Atlanta getting calls on Julio

2 minutes ago, Balto said:

But are you gonna give him that large LONG contract he’ll be wanting soon?

Not there yet and he has cto earn it first. Too much talent to deal for an old guy , with a big contract and include picks. No thank you. Should be some veteran receivers cut soon.

4 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

Not there yet and he has cto earn it first. Too much talent to deal for an old guy , with a big contract and include picks. No thank you. Should be some veteran receivers cut soon.

His contract isn’t big at all.  It’s very very good for “the trading team”.  

21 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

Big compared to what? Does not matter I still dont deal Hardman. 

$20M Veach paid Watkins

$10M Veach offered JuJu

Veach obviously values a good #2 Wideout for Reid’s system.  

Julio:

’21-$15M, we have the room so why not?

’22-$11M, only couple million of this is guaranteed! cheaaaaap

’23-$11M, zero guaranteed!  Again cheaaaaaap

perfect contract for this team

8 minutes ago, Balto said:

$20M Veach paid Watkins

$10M Veach offered JuJu

Julio:

perfect contract for this team

That was before adding Brown. That changes everything money wise. I do want Hardman traded period. 

We would be completely bitching about Watkins but for KC winning it all. Watkins was a horrible Veach signing and resigned the guy also not good. I hated that deal at the time but Watkins showed up in the playoffs.

1 hour ago, AFCWEST said:

That was before adding Brown. That changes everything money wise. I do want Hardman traded period. 

We would be completely bitching about Watkins but for KC winning it all. Watkins was a horrible Veach signing and resigned the guy also not good. I hated that deal at the time but Watkins showed up in the playoffs.

Cap is gonna boom up with extra game plus new tv deals.  Julio’s $11M is not gonna effect if Veach signs Brown or not.

• 4 weeks later...

2 minutes ago, KC Warpaint said:

Jones, whose base salary of $15.3 million is fully guaranteed for this season, is scheduled to cost the Falcons $23.05 million against the cap in 2021 and has cap hits of $19.263 million in 2022 and 2023. 😲

See post above on how it can work easily.

Honestly a no brainer for this team if Veach can be ok with what we have to give up.  

-Veach doesn't have to hope/look for a #2 as he gets what he has always wanted....a #1.A and #1.B in Hill+Julio

-Julio's contract is very team friendly for the future and Veach will just need to make room for his $15M 2021 cap hit which should be super easy with multiple options to get it done...HB contract being the main one I'd look at.

-Compensation....Rumors have been all over the place and it seems Falcons asked for a 1st before draft and some team supposedly offered a 3rd that could turn into a 2nd with 10+ games played but Falcons passed.  I'm thinking a 2nd with no conditions will get it done.  Now with us having a late 2nd more than likely is not good for us and will probably have to add a mid round pick, our 1st OR a player+our 2nd.  Still think a Hardman+our 2rd or 3rd gets it done.

Veach HAS to make this happen! 

36 minutes ago, KC Warpaint said:

Jones, whose base salary of $15.3 million is fully guaranteed for this season, is scheduled to cost the Falcons $23.05 million against the cap in 2021 and has cap hits of $19.263 million in 2022 and 2023. 😲

$20M Veach paid Watkins

$10M Veach offered JuJu

Julio:

OK, guess I’ll be the Debbie Downer:

1) 30+ year old WRs are not worth three year contracts. Don’t care if it is Julio or not.

2) 30+ year old receivers coming off consecutive years with injuries are are a sign of physical breakdown.

3) For all of Julio’s talent he doesn’t score TDS. He’s not the difference maker everyone thinks.

4) Getting him will stifle the development of our young receiving corps. We need to find out if Pringle and Hardeman can play.

5) We don’t have the cap. 

6) With our salary structure, we need to build our team through the draft, not trade it away for every shiny object out there.

7) IF we make a trade or use our cap, it HAS to be for an edge rusher. We don’t have to score 60 points a game to win anymore.

8 ) There will likely be a bidding war for him. You guys are acting like we can get him off the scrap heap and can dictate terms of the trade.

OK, if you can make a valid counterpoint other than “but I really want him!”, I am all ears.