Fan Questions Mitchell Schwartz Commitment to getting Healthy

Mitchell Schwartz smacks down Chiefs fan who questioned his commitment on Twitter

April 21, 2021 12:31 PM,
Updated April 21, 2021 01:18 PM
  •  
  •  
  •  
Duration 4:53

Chiefs' tackle Mitchell Schwartz talks about the Raiders' defense

Kansas City Chiefs' tackle Mitchell Schwartz talks about the Raiders' defense and the team's 40-32 loss Sunday, October 11, 2020 in Kansas City, Missouri. By Kansas City Chiefs

Former Chiefs tackle Mitchell Schwartz’s Twitter feed is a mix of football and food, as cooking is a passion of his.

Schwartz also has shared some messages about his recovery from back surgery in February. Chiefs coach Andy Reid this week left the door open for Schwartz to return to the team, but for now Schwartz is focused on his rehabilitation.

Many Chiefs fans have had fun interactions with Schwartz on Twitter, whether it’s about grilling or sports.

TOP ARTICLES

But Schwartz smacked down one Chiefs fan this week who suggested he cared more about barbecuing that football.

“What else would you like me to do? Rehab 9 days a week? Start playing football less than 2 months after back surgery?” Mitchell asked.

Sports Pass is your ticket to Kansas City sports

Get in-depth, sideline coverage of Kansas City area sports - only $1 a month

VIEW OFFER

Here is the exchange:

09FwxX6G_normal.jpg

I rehab every day of the week trying to get healthy from the back surgery I required due to playing football. I mostly cook my own meals in the mean time. What else would you like me to do? Rehab 9 days a week? Start playing football less than 2 months after back surgery?

vRIskaK3_mini.jpg

Big Chief

@BigBean84
Replying to @MitchSchwartz71 and @KANknives
Guy cares more about bbq than football nowadays.

2Eq4oUZT_normal.jpg

They will never understand. All love this way brother! One of best I’ve been around!

Schwartz also had some fun exchanges with people who supported him after the response to the fan.

Replying to @MitchSchwartz71
You meet the best people on this website.

09FwxX6G_normal.jpg

Indeed. It’s usually a tipping point too you just get enough of those types of things and figure F it. Yes, I can both fully accomplish rehab and then come home and make sausage and peppers and homemade garlic bread for lunch. And now do contrast on my back and respond to idiots!

Wow, that’s so true. You blew my mind, I never considered that. @proatc can we start doing this? 10 min in and out and get you right back in!

IMG_0332_2_mini.JPG

Atypical Doc

@wineinger
If you really cared about football, you would have had surgery in the pop up sideline tent while the defense was on the field

Caring more about bbq than football is actually the right way to live life.

09FwxX6G_normal.jpg

And…surprisingly healthier??

All the successful people in the world wake up before 3am (and wait to drink coffee until 8:30) and night owls get so much work done so if I sleep from 1-3am that seems optimal
vNozrkF4_mini.jpg

Sam Monson

@PFF_Sam
I mean... do you really need to sleep? That's 1/3 of your day you're wasting right there.

true

Chiefs tackle Mitchell Schwartz is one of the best in the business at protecting quarterbacks from getting splattered by opposing pass-rushers. KC Star file photo

The guy isn’t a late career Eric Berry, watching from the sidelines and going in only to do nothing a few times a year. He was solid and obviously his back became highly problematic. Seems like a dude ready to retire. He got money and a ring, why stay fat and block with a bad back that could hurt his future quality of life.