Atlanta getting calls on Julio

5 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Julio Jones had 3 years and 38 million left in contract. Saw this on NFL network. This would really put us over the top. Use this years 2nd, one of them, and package more from next? 

Seems like a move that a team with a closing window would make. The track record for players his age/position continuing to produce at a high level would indicate this is a really bad idea. 

2 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Seems like a move that a team with a closing window would make. The track record for players his age/position continuing to produce at a high level would indicate this is a really bad idea. 

I don't know about that. Here he would be the 2nd wr. He would be paired with a better QB and not have to take on the best CB etc. He would be more healthy than Watkins ever was and I think he has a good 2 years left before he falls off. We don't have a closing window either, which he may like a lot. All this and we can skip on WR for a bit longer as we draft for other needs. Hell, may be because him being 32 with that much money owed he could be had for far less in a trade too.

4 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

I don't know about that. Here he would be the 2nd wr. He would be paired with a better QB and not have to take on the best CB etc. He would be more healthy than Watkins ever was and I think he has a good 2 years left before he falls off. We don't have a closing window either, which he may like a lot. All this and we can skip on WR for a bit longer as we draft for other needs. Hell, may be because him being 32 with that much money owed he could be had for far less in a trade too.

I dont disagree. I'm just saying WRs at his age tend to drop off dramatically from a production standpoint. Healthy or not. I agree he could make our offense incredible now. But can't you envision a 2023 season where we pay him 12 million dollars and he has 500 yds and 3 tds?

4 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

I dont disagree. I'm just saying WRs at his age tend to drop off dramatically from a production standpoint. Healthy or not. I agree he could make our offense incredible now. But can't you envision a 2023 season where we pay him 12 million dollars and he has 500 yds and 3 tds?

Sounds like what we got from Watkins lmao.  He would be owed over 11 mil his last year with a 7.7 mil dead cap. Maybe a trade comes with restructure? Who knows?

4 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Sounds like what we got from Warkins lmao.  He would be owed over 11 mil his last year with a 7.7 mil dead cap. Maybe a trade comes with restructure? Who knows?

That's a good point. But we signed him at 24 y/o. If we extend Badger it frees up enough to absorb a lot of Jones salary this yr, lol. Now you've got my wheels turning...

Come on guys this is a must if not to expensive.  Julio even at his age is still a top 5 wr and some would say better than Hill.  Even when Sammy was healthy he was not even close to the same level of talent Julio is.

Problem, like others have pointed out.  Falcons will wait till June 1st for cap reasons thus meaning no picks this year will be involved.  I’ve read everything from a 1st+later pick to a 2nd+later pick.  I’m thinking it will cost us our 1st BUT maybe this would work....

Atlanta  gets:

2022 2nd

Hardman, Ridley is a #1 and maybe they try Hardman on the other side on cheap contract.

LDT, if he agrees to trade this just pushes it over the top.

Chiefs get:

Julio Jones

Can be agreed before draft so both teams know in case it effects draft targets and such.

I have zero questions about Julio’s talents for the next 3 years.

This move guarantees us multiple SBs

At some point we have to develop a #2 even after Hill is gone we need more young guys at WR.  Whatever the Steelers are doing to develop theirs we need to mimic that.  2-4th round guys that we develop.  Now is the best time to do it because we have elite options at WR and TE but Kelce is already over 30.  He isn't going to be elite forever and Hill is gonna want to get paid.  He got forced into that last deal because of a lie and I have no doubt he will not take a team friendly deal this go around.   

34 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

At some point we have to develop a #2 even after Hill is gone we need more young guys at WR.  Whatever the Steelers are doing to develop theirs we need to mimic that.  2-4th round guys that we develop.  Now is the best time to do it because we have elite options at WR and TE but Kelce is already over 30.  He isn't going to be elite forever and Hill is gonna want to get paid.  He got forced into that last deal because of a lie and I have no doubt he will not take a team friendly deal this go around.   

100% correct but that goes out the window when you can have two of the top 5 WRs, the best TE and the best QB on the same team.

I see the point of developing a #2 alongside Hill, but Jones is the perfect WR to mentor and develop his replacement. WR's don't start right out the gates in Reid's offense, and I would rather learn the in's and out's of the WR position from Julio than Tyreek. Heck, Tyreek could learn a thing from Julio and become the unquestioned #1 in the league. 

7 hours ago, sith13 said:

At 32 years old he'll be declining rather fast at this point, not sure if I would want to absorb that contract. We could get a young FA for that much money.

I really don’t think his contract is bad at all minus THIS years $15M hit.

2021:  $15.3M, 100% guaranteed 

2022:  $11.5M, only $2M guaranteed

2023:  $11.5M, zero guaranteed

New cap increase with the new tv money will make ‘22 and ‘23 be like nothing.  Hell they offered Juju like $10M and Julio is on a different level.

