Players to avoid

dhitter

Jason Oweh is the only one that jumps out. There's positions I hope we avoid early, but player wise he is the only one. 

Not because he isn't any good, but we are in a place where if we are going to get Clark off the books soon we need to land a stud DE this draft. 

And while I love Veach he has moved up and over drafted some raw players like Speaks and Hardman. We still don't know what we have in Gay Jr. If we go DE round 1 or 2 it needs to be a more "polished" guy. Payton Turner has 18 sacks the last 2 yrs. Him in rd 2 would make me feel better than Oweh in rd 1. 

Then we can take a flyer on another edge guy later in the draft who is all potential and less productivity.

2 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Jason Oweh is the only one that jumps out. There's positions I hope we avoid early, but player wise he is the only one. 

Not because he isn't any good, but we are in a place where if we are going to get Clark off the books soon we need to land a stud DE this draft. 

And while I love Veach he has moved up and over drafted some raw players like Speaks and Hardman. We still don't know what we have in Gay Jr. If we go DE round 1 or 2 it needs to be a more "polished" guy. Payton Turner has 18 sacks the last 2 yrs. Him in rd 2 would make me feel better than Oweh in rd 1. 

Then we can take a flyer on another edge guy later in the draft who is all potential and less productivity.

Oweh certainly is not for the feint of heart lol.

But man if he puts it together he will be a terror.  Hard to find guys with his skillset and athletic profile outside the top 10.

But yes, high ceiling low floor guy.

Don't have any players that the Chiefs should absolutely avoid, but there are a few that could require extra inspection before taking them.

Owah is one and the Chiefs need to find the reason he had so much speed and talent and no sacks.  Maybe an easy fix or maybe an underlying issue.

Dickerson because of the injury history.  He would be a beast if healthy but high health risks

Little has too much time on the sidelines and after 18 months time to get ready for his pro day was not impressive.  Why?

Phillips may have his issues behind him or maybe not.

Any WR that because of size is a slot only guy.  The Sammy replacement should be able to get off the line and compete for the ball.