Thuney at center

29 minutes ago, DefensiveMan said:

Some say Remmers waa better even than Schwartz on the right. Question is why didn't Reid leave him there in the SB and let Durant play LT? One injury discombobulated the whole line. In hindsight Wylie actually held his own against Cam Jordan at Saints... Who knows.

Who are "some" and where are they saying that?  I've not seen that.  Anybody that think Remmers was better than Schwartz needs their head examined.  Schwartz is the best lineman we've had since the Vermeil days.  Not to disparage Remmers; he did a great job.  But Schwartz was playing chess and Remmers was playing checkers.  They're on 2 different levels.  Schwartz could teach a clinic on technique.

55 minutes ago, xen said:

Who are "some" and where are they saying that?  I've not seen that.  Anybody that think Remmers was better than Schwartz needs their head examined.  Schwartz is the best lineman we've had since the Vermeil days.  Not to disparage Remmers; he did a great job.  But Schwartz was playing chess and Remmers was playing checkers.  They're on 2 different levels.  Schwartz could teach a clinic on technique.

I'm not one of those guys but Schwartz was pretty meh this year before he went out.  Very pedestrian.   Again I don't think Remmers was better but Schwartz was a shell of himself from the get go this year.

4 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

I'm not one of those guys but Schwartz was pretty meh this year before he went out.  Very pedestrian.   Again I don't think Remmers was better but Schwartz was a shell of himself from the get go this year.

If I'm not mistaken he was playing hurt the whole time, injuries reflect on the performances of bigger guys more than others so nothing unexpected. 

16 hours ago, Balto said:

I actually agree but we could also look at Allegretti at RG.  Allegretti could easily end up being our backup for all IOL spots.  I can see Veach grabbing a IOL in the 2nd that can play center or guard for us.  

Meinerz, Wyatt Davis, and Dickerson could all play center OR guard which would give us that flexibility.    

Someone mark this day down in history

42 minutes ago, Biggjliv4 said:

What are you trying to say? What if we have Thuney play C and we can put Creed at G? Common!

So the Chiefs would take a top rated OG and swap him with a high rated rookie who played his college at OC?  Doesn't sound common to me.

Allegretti is gonna have a tough time making this team imo.   He isn't playing center because no way are they putting another question mark behind a rookie at center.   RG is LDT/Long and he is going to have to beat out Trey Smith for backup LG.    Trey Smith has a chance to win the RG spot imo and worse case he's going to get every shot at backup LG.

I think Veach tries to snag a 6th or 7th for him and Wylie.

On 4/27/2021 at 5:45 PM, xen said:

Schwartz is a mother fucking all pro... good lord 

4 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

Allegretti is gonna have a tough time making this team imo.   He isn't playing center because no way are they putting another question mark behind a rookie at center.   RG is LDT/Long and he is going to have to beat out Trey Smith for backup LG.    Trey Smith has a chance to win the RG spot imo and worse case he's going to get every shot at backup LG.

I think Veach tries to snag a 6th or 7th for him and Wylie.

Veach has been thriving with player swaps and getting late rounders for odd guys out. I'm expecting at least conditional picks or may be overlooked youngsters coming in during the TC.