Atlanta getting calls on Julio

19 hours ago, Balto said:

Come on guys this is a must if not to expensive.  Julio even at his age is still a top 5 wr and some would say better than Hill.  Even when Sammy was healthy he was not even close to the same level of talent Julio is.

Problem, like others have pointed out.  Falcons will wait till June 1st for cap reasons thus meaning no picks this year will be involved.  I’ve read everything from a 1st+later pick to a 2nd+later pick.  I’m thinking it will cost us our 1st BUT maybe this would work....

Atlanta  gets:

2022 2nd

Hardman, Ridley is a #1 and maybe they try Hardman on the other side on cheap contract.

LDT, if he agrees to trade this just pushes it over the top.

Chiefs get:

Julio Jones

Can be agreed before draft so both teams know in case it effects draft targets and such.

I have zero questions about Julio’s talents for the next 3 years.

This move guarantees us multiple SBs

There's no such thing as a guaranteed SB.  Too many things can go wrong such as a DE lining up wrong, a ref making a bad call, a bad bounce, or both OTs going down.  The best team doesn't always make it to the SB and even when they do, it's not a guaranteed win.  

1 hour ago, jetlord said:

There's no such thing as a guaranteed SB.  Too many things can go wrong such as a DE lining up wrong, a ref making a bad call, a bad bounce, or both OTs going down.  The best team doesn't always make it to the SB and even when they do, it's not a guaranteed win.  

Exactly.  We were a far better team on paper than Tampa.  Our first meeting proved that.  Probably better than our LIV team.  Injuries and a few shitty calls kept us from repeating.  

1 hour ago, SEMO said:

Exactly.  We were a far better team on paper than Tampa.  Our first meeting proved that.  Probably better than our LIV team.  Injuries and a few shitty calls kept us from repeating.  

I really hope TB makes it back to the SB this year so we can mash them and maybe end Brady's career on a terrible SB loss.

3 hours ago, AFCWEST said:

Yes. Its possible. It seems KC is in the win it now mode a bit more than building for the future. Thus signing veteran proven production now vs potential. Hope Veach nails the draft. 

I think it’s both but when you’ve been to back to back SBs wouldn’t any team be in win now mode?  Like every year lol

1 hour ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

The only way this works is if the falcons take a mid round pick and julio agrees to tear his contract for a new team friendly deal in order to win a superbowl.

neither of those is happening and julio is too injury prone now to give any significant picks and cap dollars to

His contract is team friendly 

8 minutes ago, Balto said:

His contract is team friendly 

No it wasn't.  Salaries through 2022 are all fully guaranteed.  The last 2 years are team friendly but only if he's traded and only to the team taking him on, but it definitely was not team friendly for Atlanta with all the bonuses making the cap hits really high.  

This year it would necessitate clearing around 6 mil in cap room to accommodate his salary plus we'd be tight against the cap even if we did that meaning you'd really need to clear out 10 at least.  

Not saying it's not doable.  An HB extension could take care of all that and that should be coming after the draft.

4 minutes ago, xen said:

No it wasn't.  Salaries through 2022 are all fully guaranteed.  The last 2 years are team friendly but only if he's traded and only to the team taking him on, but it definitely was not team friendly for Atlanta with all the bonuses making the cap hits really high.  

This year it would necessitate clearing around 6 mil in cap room to accommodate his salary plus we'd be tight against the cap even if we did that meaning you'd really need to clear out 10 at least.  

Not saying it's not doable.  An HB extension could take care of all that and that should be coming after the draft.

Was saying it’s team friendly for us.  

22 hours ago, Balto said:

MEh joke all you want but it makes much more sense than your giving it credit.  

Love how when I was screaming that Watkins was waaaay overpaid and we should move on because his talent wasn't worth the cost people argued that when he is healthy he adds that much more to our O and allows that much more freedom for Hill and Kelce plus screaming for Reid.

What do you think a guy like Julio will add?  I wouldn't even insult Julio by saying Watkins is a poor mans Julio....Cause he isn't even that good. 

Julio will come SUPER CHEAP compared to what Veach has shown he is willing to spend on a WR.  The only problem is what it will take to trade for him..a 1st?  A 2nd?  a player+mid round pick?  Thats the only real question we should have.

Veach paid Watkins $20M 

Veach offered JuJu $10M 

Why wouldn't Veach be ok with $15M, $11M and $11M for Julio Jones?    

My God, I now agree with you twice on the same day....

Apocalypse coming.....

6 minutes ago, xen said:

I don't know.  I'm warming back up to this idea.  Dammit Balto almost has me convinced.  This would require some very real sorcery by Veach to make happen though.