We can also easily fit his $15M this year in with a new HB contract.

let’s get him Veach

9 minutes ago, Balto said:

I really don’t think his contract is bad at all minus THIS years $15M hit.

2021:  $15.3M, 100% guaranteed 

2022:  $11.5M, only $2M guaranteed

2023:  $11.5M, zero guaranteed

New cap increase with the new tv money will make ‘22 and ‘23 be like nothing.  Hell they offered Juju like $10M and Julio is on a different level.

We can also easily fit his $15M this year in with a new HB contract.

let’s get him Veach

The cap can always be managed, there seems to be infinite number of ways to find around it. However I'm not really sold on giving up picks for a guy that will still make some decent money. Instead of paying an aging Jones this much I would prefer to pay a guy like Juju 30 million over 3 years even though Jones has been much better when healthy. Thanks to Mahomes I think the Chiefs are in a position to get discount on older receivers without rings. 

Also what do the Falcons want?

16 minutes ago, sith13 said:

The cap can always be managed, there seems to be infinite number of ways to find around it. However I'm not really sold on giving up picks for a guy that will still make some decent money. Instead of paying an aging Jones this much I would prefer to pay a guy like Juju 30 million over 3 years even though Jones has been much better when healthy. Thanks to Mahomes I think the Chiefs are in a position to get discount on older receivers without rings. 

Also what do the Falcons want?

I get it and would 90% of the time agree but a guy like Julio with a “new team” friendly contract makes sense.  Now like you said what are the Falcons looking for and that’s where I might pass.

All speculation but have read from 1st to mid round pick.  This morning saw 2nd.....so who really knows.  I think our 2022 2nd + Hardman gets it done but if they want our 1st I’m just not sure meh

10 minutes ago, Balto said:

I get it and would 90% of the time agree but a guy like Julio with a “new team” friendly contract makes sense.  Now like you said what are the Falcons looking for and that’s where I might pass.

All speculation but have read from 1st to mid round pick.  This morning saw 2nd.....so who really knows.  I think our 2022 2nd + Hardman gets it done but if they want our 1st I’m just not sure meh

Might as well take Hardman out of the equation and lower it to something like a 2022 4th 🙄

they can have a 2022 3rd for him, provided we can come to terms with him on a new contract, and well lets grab AB while we are at it. 

AB hill  Brown thuley (draftpick) long Niang  kelce hardman julio

Patrick  

just for fun you can march CEH out there instead of hardman occasionely.. 

7 minutes ago, robgar said:

they can have a 2022 3rd for him, provided we can come to terms with him on a new contract, and well lets grab AB while we are at it. 

AB hill  Brown thuley (draftpick) long Niang  kelce hardman julio

Patrick  

just for fun you can march CEH out there instead of hardman occasionely.. 

MEh joke all you want but it makes much more sense than your giving it credit.  

Love how when I was screaming that Watkins was waaaay overpaid and we should move on because his talent wasn't worth the cost people argued that when he is healthy he adds that much more to our O and allows that much more freedom for Hill and Kelce plus screaming for Reid.

What do you think a guy like Julio will add?  I wouldn't even insult Julio by saying Watkins is a poor mans Julio....Cause he isn't even that good. 

Julio will come SUPER CHEAP compared to what Veach has shown he is willing to spend on a WR.  The only problem is what it will take to trade for him..a 1st?  A 2nd?  a player+mid round pick?  Thats the only real question we should have.

Veach paid Watkins $20M 

Veach offered JuJu $10M 

Why wouldn't Veach be ok with $15M, $11M and $11M for Julio Jones?    

5 hours ago, Balto said:

MEh joke all you want but it makes much more sense than your giving it credit.  

Love how when I was screaming that Watkins was waaaay overpaid and we should move on because his talent wasn't worth the cost people argued that when he is healthy he adds that much more to our O and allows that much more freedom for Hill and Kelce plus screaming for Reid.

What do you think a guy like Julio will add?  I wouldn't even insult Julio by saying Watkins is a poor mans Julio....Cause he isn't even that good. 

Julio will come SUPER CHEAP compared to what Veach has shown he is willing to spend on a WR.  The only problem is what it will take to trade for him..a 1st?  A 2nd?  a player+mid round pick?  Thats the only real question we should have.

Veach paid Watkins $20M 

Veach offered JuJu $10M 

Why wouldn't Veach be ok with $15M, $11M and $11M for Julio Jones?    

Yes. Its possible. It seems KC is in the win it now mode a bit more than building for the future. Thus signing veteran proven production now vs potential. Hope Veach nails the draft.