Landon Dickerson

Balto

6 hours ago, xen said:

Landon has had 2 ACL tears and 2 separate major ankle injuries that required major surgery.  Sure there'd be hell to pay if someone rolled up Patrick but there is very real concern Landon would tear an ACL on the way to maul the guy.

Creed Humphrey is the best center in this draft for a zone blocking team like ours.  Not that close either.  No sacks allowed in 2 years so I highly doubt he just starts getting bulldozed.   Dude put up 29 reps, he'll be fine.  The only problem with him is he'll be gone by 58.

Always liked Humphrey as our OC for the next decade but I definitely have no idea about who'll be available when. Seen him go as high as the 1st interior lineman off the board as well as available on the 3rd day as the 4th-5th OC taken. 

2 hours ago, sith13 said:

Always liked Humphrey as our OC for the next decade but I definitely have no idea about who'll be available when. Seen him go as high as the 1st interior lineman off the board as well as available on the 3rd day as the 4th-5th OC taken. 

Whomever has him on day 3 needs to be examined for CTE.  Sure if you're a gap or power scheme you may want to look elsewhere, but there's lots of zone teams that need OL desperately.  His tape matches the elite testing and you can really see the wrestling background.  Great hand fighting, leverage and almost always shows good technique.  Fwiw, PFF has him with no sacks allowed as a starter ever.  3x academic all conference as well.  His RAS is 10, which ranks 1st for centers since 1987.  That all adds up to early pick for me.  I guess you could ding him for playing in the big 12.  

13 hours ago, xen said:

Whomever has him on day 3 needs to be examined for CTE.  Sure if you're a gap or power scheme you may want to look elsewhere, but there's lots of zone teams that need OL desperately.  His tape matches the elite testing and you can really see the wrestling background.  Great hand fighting, leverage and almost always shows good technique.  Fwiw, PFF has him with no sacks allowed as a starter ever.  3x academic all conference as well.  His RAS is 10, which ranks 1st for centers since 1987.  That all adds up to early pick for me.  I guess you could ding him for playing in the big 12.  

Trade next years 1st+4th for him if he drops out of the 1st?

2 minutes ago, Balto said:

Trade next years 1st+4th for him if he drops out of the 1st?

No.  Too much.  Hell our two seconds equal pick 34 if we wanted to go that route but I'd rather wait and see what falls to us. I think we can get 2 good players late in the 2nd.  I mean if we traded up for him i wouldn't mind but I wouldn't like to give up a first next year.  lol we probably need that to trade for a current player next year.

1 hour ago, jetlord said:

Why trade anything for an OC?  Meinerz, Green, or Meyers will be there in the second and the Chiefs certainly need all the first two days picks they can muster.  

I have no problems with how Veach has decided to disperse the money on this roster.  The highest paid players assume the positions of QB, LT (assuming Brown gets an extension or new contract next year), LG, TE, WR, DT (Top 3 player), DE, S, and LB.   The only two positions that we have overpaid are LB with Hitchens but that will be cleaned up next year and LG who is one of the best in the League.  S and DT are the other two both top 3 players in the L.   Pay your best players and pay the premium positions.   Meaning we need those draft picks to fill in the gaps.   Getting that 2nd back from Balt is huge for us.    There isn't a player at 31-40 that I would trade both 2nd rounders to move up for.    If you want to trade next years 3rd or 4th if a good player falls to move up and get so be it but we need two capable players on this roster in that 2nd round.   

9 hours ago, jetlord said:

Why trade anything for an OC?  Meinerz, Green, or Meyers will be there in the second and the Chiefs certainly need all the first two days picks they can muster.  

It’s not a guarantee that any of those guys are still on the board at #58.  Humphrey might be very high on Veach’s board and thinks no way he even thought he’d be there at #31 and very slim they could get a guy like him in next years draft.  Soooo trading away next years 1st to get him makes all the sense in the world.

7 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

I have no problems with how Veach has decided to disperse the money on this roster.  The highest paid players assume the positions of QB, LT (assuming Brown gets an extension or new contract next year), LG, TE, WR, DT (Top 3 player), DE, S, and LB.   The only two positions that we have overpaid are LB with Hitchens but that will be cleaned up next year and LG who is one of the best in the League.  S and DT are the other two both top 3 players in the L.   Pay your best players and pay the premium positions.   Meaning we need those draft picks to fill in the gaps.   Getting that 2nd back from Balt is huge for us.    There isn't a player at 31-40 that I would trade both 2nd rounders to move up for.    If you want to trade next years 3rd or 4th if a good player falls to move up and get so be it but we need two capable players on this roster in that 2nd round.   