I keep thinking that when Hardman is up for a new contract after 2022 he is just gonna want more money than what he will be worth to this team.  I also think gaining Hardman, a guy that can do many things, and maybe is able to step up in THAT system plus a cheap next couple of years will be an interest to the Falcons.

I'd like to see:

Falcons get:

2022 2nd+Hardman

Chiefs get:

Julio Jones

Then with our #144 look at drafting a guy like Anthony Schwartz, WR out of auburn to replace what Hardman does for US when you have a healthy Watkins taking snaps.

Cap wise I think the main thing is to get HB on a new deal that should open up almost exactly enough cap to get our draft picks signed(moving those picks for Brown actually helps haha).  So now we have Julio's $15M for this year under our cap!  Then the following two years are about zero guaranteed money and only $11.5M a year.  Gives us an elite player but doesn't handicap us long term. 

2 hours ago, Balto said:

I keep thinking that when Hardman is up for a new contract after 2022 he is just gonna want more money than what he will be worth to this team.  I also think gaining Hardman, a guy that can do many things, and maybe is able to step up in THAT system plus a cheap next couple of years will be an interest to the Falcons.

I'd like to see:

Falcons get:

2022 2nd+Hardman

Chiefs get:

Julio Jones

Then with our #144 look at drafting a guy like Anthony Schwartz, WR out of auburn to replace what Hardman does for US when you have a healthy Watkins taking snaps.

Cap wise I think the main thing is to get HB on a new deal that should open up almost exactly enough cap to get our draft picks signed(moving those picks for Brown actually helps haha).  So now we have Julio's $15M for this year under our cap!  Then the following two years are about zero guaranteed money and only $11.5M a year.  Gives us an elite player but doesn't handicap us long term. 

Considering the salary, age and injuries last year I would think you don't need both mecole and a 2nd to get it done.

18 hours ago, SEMO said:

That, and TB was motivated for revenge. Cheetah didn't help by rubbing their faces in it back in December. Never give another team ammo. They'll use it against you every time.

2 hours ago, mex said:

That, and TB was motivated for revenge. Cheetah didn't help by rubbing their faces in it back in December. Never give another team ammo. They'll use it against you every time.

Exactly like how we have the ammo now!  Bring it Brady

8 hours ago, xen said:

I don't know.  I'm warming back up to this idea.  Dammit Balto almost has me convinced.  This would require some very real sorcery by Veach to make happen though.

At first I was totally against it but I'm with you xen.  If we can get out of the contract after two years and we can make the money work.   Sign me up.   Jones wouldn't have to be the number one but dang when he's right how would anyone stop us.    Jones, Hill, Kelce, CEH then toss in Hardman for gadget plays.   

Yes a 3rd does makes sense because we are helping them out but the problem with that is Julio is still an elite player unlike some recent salary dumps in the NFL.

Our 3rd in 2022 is in the Falcons mind going to be almost a 4th and I’m sure a mini bidding war will happen with WR needy teams.  So we bump up to a 2nd plus add in Hardman to just get the deal done.

2 hours ago, Balto said:

Yes a 3rd does makes sense because we are helping them out but the problem with that is Julio is still an elite player unlike some recent salary dumps in the NFL.

Our 3rd in 2022 is in the Falcons mind going to be almost a 4th and I’m sure a mini bidding war will happen with WR needy teams.  So we bump up to a 2nd plus add in Hardman to just get the deal done.

He is 32 Balto, and coming off an injury plagued year.  He isn't elite anymore until he proves he's still elite.  He was the best in the League but no team is giving up more than a 2nd rounder for him knowing Atlanta will have to cut him.  Its a hard tough decision on Altanta's part but better to get something and alleviate more cap space than cut him and live with the dead cap hit.   If I was Veach I'd offer him our 2022 3rd rounder and make it a conditional 2nder if he reaches certain stipulations such as Pro Bowl or 1000 yards and 10 TD's or something like that.   

If, and its a big if, he comes back elite no one will have a problem ponying up a 2nd for 2-3 years of very good wr play.   

2 minutes ago, Balto said:

Ok Lamar you won me over!!!

Chiefs get:

Julio Jones, WR

Falcons get:

2022 3rd that could turn into a 2nd

Hardman, WR

My take. Trading Hardman would be another Joe Horn mistake. NO no less. Hardman is set to emerge year three.

3 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

My take. Trading Hardman would be another Joe Horn mistake. NO no less. Hardman is set to emerge year three.

But are you gonna give him that large LONG contract he’ll be wanting soon?