Landon Dickerson

Balto

2 hours ago, xen said:

He better hope teams were able to get good medical evaluations on him or he'll drop like a stone.  Always injured.

Meh I get that he tore his ACL and ankle concerns at Florida State but when he transferred to Bama didn't he play like every game those two years until he tore his ACL again before the Championship game?  I read that he actually suited up for that game and took pregame snaps WITH a torn ACL but didn't play of course.  Then coaches/players thought so highly of him they had him come out and snap the ball in victory formation to finish the game.  Everything you read about him is how much players and coaches love the kid.  

One of those...Stays healthy you got yourself a top center in the draft at 2nd round value.  OR of course could be injured like Morse and move on after his rookie contract.

I still rank my centers as:

Creed Humphrey

Quinn Meinerz

Wyatt Davis

Landon Dickerson

Josh Myers

10 minutes ago, Balto said:

Meh I get that he tore his ACL and ankle concerns at Florida State but when he transferred to Bama didn't he play like every game those two years until he tore his ACL again before the Championship game?  I read that he actually suited up for that game and took pregame snaps WITH a torn ACL but didn't play of course.  Then coaches/players thought so highly of him they had him come out and snap the ball in victory formation to finish the game.  Everything you read about him is how much players and coaches love the kid.  

One of those...Stays healthy you got yourself a top center in the draft at 2nd round value.  OR of course could be injured like Morse and move on after his rookie contract.

I still rank my centers as:

Creed Humphrey

Quinn Meinerz

Wyatt Davis

Landon Dickerson

Josh Myers

4 major injuries total, including 2 ankle injuries and 2 season enders, 1 at FSU and the ACL at Bama.  That's a lot.

I actual would rank the centers similarly except I would draft Davis as a guard.  

41 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Creed had a lousy senior bowl and Dickerson has the injury history.  Better to stick with Meinerz for the future OC.  I'd also be okay with Meyers but #63 is a little high.  Maybe Green form Illinois?

I don't care so much about senior bowl.  I'd still have Creed on top.  

58 minutes ago, xen said:

4 major injuries total, including 2 ankle injuries and 2 season enders, 1 at FSU and the ACL at Bama.  That's a lot.

I actual would rank the centers similarly except I would draft Davis as a guard.  

You think its ridiculous to even think Veach might come out of the 2nd with a guard AND center?  I'd love it personally  

38 minutes ago, Balto said:

You think its ridiculous to even think Veach might come out of the 2nd with a guard AND center?  I'd love it personally  

No that's a possibility but that probably puts you out of the running for a premium edge prospect unless someone like Dayo drops to 144 due to medicals.  Ok, maybe not someone like Dayo, exactly Dayo.  He's probably the tail end of the 2nd pod of edge players big enough for Spags.

1 hour ago, Balto said:

Yes, I think that's ridiculous.  Maybe one in the 2nd and one in the fifth (David Moore?), but too many needs to spend both seconds on OL.  They've already spent for three FAs there plus a third rounder last draft. 

23 minutes ago, Balto said:

Hmmm loving the idea of getting Brown plus our center for #31 lol

Actually, #31 for Brown and #94 and #136 for Meinerz, maybe.  Still a good deal considering the Chiefs have way lowered the bust potential of #31.  Now if they could swap #58 for Meyers or Green plus a mid fourth, that would be even better.  Of course, Veach doesn't trade down.  

2 hours ago, xen said:

No that's a possibility but that probably puts you out of the running for a premium edge prospect unless someone like Dayo drops to 144 due to medicals.  Ok, maybe not someone like Dayo, exactly Dayo.  He's probably the tail end of the 2nd pod of edge players big enough for Spags.

Elerson Smith

4 hours ago, xen said:

I don't care so much about senior bowl.  I'd still have Creed on top.  

Reportedly, Creed got pushed around by heavier DTs consistently.  Not a good image when thinking about fourth and one.  He might be the best of the second round, but he's not the mauler that Dickerson or Meinerz could be. 

5 hours ago, xen said:

That would be a 2nd round prospect in the 4th. 

Sign me up for Landon over all those jokers at center.   Creed tested well but get manhandled by stout DT's.   I'd be happy with him but he's not better than Landon.   Quinn is projection based on good work at Senior Bowl against possibly the worst DT class in recent memory.  Again I'd take him and be happy but he's not a better prospet.   Landon played 2 straight years before an ACL.  Sure there are some concerns but he has the highest ceiling imo.    Plus out side of Quinn those two have a charisma that you want on your team.   Had defenders rolled Mahomes up with Landon on the team, there would be hell to pay, unlike our pathetic excuse of an IOL who let them do it and did nothing in response.  I will admit I think Quinn has some of that nastiness in him as well.

Landon

Creed

Quinn

Myers

Moore

Dahlman

Da

2 hours ago, jetlord said:

There's just that fear that Dickerson will be another Morse, great when he's healthy but released after his rookie contract because he's on the bench most of the time.  Why take the chance if another mauler like Meinerz is there?  

100% agree that’s why I have a few players including Meinerz ahead of him.

21 hours ago, Balto said:

In such a scenario I think a versatile OT that might move inside if needed would be the choice over an OG but it's very tough to estimate. There are news about lack of prospects in general and limited scouting on quite a bit of them so any position could be in the books. 

On 4/26/2021 at 7:25 PM, Lamardirts said:

That would be a 2nd round prospect in the 4th. 

Sign me up for Landon over all those jokers at center.   Creed tested well but get manhandled by stout DT's.   I'd be happy with him but he's not better than Landon.   Quinn is projection based on good work at Senior Bowl against possibly the worst DT class in recent memory.  Again I'd take him and be happy but he's not a better prospet.   Landon played 2 straight years before an ACL.  Sure there are some concerns but he has the highest ceiling imo.    Plus out side of Quinn those two have a charisma that you want on your team.   Had defenders rolled Mahomes up with Landon on the team, there would be hell to pay, unlike our pathetic excuse of an IOL who let them do it and did nothing in response.  I will admit I think Quinn has some of that nastiness in him as well.

Landon

Creed

Quinn

Myers

Moore

Dahlman

Da

Landon has had 2 ACL tears and 2 separate major ankle injuries that required major surgery.  Sure there'd be hell to pay if someone rolled up Patrick but there is very real concern Landon would tear an ACL on the way to maul the guy.

Creed Humphrey is the best center in this draft for a zone blocking team like ours.  Not that close either.  No sacks allowed in 2 years so I highly doubt he just starts getting bulldozed.   Dude put up 29 reps, he'll be fine.  The only problem with him is he'll be gone by 58.