We got Orlando Brown

25 minutes ago, robgar said:

what held up the trade with roaf was getting him signed, he came with a long term deal.

Off topic, but he is still the most amazing person I've ever seen.  Watching him walk, you'd think he was 90 years old, but come gameday he was a beast.  

35 minutes ago, moons314 said:

Off topic, but he is still the most amazing person I've ever seen.  Watching him walk, you'd think he was 90 years old, but come gameday he was a beast.  

Heck, between plays he looked like he could hardly make it back to the huddle. Then he’d bury the guy across from him. In his prime, he was best lineman I’ve ever seen. He demolished everyone. If I was a DE against him I would have faked an injury.

I admit I wasn’t sold on the idea of Brown. Mostly because I thought Baltimore would eat our lunch in any potential deal. Turns out Veach did his magic and got him for a reasonable price...at least for now. I hope that Niang wins the RT spot and balls out. We would then at least have some leverage in a Brown extension (move Niang to LT or even resign Fisher).

2 hours ago, Dan4pres said:

Heck, between plays he looked like he could hardly make it back to the huddle. Then he’d bury the guy across from him. In his prime, he was best lineman I’ve ever seen. He demolished everyone. If I was a DE against him I would have faked an injury.

I admit I wasn’t sold on the idea of Brown. Mostly because I thought Baltimore would eat our lunch in any potential deal. Turns out Veach did his magic and got him for a reasonable price...at least for now. I hope that Niang wins the RT spot and balls out. We would then at least have some leverage in a Brown extension (move Niang to LT or even resign Fisher).

We have the tage that we could use twice.

On 4/23/2021 at 10:00 PM, Handswarmer said:

Could have kept him for a year but how motivated would he have been at RT in his final year? Then only get a 3rd Comp Pick?

DeCosta fleeced Veach. Now you have to pay him also.

Looking from the Ravens side, they had a player that may have been willing to sit out, if he did not play Left Tackle and definitely was not going to resign with them. They got good value for him,  but they made a mistake by allowing the Chiefs to get their hands on a quality starting LT.  The Ravens only come out of this well if they hit on all the picks they received. If KC wins the Super Bowl this year and beat the Ravens on the way there, this is a huge loss for the Ravens no matter how well they drafted. This trade is more about value in trade charts. The Chiefs glaring weakness was removed. Good luck beating them now.

9 hours ago, moons314 said:

I remember the game against Atlanta when the Chiefs set the record for rushing TDs in a game.

He was leading Priest in a sweep, a few steps ahead. The only guy in the way was some hapless DB. When he saw he was going to have to contend with Big Willie, the DB FELL DOWN. That's right, he hit the dirt. He didn't slip, he just simple fell down and let them pass by.

I taped the game and used to watch that over and over and it never failed to crack me up. That guy wanted nothing to do Roaf. 

Hats off to veach. He did the Samething when our defense failed. He blew it up and rebuilt it. He now did that to the o line. 
I just love the fact that we have a GM that will fix what is broken. He will attack it. 
Some people may not agree to what he gives up or contracts but at the end of the day we have a GM that is willing to fix the deficiency. 
I love this signing. 
can’t wait to see the chiefs run the ball down people’s throats! 

13 hours ago, Palangi said:

It's definitely a matter of opinion.  But LDT never could learn to see or pick up a stunt. 

LDT has been out a year, has another profession waiting for him, and was never that good.  Wylie is young and still rising, something that takes several years for an O-lineman. I'd give Wylie this one more season to show that he is a solid piece of the o-line puzzle.  I know others disagree with that, but I feel pretty good about Wylie as a depth guy who can start for an injured player for stretches of multiple games without significant drop-off.

2 hours ago, Burpo The Mad Clown said:

I remember the game against Atlanta when the Chiefs set the record for rushing TDs in a game.

He was leading Priest in a sweep, a few steps ahead. The only guy in the way was some hapless DB. When he saw he was going to have to contend with Big Willie, the DB FELL DOWN. That's right, he hit the dirt. He didn't slip, he just simple fell down and let them pass by.

I taped the game and used to watch that over and over and it never failed to crack me up. That guy wanted nothing to do Roaf. 

I actually remember that.  Not certain he fell down on purpose, but it makes a good story.  Roaf was something else.

6 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

I actually remember that.  Not certain he fell down on purpose, but it makes a good story.  Roaf was something else.

I watched it dozens of times and am convinced he fell on purpose.
It sure looked like it.

