We got Orlando Brown

1 hour ago, AFCWEST said:

I agree 100%. Trading for guys and having to pay them too is a Frank Clark move once again. Veach puts KC in this position with average or below average drafting. If Kc did not have Mahomes this is an average roster and a very average team.

They'd still be above average without Mahomes.  More like the Smith years with nine or ten wins and a wild card playoff win once in a while.  With a reasonable extension, this trade is okay.  Without it, it's could be another Clark deal....one SB and then a struggle to fill the holes again.  The cap had better skyrocket.  

Dude is a monster. 6'8 345lbs with 35 inch arms. He was not super athletic coming out of college, but a pro bowler last 2 years.  

I like the trade. I am surprise Baltimore traded with us.  I think potentially we could have been fine drafting a guy , but really not many guys with the length he has. Those that do are 2-3 year projects. In year one this guy will be much better than anyone we would have drafted.  I do not think any of the tackles in this draft will be better,  considering that I think this was a smart move. 

Chiefs potentially were looking to trade back into the second round. I think we may find better value with 2 second round picks than we would have staying put.

I look at it this way. This trade is the equivalent of moving up in the top 15 to take a tackle and getting a 2nd back and only spending a 3rd and 4th. It will cost us some dough, but I think this move is worth it. I believe we should now be overwhelming favorites to win the Super Bowl this year.  Baltimore was stupid to make this trade to the Chiefs. They are going to regret it.

Actually this guy will prlly get a veach special.. contract

Like hills, mahomes, kelce, etc.. 

good for player good for team long term. 

i.e. instead of frontloading the money..

space it out in roster bonus money 

so it can be moved around at will if need be. 

Somehow, I feel kinda the same I did, when we made a trade with new orleans. 

1 hour ago, Calichief said:

Madness. You gonna say that when they when the Super Bowl again? They were an oline away. We just revamped the whole thing. It’s about winning titles. The window is now. Smdh...

Sure If KC wins the SB its perfect. Its a one year win like Clark. I have no problem hoping this is the best trade ever and being wrong. Veach needs to do a better job with the top tier picks to avoid these types of deals being needed year after year. Most do not work out.

1 hour ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Quit waffling. You posted video 3 days ago here and gave us a scouting report that his own agent couldn't have made any more glowing.  Now he's just so-so? This is why you get bashed here. I've never seen any reason too until now. But this is ridiculous.

See below. Your own words 3 days ago. 

6'8" 345lbs. He is very fluid, not choppy. Uses his hands well but doesn't overextend. Footwork is great; switching sides halfway thru the season shows you how good he is.

In the run game he is a mauler. Pass Pro, he just smothers pass rushers. Watch his footwork.

Maybe you should re read my post. There are others (people here and national writers) who think he was successful because of the run forst offense. I did not say that- others did

Personally, I think he was worth more

1 hour ago, Balto said:

Instead Veach got him for a mid 2nd rounder and IF he can't resign him VEACH, you cant have it both ways saying ravens would of got a comp pick..well so will KC, gets that 3rd round comp pick...Thus getting a pro bowl LT for a 1 year SUPER BOWL run rental at the cost of giving up a 2nd for a 3rd.  hahaha I think Veach bent DeCosta over and forgot the lube 

Read much? Ravens would have gotten the comp pick if they played him at RT this year and let him walk.

3 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

Maybe you should re read my post. There are others (people here and national writers) who think he was successful because of the run forst offense. I did not say that- others did

I don’t know much about him, other than what was said on here, but it’s good to read this coming from a Ravens fan. Yours was the first opinion I wanted to read.

1 minute ago, Handswarmer said:

When you have to pay him, it will. KC won't be an offensive juggernaut forever.

