We got Orlando Brown

1 hour ago, Adamixoye said:

We agree on that, but I think saying "it barely qualifies" as a 1st is just fan justification, that was my point.

People say that because at the end of the first you're getting a player graded as a 2nd rounder usually.  There are typically only 20 to 25 guys that get consensus first round grades in most years.  Sometimes not even that many.

1 hour ago, Fmbl2187 said:

He is 6'8"", which comes out to only $250,000 per inch of height per year.  He weighs 345 lb, which is only $57,971 per pound per year.  At least that is what my calculator says.  I'm excited.  A true bargain.

😅

How many people would give a quarter mil/extra inch?

8 hours ago, Fmbl2187 said:

He is 6'8"", which comes out to only $250,000 per inch of height per year.  He weighs 345 lb, which is only $57,971 per pound per year.  At least that is what my calculator says.  I'm excited.  A true bargain.

😅

What are you... a butcher?

Sounds like a win-win to me. Ravens lose a player that didn’t want to play for them and got a low first to replace him. KC had no one to play LT and now they have 2 or three years to figure it out. It would have been unthinkable to put Pat behind a career killing scrub on his blind side.

10 hours ago, Calichief said:

Question that should be asked is, why in the hell would you help kc fix its biggest issue? 
thank you 

Makes a lot of sense for the Ravens as well. Brown is a RT for them and unless they tag him he would leave in 2022 and bring in a 3rd for 2023. Instead they get another 1st this year as well as some other value in the draft and don't have to deal with the contract next year. Instead they can get a rookie RT this year for cheap and not worry about it for the next 5 years. 

I don't know or actually care about the value of each pick as the charts are all arbitrary but I don't think the trade is bad for anyone involved. 

9 minutes ago, sith13 said:

Makes a lot of sense for the Ravens as well. Brown is a RT for them and unless they tag him he would leave in 2022 and bring in a 3rd for 2023. Instead they get another 1st this year as well as some other value in the draft and don't have to deal with the contract next year. Instead they can get a rookie RT this year for cheap and not worry about it for the next 5 years. 

I don't know or actually care about the value of each pick as the charts are all arbitrary but I don't think the trade is bad for anyone involved. 

You mean swap their 2nd for our 1st and now being forced to spend that 1st on a RT that won’t be as good as Brown.....So in the end they gain a few extra years of rookie contract and a couple mid round picks but overall worse at RT.  Lol

11 minutes ago, Balto said:

You mean swap their 2nd for our 1st and now being forced to spend that 1st on a RT that won’t be as good as Brown.....So in the end they gain a few extra years of rookie contract and a couple mid round picks but overall worse at RT.  Lol

That's the rule of the NFL, you need to swap expensive players with cheap options and sometimes lose some production assuming the rookie class is definitely worse. 

16 hours ago, Adamixoye said:

The 2003 Chiefs traded #16 for #27 and #92.  That was in essence the Polamalu / Johnson trade.  I hated it at the time, but when you ask who would do that...we did.

I'm not sure you're looking at it correctly by splitting it up the way that you are.  And regardless, the chart merely represents how some teams think.  In general, teams are moving toward valuing quantity over quality when it comes to picks.  KC doesn't seem to value them that way, but it is what it is.

Actually #16 for #27+#92 works out pretty equal on ALL charts.  I still like Rich Hill's chart the best.

Also Lets take Brown's name out and put in the draft pick....Lets use the eye test

Ravens get:

#1.31

#3.94

#4.136

2022 5th

Chiefs get:

#1.16

#2.58

2022 6th

Which team would you rather be????  Exactly, See what I mean.....I guess this means we REALLY REALLY REALLY Fleeced the Ravens right?

7 minutes ago, Balto said:

Actually #16 for #27+#92 works out pretty equal on ALL charts.  I still like Rich Hill's chart the best.

Also Lets take Brown's name out and put in the draft pick....Lets use the eye test

Ravens get:

#1.31

#3.94

#4.136

2022 5th

Chiefs get:

#1.16

#2.58

2022 6th

Which team would you rather be????  Exactly, See what I mean.....I guess this means we REALLY REALLY REALLY Fleeced the Ravens right?

I was just responding to what Lamar said by pointing out the 2003 trade.  I didn't like it at the time, though I could be talked into comparable value in a theoretical sense.  But clearly the Steelers got the better end of that trade if you factor in the final selections.

The way you thought about it in your example is wrong, though.  Because the #16 isn't "what we get" it's the differential value of the other picks.  By this logic, if the differential was worth 2 #1s then you say we got an even better deal!  So that doesn't make sense at all.

18 hours ago, mex said:

#31 barely qualifies as a first round pick.

While this is true, the salary structure change from some years ago makes those picks infinitely more valuable imo.  I'm happy with Brown, but an argument could be made that from a salary cap standpoint, standing pat and drafting a linemen could've been a better option, since after this season we're going to be giving the man a huge contract. 

20 hours ago, the Warparty said:

Smh; opt outs and injuries made it shitty!

before that they were average to slightly above average not shitty

Remmers as a 6th man would have been good, but Schwartz went down. What after 4th game?Fish going down when he did, was just the flyin finger of fate showin us how hard it is to get there, let alone repeat.

As for Brown we’ll just have to see what that contract shakes out as

Our tackles were were solid when healthy, but the interior 3 was shitty long before opt outs and injuries.  Some of us were ringing alarm bells about that group entering last season.