We got Orlando Brown

6 minutes ago, Adamixoye said:

But you literally did not get him for what you said they got him for.  In the simplest terms before assessing their value they netted two picks, not four.

If you count what we spent, a 3rd (83) plus his 3 years of exemplary play, then it makes sense.

The way I look at this, we could have used out 1st, 3rd and 4th on OTs and got nothing. Instead we got a Pro Bowl OT and a 2nd. That is a clear win. We were a team with a critical (maybe even fatal) hole. The Ravens wrapped up the Lamar Hunt Trophy in bubble wrap and sent it to us. You are the most hated team in the AFC right now. But thank you for your service. I hope the picks work out for you. 

Just now, Handswarmer said:

If you count what we spent, a 3rd (83) plus his 3 years of exemplary play, then it makes sense.

You also gave up a 2022 pick and LOL at including past play for trade value.

Also LOL at "his play was exemplary but he will be worse for you guys."

2 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

PFF hates the trade for us.  Mike Renner put out a video saying we were in cap hell with 8 guys over 14 mill a year when in reality we have 3 this year and then 6 counting Brown next year.   They said we won't be able to field a team in 4 years because of our cap situation yet everyone of those contracts can be gotten out of except Thuny and Mahomes in two years.   These guys are a joke.   

I think both teams got what they wanted.  That in my book is a win for both teams.  However,  If your team values draft capital they only got a early to mid second for Brown and they helped out their biggest competition in the Chiefs by filling a major hole for a early/mid second round pick.    So while your team is happy with it got for Brown it made our team vastly better now and in the future.    Those picks may or may not pan out.    Again I dont think it was some landslide win for either team but if we go back to the SB this year because our oline is vastly improved then your team lost regardless of who they drafted.   Soon the Ravens will have to pay their QB a ridiculous amount of money or admit as talented as he is that he can't get the job done.  Either way your team losses in that situation.

We will see if the cap situation clears up for KC- Zeus jr is going to want big money (even though he said it wasn't- when they say that it IS about the money)

The Ravens have 14 starters that were draft picks- how many does the Chiefs have? I would be curious to look it up but I am late for golf.

6 minutes ago, Adamixoye said:

Wouldn't his exemplary past play make the value the Ravens got even less?  Or at least cancel each other out. haha

2 minutes ago, Adamixoye said:

I never said that. I have only quoted what the national guys have said. I think we need to wait and see because it does make sense what Tucker is saying. But I think Zeus Jr can handle it.

15 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

We will see if the cap situation clears up for KC- Zeus jr is going to want big money (even though he said it wasn't- when they say that it IS about the money)

The Ravens have 14 starters that were draft picks- how many does the Chiefs have? I would be curious to look it up but I am late for golf.

Well , you are clear that the Ravens are the most perfect drafting team , best 14 starters drafted, best perfect front office, #1 Best GM EVER , Best Perfect Free Agents Signings, Best Head Coach EVER and THE BEST LOGO Management.

Yet: Chiefs 3-0 vs Jackson. So there is that. Maybe its Jackson? Having Brown, yes Chiefs over payed, will help KC win a few more games. Does the trade help Balt beat KC? We shall see.

1 minute ago, Handswarmer said:

I never said that. I have only quoted what the national guys have said. I think we need to wait and see because it does make sense what Tucker is saying. But I think Zeus Jr can handle it.

There's no doubt Andy will have to change the scheme somewhat to accommodate what he does best.  People bagged on Fish but there's no doubt he was very effective blocking in space, much more so than Brown.  Fish's issues were well known, not much push and got regularly stomped on bull rushes, which Brown seems to handle with ease.  

Personally I don't think it will be a problem.  Andy has been great at letting guys win however they are good at winning and he'll adjust.  

Where Brown will have to adjust is with the deep vertical sets.  I watched a few games this weekend and didn't see much of that at all.  I don't think it will be a problem but Brown seems to really like to get on guys quickly and he is terrific at winning while being the aggressor.  

