We got Orlando Brown

Kansas City is trading its first-round pick Thursday night, along with three other picks in the 2021 and 2022 drafts, to the Baltimore Ravens in exchange for Pro Bowl OT Orlando Brown and one pick in the 2021 draft and another in 2022, per sources.

i?img=%2Fi%2Fcolumnists%2Ffull%2Fschefter_adam.png&w=80&h=80&scale=crop
Adam Schefter, ESPN Senior Writer

1 minute ago, Adamixoye said:

I was prepared to be a lot more mad about this before learning about getting that 2nd back

Thats what I was like when I saw it but then looked closer and saw we got that 2nd haha.  We really only paid a 2nd round value for him.

1 minute ago, SEMO said:

So we still have:

2(53)

2(63)

4(144)

5(175)

5(181)

6(207)

Veach did mention that the best spot in this years draft was mid 2nd to early 3rd round.  Now he probably had the trade already worked out soooo haha but if he really does feel like that then he got even better value

19 minutes ago, Adamixoye said:

I was prepared to be a lot more mad about this before learning about getting that 2nd back

Me too.  I don't like trading away our first round pick, but that 2nd rounder really changes the game.  We essentially got Brown and a 2nd for a 3rd and moving down 27 spots into the second round.  I think the contract year knocked his value down.  If they can get a decent contract worked out moving forward, I'm good with this deal. 

From NFL.com

Eyeing a future at left tackle -- and getting paid as one -- Brown requested a trade from Baltimore this offseason, Rapoport reported in February. With Stanley set to come back, Brown didn't want to return to the right side.

Veach made another major move acquiring Brown. They'll get a motivated player to boot. Garafolo reported that the plan for now is for Brown to play out the final year of his deal with the Chiefs. There is no extension as part of the deal, per a source informed of the situation.

The lack of an extension explains why the cost was two pick swaps, and a third and fourth-rounder. Still, it would be a surprise if K.C. didn't work to lock up Brown long-term at some point down the road. If not, Brown would likely be a franchise-tag option.

21 minutes ago, dhitter said:

Surprised the Ravens traded Brown to the Chiefs...a team they need to leapfrog to be top dog in the AFC. With Brown, Thuney, Creed Humphrey ( I hope), LDT/Long and Niang as our starting 5...that looks pretty solid.

Could have kept him for a year but how motivated would he have been at RT in his final year? Then only get a 3rd Comp Pick?

DeCosta fleeced Veach. Now you have to pay him also.

3 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

Could have kept him for a year but how motivated would he have been at RT in his final year? Then only get a 3rd Comp Pick?

DeCosta fleeced Veach. Now you have to pay him also.

I agree 100%. Trading for guys and having to pay them too is a Frank Clark move once again. Veach puts KC in this position with average or below average drafting. If Kc did not have Mahomes this is an average roster and a very average team.