You mean when Ravens have to give Jackson $40+ million a year HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA  

1 hour ago, Balto said:

Actually the NEW "Rich Hill's" that includes the ability to trade comp picks comes out to a 159.28 value for Brown.  That is equal to #38...So still a 2nd round pick 

Got a link for that?  Here's the tweet I'm referencing, doesn't specify the value chart used:

7 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

Wait then how did Veach get Fleeced?

2 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

Wow!  We did it!    We got the 58 and 63rd overall this year as well.   Not bad.   Give up our first, third and fourth and next years fifth

for Orlando Brown and 58 in 2021.   I think that was a good deal for both sides.

58 and 63 still give us a chance to grab 2 out of 3 in OC, WR, or DE in the 2nd.  

I feel a lot better about this year now.  

Brown, Thuney, Draft, Long, Niang

I like that Oline A LOT!!!!!!

Don't forget Allegretti could be the center too. He showed good promise this year and they had an eye for center when he was drafted. 

1 hour ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Quit waffling. You posted video 3 days ago here and gave us a scouting report that his own agent couldn't have made any more glowing.  Now he's just so-so? This is why you get bashed here. I've never seen any reason too until now. But this is ridiculous.

See below. Your own words 3 days ago. 

6'8" 345lbs. He is very fluid, not choppy. Uses his hands well but doesn't overextend. Footwork is great; switching sides halfway thru the season shows you how good he is.

In the run game he is a mauler. Pass Pro, he just smothers pass rushers. Watch his footwork.

This is what I was writing about.

Mailbag: Albert Breer SI.com

From kcchiefsjunky (@kcchiefsjunky): What type of return are the Ravens looking for in an Orlando Brown Jr. trade?

Let me start here, Junky: I’m not sure how motivated the Ravens are to move Orlando Brown. The background here is that Brown was a three-year starter at left tackle at Oklahoma but widely seen, going into the 2018 draft, as a right tackle prospect, given who he is athletically, a 355-pound road-grader. And that’s where he wound up landing as he became a starter in Baltimore early in his rookie year.

Then last year, Ronnie Stanley, who may be the best left tackle in football, went down. That necessitated Brown flipping back over to what he believes is his natural position.

And here we are now, a couple of months after Brown’s camp first got the word out there that he wanted to play left tackle full-time, which simply isn’t in the cards in Baltimore, with Stanley coming back from injury. Some of Brown’s reasons are obvious (he’s now eligible for a new contract, and left tackles get paid more); some are less obvious (he’s actually left-handed, which plays into his comfort level on that side).

So the question is how another team would have to view Brown to trade for him, and really there are three conditions there: It would have to be cool with playing him at left tackle; it would have to be willing to give him a market deal or expose itself to losing him in free agency a year after trading for him; and it would have to trade a pick for him on top of that. Which is a lot to sort through, especially with a draft class that’s strong at tackle.

Then, there’s the Ravens’ side of this. If he were to play out this season and get paid in free agency next year, they could get a third-round comp pick while having a full year to find his replacement. Which means, on paper, you’d probably have to do better than a third-rounder. Who’s willing to give up a one or two for him? And pay him? And play him at a position he doesn’t have a ton of NFL history at, with the underlying concerns about his athletic capacity to handle it?

The truth on Brown is there are teams, and I talked to a couple on Tuesday, that believe Brown is already in the perfect scheme for his skill set and might not be quite the same guy elsewhere, and that’s before you even get to the move from right to left tackle.

All of this should explain why a trade hasn’t happened yet. The best chance one will, I’d say, might come after the first round of the draft if a team or two that struck out on finding a tackle on that first night and gets desperate. And by the way, none of this is to say Brown’s not a good player. He is a good player. The situation is just complicated.

Well two second a 3rd and 4th. I think the cap going up next year plus we still have cap space now to roll over, we will get him signed ling term. So we get a known LT at 24 years old now instead of drafting one. Where do we go now? LB, DE, DT if Reed walks next year, CB, TE and WR. Going BPA for our picks will be nice too.

Sorry, no 3rd. Was thinking we had a comp pick this year.