We got Orlando Brown

17 hours ago, Adamixoye said:

That's not what that means.  It means that's what the teams could agree to.  It doesn't mean that's what each team might have actually valued the picks at (especially considering they couldn't agree at first).

I'm not saying we got bad value, either.  Just that I wouldn't interpret this story as saying we totally know each team's thinking.  This is just the basis for how they came to an agreement.

I agree- the Ravens value draft picks over FA signings. They lead the NFL in compensatory picks since they were created by almost double the closest team.

And if they see a player at 31 who was ranked higher on their board, they will grab him and enjoy the value.

18 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

So you can't see the value of getting a player ranked in the 20's at a lower draft slot?

I guess you never buy anything on sale.

Highlight the entire sentence dumbass

yeah ross tucker knows what he is talking about. The Chiefs should just give up on the next season because there is no way that Andy and his Staff can come up with enough running plays to make Brown look good in KC. matter of fact i doubt they are working on anything as i type this because it is the off season anyway, sad that this is the best you came up with Hands

40 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

So they Ravens got a 1st and 3 other picks for:

a: a player who would not be here next year

b: maybe would have resulted in a 3rd round compensatory pick

c- a player they drafted in the latter portion of the 3rd round when everyone else passed on him because of the Combine workout

d- would have/ could have been disgruntled all during the 2020 season.

(1) Can't say the Ravens got a "1st and a 3rd" for Brown without mentioning the other draft compensation the Ravens sent back, it's silly otherwise.  I mean, if we get to selectively pick and choose the parts of the deal that best make our case I could claim we got Brown for a 2022 5th rounder.

(2) His draft spot is irrelevant, you think Mahomes is worth only the 10th pick at this point?  Or, I'm not as down on LJ as some around here are, do you think he's only worth the 32nd pick?

(3) The fact that Brown was disgruntled and might have caused problems might make you feel better about giving him up, but are you sure it doesn't say anything negative about your team culture?

59 minutes ago, KC Warpaint said:

yeah ross tucker knows what he is talking about. The Chiefs should just give up on the next season because there is no way that Andy and his Staff can come up with enough running plays to make Brown look good in KC. matter of fact i doubt they are working on anything as i type this because it is the off season anyway, sad that this is the best you came up with Hands

51 minutes ago, Adamixoye said:

(1) Can't say the Ravens got a "1st and a 3rd" for Brown without mentioning the other draft compensation the Ravens sent back, it's silly otherwise.  I mean, if we get to selectively pick and choose the parts of the deal that best make our case I could claim we got Brown for a 2022 5th rounder.

(2) His draft spot is irrelevant, you think Mahomes is worth only the 10th pick at this point?  Or, I'm not as down on LJ as some around here are, do you think he's only worth the 32nd pick?

(3) The fact that Brown was disgruntled and might have caused problems might make you feel better about giving him up, but are you sure it doesn't say anything negative about your team culture?

(1) thats why I wrote " So the Ravens got a 1st and 3 other picks for: "-

(2) It is relevant; think every team besides SF would change their value on Mahomes now? I bet the Arizona Cardinals would like that Josh Rosen pick back in the 2018 draft.

(3) a player being disgruntled because he is not playing the position he wants to is not a "team culture" issue

3 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

This does not matter. Kc needed a LT. Got a great one. Balt gets draft picks that may be awesome and may not be. So if this is critical to helping  you feel better then you may also consider a hobby, a dog or comfort food. 

I am actually really comfortable with the trade. We got tremendous value for a tremendous player. I am wondering though, where was all this negativity toward Zeus Jr when he was still on our team.

Comparing it to Frank Clark without seeing him play is a stretch.

59 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

They lost all 5 projected starters and made it to the Super Bowl.  The GM and coaching staff balled out again while you guys played poker. 

Can't have it both ways; can't blame it on the Gm and staff and then say the Gm and Staff balled out....lol

43 minutes ago, Holmes4six! said:

Well hands warmer….Veach has done a awesome job, may not be perfect but we have been to the super bowl 2 years in a row so he must be doing something right.

If you look at the post I was replying to, you would understand why I wrote that.

1 minute ago, Handswarmer said:

I am actually really comfortable with the trade. We got tremendous value for a tremendous player. I am wondering though, where was all this negativity toward Zeus Jr when he was still on our team.

Comparing it to Frank Clark without seeing him play is a stretch.

What?  