Thanks.  You said it much better than I could have.  

2 minutes ago, Balto said:

It’s not a guarantee that any of those guys are still on the board at #58.  Humphrey might be very high on Veach’s board and thinks no way he even thought he’d be there at #31 and very slim they could get a guy like him in next years draft.  Soooo trading away next years 1st to get him makes all the sense in the world.

So you're saying the Chiefs won't need their first round pick next year?  At least not enough compared to moving up from one projected starting OC to a different starting OC?  Do you really think Humphrey is that much better than Meinerz or Green or Jackson it's worth missing out on one of next year's first round CBs, LBs, WRs, DEs or any other position the Chiefs need a rookie replacement for?  That reasoning is baffling to me.   

26 minutes ago, jetlord said:

So you're saying the Chiefs won't need their first round pick next year?  At least not enough compared to moving up from one projected starting OC to a different starting OC?  Do you really think Humphrey is that much better than Meinerz or Green or Jackson it's worth missing out on one of next year's first round CBs, LBs, WRs, DEs or any other position the Chiefs need a rookie replacement for?  That reasoning is baffling to me.   

Balto world

38 minutes ago, Balto said:

OC is the least important position on the OL according to Jeff Allen.   No way do you trade next years 1st round pick for a OC imo.  There are literally dozens of starting caliber OC that are above avg that can be found in later rounds.   Now if you want to make a case for a DE, CB, LT, QB sure the positional value dictates that but I'm not trading our first next year to move up to the 30's to get him.   I'd be willing to trade other picks but not our first. 

Just now, Lamardirts said:

OC is the least important position on the OL according to Jeff Allen.   No way do you trade next years 1st round pick for a OC imo.  There are literally dozens of starting caliber OC that are above avg that can be found in later rounds.   Now if you want to make a case for a DE, CB, LT, QB sure the positional value dictates that but I'm not trading our first next year to move up to the 30's to get him.   I'd be willing to trade other picks but not our first. 

I’d be ok with Farley too hahaha

Our teams biggest needs are WR, DE, Coverage LB and then Center.   My desire for drafting a OC is finish the rebuild and be done, but Blythe is a little better than Reiter and we managed last year.   We don't have Sammy or a clear #2 at WR, we don't have a coverage LB because they seem to feel Gay is a SLB and someone has to get Nieman off the field and DE because if this digestive issue with Frank is legit this is the last year he will be here.   Taco is on a one year deal.  Mike Danna is a good rotational guy but he's very limited.    WR and DE are the most important needs at this moment.   If Jaelan Phillips drops or Rashad Bateman drops into the 30's I could see Veach trading up but I won't be 2022 1st to do it.   This year's draft holds less value than normal because of the uncertainty.   If he wanted to trade a 3rd or 4th next year I would be fine with that but we will find some good players at 58 and 63 if we hold pat.

3 hours ago, Balto said:

I’m saying it’s not a guarantee that one of those other centers will be on the board at #58 PLUS Veach might have Creed as say a mid 1st round grade and the value is there for him.

Of course, there will be other OCs on the board at the end of the second.  Maybe not your favorite, but centers who can start after Blythe or even this year if they're quick learners.  The step up from one of them isn't worth using a day two pick.  The oracle has spoken.  

59 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Of course, there will be other OCs on the board at the end of the second.  Maybe not your favorite, but centers who can start after Blythe or even this year if they're quick learners.  The step up from one of them isn't worth using a day two pick.  The oracle has spoken.  

Ok who?

2 hours ago, Balto said:

Ok who?

Meinerz, Green, and I would even include Jackson, from Kentucky as a probable starter at OC with a red shirt year behind Blythe.  Green and Jackson could be had if the Chiefs traded down into the third with one of the seconds plus pick up another pick.  Veach hasn't traded down, but maybe he should in this situation if Meinerz is gone.  Okay, I'll admit that I'm not all that sold on Creed.  He may be better than Green or Jackson, but he also got pushed around senior bowl week.  We've seen two years of our center being pushed into the backfield here.  Creed may be a smarter version of Reiter.