We got Orlando Brown

17 hours ago, kkuenn said:

I believe it was 13 last years starters. This year we have Sneed, Fenton, Jones, Nieman, Thornhill, mahomes, kelce, LDT, Niang, Kelce, Hill, Robinson, CEH.

13 that start or can. I may be missing someone or maybe someone is beaten out but we are not just trade and FA heavy at all. Throw in our ST players and quite a bit have been taken by KC as udfa or draft and are starters.

Currently you have 12

Just now, Handswarmer said:

Currently you have 12

Who are you counting or getting info from?

Mahomes, Kelce, Hill, CEH, LDT, Robinson, Hardman, Jones, Thornhill, Sneed, Fenton, Nieman, Sorenson, Nnadi was/ is starting. I mean that is 14 right there.

I see your link now. Don't agree with it as LDT may start over Long or Long may go to RT. Then there is Fenton over Sneed whem Fenton will be slot cb and Sneed will start.  Gay over Nieman I my list is a wash. Still that puts us at 14. 

Edit. If Long beats out LDT then you have our draft pick Niang taking RT. Still a wash.

2 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

I see your link now. Don't agree with it as LDT may start over Long or Long may go to RT. Then there is Fenton over Sneed whem Fenton will be slot cb and Sneed will start.  Gay over Nieman I my list is a wash. Still that puts us at 14.

22>14

The point was the Ravens covet draft picks and do not give them up easily.

Just now, Spfdchiefsfan said:

This argument is like the chicken vs the egg thing.  It doesn't matter who has drafted more starters.  KC back to back SB's, Ravens, back to back early playoff exits.  Consider this argument complete and move on about your days!

Its a freaking Discussion Board.

We debate, we argue, we discuss.

You DO NOT have to click on the links, or even log in.....

1 minute ago, Handswarmer said:

22>14

The point was the Ravens covet draft picks and do not give them up easily.

Wait, I thought you said they coveted picks and it shows having 14 drafted starters? Are you saying all 22 are drafted picks now? The whole team for offense and defense? I don't think so.

My point was while we may trade for a missing piece,  we still have a good amount of starters from our drafts.  We have all this plus will still have 9 million in cap space after the draft and can get more with a HB extension. 

23 hours ago, Handswarmer said:

We will see if the cap situation clears up for KC- Zeus jr is going to want big money (even though he said it wasn't- when they say that it IS about the money)

The Ravens have 14 starters that were draft picks- how many does the Chiefs have? I would be curious to look it up but I am late for golf.

This is what I was referring to Hands.

15 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Wait, I thought you said they coveted picks and it shows having 14 drafted starters? Are you saying all 22 are drafted picks now? The whole team for offense and defense? I don't think so.

My point was while we may trade for a missing piece,  we still have a good amount of starters from our drafts.  We have all this plus will still have 9 million in cap space after the draft and can get more with a HB extension. 

One starter on Offense and 2 on defense are FA signings while our Punter and Punt returner are also draft picks

All good teams do this- then there is the AFC SOuth.....and the Jets

8 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

I referenced the wrong info- we have 14 starters that we drafted in the last 3 years, 22 overall

22 starters overall still on the team? I mean 22 starters overall is 12 on each side of the ball. We have more drafted players or udfa we still have in the team over 14, that play a good role or did start etc.

If you include our punter etc we have even more.  Thing is, we are doing it pretty damn well as results speaks. I will say this, Veach will go after a proven commodity to fill a hole and does not mind using draft pick capital to do it. 

2 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

22 starters overall still on the team? I mean 22 starters overall is 12 on each side of the ball. We have more drafted players or udfa we still have in the team over 14, thst play a good role or did start etc.

May need to reset your abacus. 

6 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

I referenced the wrong info- we have 14 starters that we drafted in the last 3 years, 22 overall

I think everyone would prefer drafting and developing players as much as possible.  But since this regime took over in 2013, we average about 11.5 wins a year, have made the playoffs 7 out of 8 years, won 5 straight divisions, played in 3 consecutive AFCCG's and 2 consecutive Super Bowls.  This is not a small sample size, we are reloaded for another year, and the roster remains young.  So I personally don't care where they get players as long as they keep getting players. 

43 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

I think everyone would prefer drafting and developing players as much as possible.  But since this regime took over in 2013, we average about 11.5 wins a year, have made the playoffs 7 out of 8 years, won 5 straight divisions, played in 3 consecutive AFCCG's and 2 consecutive Super Bowls.  This is not a small sample size, we are reloaded for another year, and the roster remains young.  So I personally don't care where they get players as long as they keep getting players. 

I agree

1 hour ago, Handswarmer said:

Geezus- is your skin really this thin that you have to write a response like this ? ***We have 22 starters we drafted- you have 12 you drafted.

Its meant to be sarcastic. No way am I defensive, especially with your posts. I actually think my question " Does this deal help Balt beat KC ? " is legit.

3 hours ago, kkuenn said:

Who are you counting or getting info from?

Mahomes, Kelce, Hill, CEH, LDT, Robinson, Hardman, Jones, Thornhill, Sneed, Fenton, Nieman, Sorenson, Nnadi was/ is starting. I mean that is 14 right there.

Forgetting Niang who will start at RT this year.    Danna could start depending.    Gay should start over Niemann this year.   

2 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

Forgetting Niang who will start at RT this year.    Danna could start depending.    Gay should start over Niemann this year.   

I wonder if Jones at DE is something KC is really considering? DT seems deep. Can Jones play outside a majority of his snaps? 

8 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

I wonder if Jones at DE is something KC is really considering? DT seems deep. Can Jones play outside a majority of his snaps? 

Would it make sense to try Wharton at DE?  He has the physique and motor.  Jones seems more able to get good pressure from the inside plus bat down some passes.  Taco and rookie will probably replace Okafor but Ward will also get a shot.  

3 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Would it make sense to try Wharton at DE?  He has the physique and motor.  Jones seems more able to get good pressure from the inside plus bat down some passes.  Taco and rookie will probably replace Okafor but Ward will also get a shot.  

Yes why not. KC has several options inside and can not play them all. I would like to see Jones & Reed on the field most of the time.

Jarran Reed agrees to a one-year deal with the Chiefs.

What it means: Reed, who has 19 sacks in the past three years, could team with defensive tackle Chris Jones to give the Chiefs a strong interior pass-rushing combination. Reed will join a playing rotation that includes Jones, Derrick Nnadi and Tershawn Wharton. Nnadi is mostly a run defender. Wharton showed promise last year as an undrafted rookie but isn't as accomplished as Reed.

21 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

It would be a mistake if it's anything more than situational.  Jones is the biggest interior game-wrecker in the league outside of Aaron Donald.  Why put him at edge to be a slightly less impactful version of himself at a slightly less impactful position?