Deep vert sets will require him to get to a spot before the defender and then set.  Just a different style.  Seems like a smart dude so I'm sure he'll figure it out.

BTW, seems like we should call him Ares.  You know, since he's the son of Zeus and all.

7 minutes ago, KC Warpaint said:

pro football out of focus??  Really, figured you would at least quote Jason LaCanfora because we all know he hates everything about the chiefs

Another blunder by the Chiefs who just continue this downward spiral where they keep ending up in the Superbowl. Just awful. 

I am really glad we didn't get Trent Williams.  I know he is the best, but 33 is 33.  Mitch was one of the best and then out of football in the blink of an eye at 32.  Fish was very good and in the blink of an eye out of football at 30. Not saying they can't come back, but going from one of the best to not on a team can happen at 33 very easily. Plus Trent is declining and Orlando is ascending.

49ers were at $138 million for 6-years. If we out bid that, I would be a very nervous fan.   24 > 33

5 hours ago, Handswarmer said:

I believe it was 13 last years starters. This year we have Sneed, Fenton, Jones, Nieman, Thornhill, mahomes, kelce, LDT, Niang, Kelce, Hill, Robinson, CEH.

13 that start or can. I may be missing someone or maybe someone is beaten out but we are not just trade and FA heavy at all. Throw in our ST players and quite a bit have been taken by KC as udfa or draft and are starters.

8 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

I believe it was 13 last years starters. This year we have Sneed, Fenton, Jones, Nieman, Thornhill, mahomes, kelce, LDT, Niang, Kelce, Hill, Robinson, CEH.

13 that start or can. I may be missing someone or maybe someone is beaten out but we are not just trade and FA heavy at all. Throw in our ST players and quite a bit have been taken by KC as udfa or draft and are starters.

Hardman, Sorensen, Allegretti has a chance, Nnadi?

So maybe around 17?

3 minutes ago, Balto said:

Hardman, Sorensen, Allegretti has a chance, Nnadi?

So maybe around 17?

Well they all played as starters last year too. Hardman may not have been starting, like Nieman, but played quite a bit. Why it is hard to say but I think the point is made.

41 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Well they all played as starters last year too. Hardman may not have been starting, like Nieman, but played quite a bit. Why it is hard to say but I think the point is made.

Hardman would start in Balt. Just no room in KC so far.

22 hours ago, xen said:

There's no doubt Andy will have to change the scheme somewhat to accommodate what he does best.  People bagged on Fish but there's no doubt he was very effective blocking in space, much more so than Brown.  Fish's issues were well known, not much push and got regularly stomped on bull rushes, which Brown seems to handle with ease.  

Personally I don't think it will be a problem.  Andy has been great at letting guys win however they are good at winning and he'll adjust.  

Where Brown will have to adjust is with the deep vertical sets.  I watched a few games this weekend and didn't see much of that at all.  I don't think it will be a problem but Brown seems to really like to get on guys quickly and he is terrific at winning while being the aggressor.  

Deep vert sets will require him to get to a spot before the defender and then set.  Just a different style.  Seems like a smart dude so I'm sure he'll figure it out.

BTW, seems like we should call him Ares.  You know, since he's the son of Zeus and all.

I agree with what you wrote.

OBjr has a Twitter handle of @ZEUS_78

His dad Was nicknamed Zeus so everyone here always called him Zeus Jr like he wanted

23 hours ago, AFCWEST said:

Well , you are clear that the Ravens are the most perfect drafting team , best 14 starters drafted, best perfect front office, #1 Best GM EVER , Best Perfect Free Agents Signings, Best Head Coach EVER and THE BEST LOGO Management.

Yet: Chiefs 3-0 vs Jackson. So there is that. Maybe its Jackson? Having Brown, yes Chiefs over payed, will help KC win a few more games. Does the trade help Balt beat KC? We shall see.

Geezus- is your skin really this thin that you have to write a response like this ? ***We have 22 starters we drafted- you have 12 you drafted.