13 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

(1) thats why I wrote " So the Ravens got a 1st and 3 other picks for: "-

(2) It is relevant; think every team besides SF would change their value on Mahomes now? I bet the Arizona Cardinals would like that Josh Rosen pick back in the 2018 draft.

(3) a player being disgruntled because he is not playing the position he wants to is not a "team culture" issue

(1) I misread your post but your original post and this response still misses the point.  They didn't get this for Brown.  They got this for Brown + plenty of their own draft capital.  The difference is significant.

(2) I have no idea what you're saying here.

(3) Well then maybe they shouldn't have drafted him and put him out of position?

What's all this urge to find a winner? Trades aren't zero-sum games where one side wins only if the other side loses. Both sides had valid reasons to pull the trigger and got what they wanted. Obviously both sides would prefer to get more out of the deal but this is the middle ground they agreed upon. 

8 minutes ago, Adamixoye said:

(1) I misread your post but your original post and this response still misses the point.  They didn't get this for Brown.  They got this for Brown + plenty of their own draft capital.  The difference is significant.

(2) I have no idea what you're saying here.

(3) Well then maybe they should have drafted him an put him out of position?

(1) the difference is significant; for the Ravens. That draft capital in this draft is overwhelming. rounds 1 through 4 are loaded with talent that fit our needs.

(2) 9 teams drafted in front of KC; only 1 had a starting QB (SF) that was worth a shit at the time. In the 2018 draft, look at the QBs drafted: Mayfield (might be good), Darnold (traded), J Allen ( might be good), Arizona loved their guy so much he was traded then traded again and the drafted Kyler Murray the following year. So the Ravens saw value on LJ- the other teams probably had him as a 2nd/3rd talent. A unanimous MVP (only the 2nd ever) tells us differently

(3) No idea who you are talking about= Zeus Jr? Becasue thats what the Ravens did, drafted him as RT and only played him there when Stanley went down.

1 minute ago, Handswarmer said:

(1) the difference is significant; for the Ravens. That draft capital in this draft is overwhelming. rounds 1 through 4 are loaded with talent that fit our needs.

But you literally did not get him for what you said they got him for.  In the simplest terms before assessing their value they netted two picks, not four.

10 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

Can't have it both ways; can't blame it on the Gm and staff and then say the Gm and Staff balled out....lol

When did I blame the GM and staff?  Shit happens.  And there's only so much the GM and staff can do.  There are salary caps and trade deadlines.  You can't put an unlimited amount of resources in a backup Oline.  They balled out and got us to the Super Bowl with a huge and unforeseeable amount of injuries.  In the last quarter of the AFCCG, Fisher went down.  What is a GM supposed to do about that?  I guess if you find an old post where I blamed the staff and GM for getting us to the Super Bowl back to back, I will have to own it and apologize. 

19 hours ago, Holmes4six! said:

Cant plan for the injuries we had. RT - back and LT achilles. Oseleme went down as well.

^ this is what I was replying to- I should have tagged him also

4 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

When did I blame the GM and staff?  Shit happens.  And there's only so much the GM and staff can do.  There are salary caps and trade deadlines.  You can't put an unlimited amount of resources in a backup Oline.  They balled out and got us to the Super Bowl with a huge and unforeseeable amount of injuries.  In the last quarter of the AFCCG, Fisher went down.  What is a GM supposed to do about that?  I guess if you find an old post where I blamed the staff and GM for getting us to the Super Bowl back to back, I will have to own it and apologize. 

You can relax your mammories now....😁

26 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

PFF hates the trade for us.  Mike Renner put out a video saying we were in cap hell with 8 guys over 14 mill a year when in reality we have 3 this year and then 6 counting Brown next year.   They said we won't be able to field a team in 4 years because of our cap situation yet everyone of those contracts can be gotten out of except Thuny and Mahomes in two years.   These guys are a joke.   

I think both teams got what they wanted.  That in my book is a win for both teams.  However,  If your team values draft capital they only got a early to mid second for Brown and they helped out their biggest competition in the Chiefs by filling a major hole for a early/mid second round pick.    So while your team is happy with it got for Brown it made our team vastly better now and in the future.    Those picks may or may not pan out.    Again I dont think it was some landslide win for either team but if we go back to the SB this year because our oline is vastly improved then your team lost regardless of who they drafted.   Soon the Ravens will have to pay their QB a ridiculous amount of money or admit as talented as he is that he can't get the job done.  Either way your team losses in that situation.