets because I feared a blowout might be coming. Take DEN -13.5. I can see DEN laying 50-60 points easy.

I wouldn't ever bet money on it but the very fact I don't expect it, makes me think I could see a garbage time touchdown to go from 20 to 13 down. Inspired.

If I were Clark Hunt I'd be wondering why we are cursed. Hiring who on paper seem to be just what the DR ordered and  within just a couple of years see thast I have thrown my $$ down the toilet yet another year.

If I were Clark I might be in real concern mode on John Dorsey. His Packer & KC ties made for a great story and the first year  really set the hook in many including myself but like a wise old bass that has seen these artificial lures before I jump out of the water ,shake my head and the lure flies hopelessly away.

Archived