We got Orlando Brown

5 minutes ago, Adamixoye said:

No, it's just saying they found a chart that they could both be happy and went with that.  It doesn't mean that each team might not have had an internal chart that was different.

OK haha just saying it literally states they both agreed on 43-45 value LOL 

Even says Ravens were ok giving up value because they thought a player on the board at #31 could actually be ranked in the 20's on their board thus in their mind making them feel better about it all.

Just now, Balto said:

Yes I read that.

I'm not convinced the teams are telling each other everything about their thinking, much less Peter King.  But it's a nice story I guess.

1 minute ago, Adamixoye said:

Yes I read that.

I'm not convinced the teams are telling each other everything about their thinking, much less Peter King.  But it's a nice story I guess.

Peter King is one of the few guys I actually believe when he writes an article but yes either could be lying to him for some reason or another. 

1 hour ago, reesebobby said:

In all seriousness, I have wondered about it.  Part of Mahomes game seems to be creating chaos and taking advantage of it.  He puts a lot of pressure on defenses outside of the pocket. 

Great point. I'm sure he'll still break out and create. But just think if he has time to drop back, survey, let routes develop, plant his feet and fire. Either way, he's Mahomes. I guess the best part is they'll protect and keep him upright.

7 minutes ago, azchief21 said:

Great point. I'm sure he'll still break out and create. But just think if he has time to drop back, survey, let routes develop, plant his feet and fire. Either way, he's Mahomes. I guess the best part is they'll protect and keep him upright.

Exactly, and you can only cover for so long and if nothing is open he's got a line that can run and block for him. Medium to deep pass or 15 yard run by Pat. Gonna be a blast if everyone stays healthy.

The benefit of having a better line is not that Mahomes will need to or want to become this typical pocket passer like Brady. The benefit will come from allowing him to throw down the field to Hill, Hardeman, etc. without rolling out every single pass play. Much of what makes the Chiefs so deadly is that they can complete a 30-40 yard laser at any time, but even those plays require some protection from the line. Mahomes will move around for the foreseeable future. That’s what makes him great. What makes him unstoppable is being able to make those throws on the run AND in the pocket. Maybe in ten years, he won’t be running around as much but don’t sell him short. Elway and Favre pretty much played that way their entire career.

1 hour ago, Balto said:

Even says Ravens were ok giving up value because they thought a player on the board at #31 could actually be ranked in the 20's on their board thus in their mind making them feel better about it all.

To me. None of this ranking, slotting and formulas are worth a S**T. Its simple,  How many more games does the team win. Its about wins. Balt could draft the greatest player in NFL history with #31. Still comes down to wins. No doubt KC will win more games with Brown than without. The rest is just useless chatter. 

39 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

To me. None of this ranking, slotting and formulas are worth a S**T. Its simple,  How many more games does the team win. Its about wins. Balt could draft the greatest player in NFL history with #31. Still comes down to wins. No doubt KC will win more games with Brown than without. The rest is just useless chatter. 

lol you're on a message board brah.  Literally it's sole purpose is useless chatter.  Also you can say shit here

1 hour ago, xen said:

lol you're on a message board brah.  Literally it's sole purpose is useless chatter.  Also you can say shit here

Im not talking about the board members. Im referring to the talking heads and their BS analysis. Its my opinion not a negative toward others. I look at it this way. Does it help KC win more games? Answer YES.

2 hours ago, Balto said:

So YES we got Brown for what BOTH teams think is mid 2nd value.  Love Veach

It's funny how they rank these players and their presumed value and assign numbers to them.  I can tell you what is NOT presumed, what we know for a fact.  The entire total of sacks allowed by Thuney and Brown COMBINED  over the last two years  is FIVE.  The combined number holding penalties is TWO.  Aside from  anything else, we know Brown is a pro-bowler for two years in a row, is 24 years old, and is 6'8" and 350 lb. He is a gigantic pro-bowl level tackle who does not make mistakes and is at the very beginning of his career.  Same age as Mahomes.  So, we have gotten a high first round-equivalent talent,who is huge and also trained up and proven. All of the rest of them could turn out to be complete busts for all anyone knows.

29 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

Im not talking about the board members. Im referring to the talking heads and their BS analysis. Its my opinion not a negative toward others. My point is I look at it does it help KC win more games. Answer YES.

1 hour ago, AFCWEST said:

Im not talking about the board members. Im referring to the talking heads and their BS analysis. Its my opinion not a negative toward others. I look at it this way. Does it help KC win more games? Answer YES.

All good, I was being salty.  Of course we all know you can't judge any trade up front, but it's still fun to try.

On 4/27/2021 at 8:41 AM, sith13 said:

I doubt Villanueva will go for a vet minimum deal. His value will go down each year so something like a 3-year deal would likely be his goal after the draft. Most rookies are considered day one starters at RT so makes a lot more sense to grab one and don't worry about the position for 4-5 years. Not sure how legit but read that Ravens could be packaging the picks to move up for a QB and let Jackson leave in FA once the time comes.

Bucky Brooks needs to be drug tested

16 hours ago, Balto said:

So you can't see the value of getting a player ranked in the 20's at a lower draft slot?

I guess you never buy anything on sale.

17 hours ago, Balto said:

The Ravens got the low one plus three lesser picks from Kansas City for a player they’d likely keep just one more year, and KC got the low two plus a left tackle (they hope) of the future.

So they Ravens got a 1st and 3 other picks for:

a: a player who would not be here next year

b: maybe would have resulted in a 3rd round compensatory pick

c- a player they drafted in the latter portion of the 3rd round when everyone else passed on him because of the Combine workout

d- would have/ could have been disgruntled all during the 2020 season.