We got Orlando Brown

17 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

I agree 100%. Trading for guys and having to pay them too is a Frank Clark move once again. Veach puts KC in this position with average or below average drafting. If Kc did not have Mahomes this is an average roster and a very average team.

Madness. You gonna say that when they when the Super Bowl again? They were an oline away. We just revamped the whole thing. It’s about winning titles. The window is now. Smdh...

Wow!  We did it!    We got the 58 and 63rd overall this year as well.   Not bad.   Give up our first, third and fourth and next years fifth

for Orlando Brown and 58 in 2021.   I think that was a good deal for both sides.

58 and 63 still give us a chance to grab 2 out of 3 in OC, WR, or DE in the 2nd.  

I feel a lot better about this year now.  

Brown, Thuney, Draft, Long, Niang

I like that Oline A LOT!!!!!!

31 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

Could have kept him for a year but how motivated would he have been at RT in his final year? Then only get a 3rd Comp Pick?

DeCosta fleeced Veach. Now you have to pay him also.

Fleeced. Starting LT... no. And they can franchise him for a year. 

45 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

Could have kept him for a year but how motivated would he have been at RT in his final year? Then only get a 3rd Comp Pick?

Fleeced?   The Ravens got 31, 94, and 120 plus next years 5th.

We got Orlando Brown and 58.   Look up the trade values for 94, 120 and 58.   We got Orlando Brown for basically the 47th overall pick according to draft trade charts.

I personally think it was a good trade for both teams.   We would have had a hard time trading 94 and 120 for 58.   Y'all would have had a hard time getting more.   

16 minutes ago, Calichief said:

Fleeced. Starting LT... no. And they can franchise him for a year. 

Look up the value for what we got and what was traded.   We basically got Orlando Brown for a pick in the 40's.  No way we could have gotten 58 for 94, 120 and next years 5th lol.

1 hour ago, moons314 said:

He should have, he put that shitty line together.  

Smh; opt outs and injuries made it shitty!

before that they were average to slightly above average not shitty

Remmers as a 6th man would have been good, but Schwartz went down. What after 4th game?Fish going down when he did, was just the flyin finger of fate showin us how hard it is to get there, let alone repeat.

As for Brown we’ll just have to see what that contract shakes out as

found this tweet from a ravens reporter 🤣😂

By trading Orlando Brown to Chiefs, Ravens is expected to replace him at right tackle with Alejandro Villanueva. Deal likely won't become official until after draft, but Villanueva visited Ravens on Thursday. So, Ravens add some picks and won't have much dropoff with Villanueva

12 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

Look up the value for what we got and what was traded.   We basically got Orlando Brown for a pick in the 40's.  No way we could have gotten 58 for 94, 120 and next years 5th lol.

I’m guessing you are agreeing? Because that’s exactly my point. Got him for a second round pick. A 24 year old starting LT

HOUSTON gave up 2 firsts for Tunsil

1 hour ago, Handswarmer said:

Well, now we will see if he was that good at LT last year as some have implied (he was only good because of a run first offense)

2nd rd value....LOL

Lets see what they draft with that.

So before the trade you are screaming about him having 1st round value and Ravens will get at least a 1st for him...Now after KC got him for a mid 2nd round value you laugh at us paying 2nd round value for him?  HAHAHA sooooo happy I'm not a stupid Ravens fan

Instead Veach got him for a mid 2nd rounder and IF he can't resign him VEACH, you cant have it both ways saying ravens would of got a comp pick..well so will KC, gets that 3rd round comp pick...Thus getting a pro bowl LT for a 1 year SUPER BOWL run rental at the cost of giving up a 2nd for a 3rd.  hahaha I think Veach bent DeCosta over and forgot the lube 

Well, now we will see if he was that good at LT last year as some have implied (he was only good because of a run first offense)

2nd rd value....LOL

Lets see what they draft with that.

Quit waffling. You posted video 3 days ago here and gave us a scouting report that his own agent couldn't have made any more glowing.  Now he's just so-so? This is why you get bashed here. I've never seen any reason too until now. But this is ridiculous.

See below. Your own words 3 days ago. 

6'8" 345lbs. He is very fluid, not choppy. Uses his hands well but doesn't overextend. Footwork is great; switching sides halfway thru the season shows you how good he is.

In the run game he is a mauler. Pass Pro, he just smothers pass rushers. Watch his footwork.

It’s funny to see the tweets from people opposing the trade and saying things like, how come they just keep letting the Chiefs get better and be in a position to possibly go to the Super Bowl again? It’s like how we all used to cry foul when the Patriots kept getting great players and winning multiple Super Bowls and we’d all say the same type of things. 

5 minutes ago, Calichief said:

I’m guessing you are agreeing? Because that’s exactly my point. Got him for a second round pick. A 24 year old starting LT

HOUSTON gave up 2 firsts for Tunsil

Absolutely love this trade and agree with you!.   I don't think either team fleeced the other.  They got a first rounder and a couple mid rounders and we got Orlando and a 2nd rounder.  They weren't going to get much more for a one year rental and we actually do have the flexibilty to sign him long term.    What I love about this is he will play a premium position so I don't mind giving him 20 million per year (The now going rate for good LT's).  We were going to pay Fisher 16 million and I think Brown is better than Fisher.   We get him for 3 million this year and we basically drafted the guy at 31 and still have 2 2nd rounders to address DE, WR, OC, LB, or DB.    

5 minutes ago, Adamixoye said:

Just one thing to add.  "Mid 2nd value" is based off the old Jimmy Johnson charts.  More modern charts say this is more late first.  Ethan Douglas on Twitter if you want to find that.

This is true.  I'm still completely fine with this trade.  We weren't finding anyone this ready and this good at 31.   As nasty as people say Teven is....Brown abuses people in the run game and is just as good as Fisher in pass bro.....probably better considering he doesn't get bull rushed into the pocket like Fisher dide.

Veach really wanted to pay for a LT this offseason :D

I guess the Baltimore's 2nd could bring in a decent OC and actually make this line solid as soon as day one. Wondering if an OT is still in the mix for the right side or if Niang has that settled? 

11 minutes ago, Adamixoye said:

Just one thing to add.  "Mid 2nd value" is based off the old Jimmy Johnson charts.  More modern charts say this is more late first.  Ethan Douglas on Twitter if you want to find that.

Actually the NEW "Rich Hill's" that includes the ability to trade comp picks comes out to a 159.28 value for Brown.  That is equal to #38...So still a 2nd round pick 

7 minutes ago, sith13 said:

Veach really wanted to pay for a LT this offseason :D

I guess the Baltimore's 2nd could bring in a decent OC and actually make this line solid as soon as day one. 

Could have a good shot at either Quinn Meinerz OR Landon Dickerson.  I actually really like the guard out of Ohio State, Wyatt Davis as a center as well.  Should be able to grab one of these day 1 starters with that Ravens pick!!!

6 minutes ago, Balto said:

Could have a good shot at either Quinn Meinerz OR Landon Dickerson.  I actually really like the guard out of Ohio State, Wyatt Davis as a center as well.  Should be able to grab one of these day 1 starters with that Ravens pick!!!

Davis will likely end up at OC but I like Myers out of Ohio State as a day one option. Would definitely prefer Dickerson or Meinerz and have Humphrey ranked as the 3rd. Pretty sure at least one of them will be there with the Ravens' pick.