The camera angle was from behind the DB, so you can’t see his facial expression but one second he was playing football and the next he was on the ground and no one was near him; just Big Willie squaring up to make a block on the run. 
I still have that game on vhs, but my vhs player has long since passed on, otherwise I’d break it out and watch it again for a good laugh. 

14 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

LDT has been out a year, has another profession waiting for him, and was never that good.  Wylie is young and still rising, something that takes several years for an O-lineman. I'd give Wylie this one more season to show that he is a solid piece of the o-line puzzle.  I know others disagree with that, but I feel pretty good about Wylie as a depth guy who can start for an injured player for stretches of multiple games without significant drop-off.

Aboslutely.  I kid about wanting Wylie but I really don't have an issue with him being depth, but I have doubts about his ability to all of a sudden flip the switch.  He's gotten plenty of action in two full seasons and he looks the same and gets beat the same as he did when he first started playing.   He is LDT 2.0.   The coaches fell in love with the guy then overpaid him and he never played better than an avg player.   

13 hours ago, liquidfriend said:

lmao he gave up 9 pressures alone in the Super Bowl

probably the worst single game performance I have seen since Jordan Interstate Black

How do you think LDT would do at RT? Let's be fair with this comparison. 

Wylie was dog shit in the Super Bowl.  I agree.  

But Wylie has always played guard for us.  Like LDT. And both are terrible there too. Wylie was extra terrible at RT in the Super Bowl.  And my guess is that LDT wouldn't be any better. 

16 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

Aboslutely.  I kid about wanting Wylie but I really don't have an issue with him being depth, but I have doubts about his ability to all of a sudden flip the switch.  He's gotten plenty of action in two full seasons and he looks the same and gets beat the same as he did when he first started playing.   He is LDT 2.0.   The coaches fell in love with the guy then overpaid him and he never played better than an avg player.   

I don't think he is needed for depth though.  

Rankin and Durant to me are better options.  And if Allegretti doesn't win the center spot he is depth too.

No room for Wylie

2 hours ago, Palangi said:

I don't think he is needed for depth though.  

Rankin and Durant to me are better options.  And if Allegretti doesn't win the center spot he is depth too.

No room for Wylie

Wylie is likely a matter of continuity. Not sure if there will be a bloated roster like 2020 but regardless I expect the staff to keep as many linemen as possible throughout the camp and knowing the system probably gives him some edge over others. Basically the "devil you know" for a year before some youngster is ready to take over his spot, if not sooner. 

2 hours ago, Palangi said:

But Wylie has always played guard for us.  Like LDT. And both are terrible there too. Wylie was extra terrible at RT in the Super Bowl.  And my guess is that LDT wouldn't be any better. 

He was a total turnstile at Guard too.  It's not really a ringing endorsement for LDT, but he was a much better Guard than Wylie when healthy.

The problem was he was never healthy.  With a whole year off though the Chiefs might get 6 good weeks out of him before he's injured again and they can put Long in his place.

Wylie should never see the field.

3 hours ago, Palangi said:

It's nice in these difficult times to know that at least someone is able to keep a positive attitude.

1 hour ago, liquidfriend said:

He was a total turnstile at Guard too.  It's not really a ringing endorsement for LDT, but he was a much better Guard than Wylie when healthy.

The problem was he was never healthy.  With a whole year off though the Chiefs might get 6 good weeks out of him before he's injured again and they can put Long in his place.

Wylie should never see the field.

Meh..LDT looks like a little leaguer when ever someone runs a stunt on him.  Both are terrible and neither is good enough

6 minutes ago, KC Warpaint said:

It took a few days, but now the haters are coming out saying the chiefs are basically saying that there is no way they can afford Brown long term and he will be a one year rental. Guess they have not been paying attention to veach the last year or two

I dont listen to that BS. Its as bad as politics. 

3 hours ago, KC Warpaint said:

It took a few days, but now the haters are coming out saying the chiefs that there is no way they can afford Brown long term and he will be a one year rental. Guess they have not been paying attention to veach the last year or two

Well, in their defense they forgot Veach was a mother fucking Sorcerer, but that was probably due to the annesia spell he put on them.

On 4/25/2021 at 1:22 PM, sith13 said:

Wylie is likely a matter of continuity. Not sure if there will be a bloated roster like 2020 but regardless I expect the staff to keep as many linemen as possible throughout the camp and knowing the system probably gives him some edge over others. Basically the "devil you know" for a year before some youngster is ready to take over his spot, if not sooner. 

Continuity with who?  The entire starting oline from last year is gone, minus Remmers, who was just a spot starter.