Dropping in the draft

1 hour ago, Spfdchiefsfan said:

If someone starts dropping that the Chiefs just love, will they jump back into the first round tonight? Or do i even bother watching?

The two second round picks the Chiefs own would get them to about #32 at best.  Hard to imagine any player there that is worth two seconds.  Veach stated that the draft was richest med day two and also that there were about 17-20 (IIRC) top rated picks.  Yeah, he loves to move up for his targeted player, but I don't see it this year.  

1 minute ago, Biggjliv4 said:

I think he may package his 4th or 5th to try to move up in the 2nd, but don't anticipate jumping into the first.  

How about a trade with MIA, 58 and 63 gets 50 + 81?.  Or Washington where 58 and 63 nets 51 + 82  Maybe a late pick next year thrown to the Chiefs to even the trade value.  Not sure who Veach would be targeting earlier in the second, but I could see it happening.  

Personally, I'd like to see us be aggressive and go after a DE or WR we really like in the 2nd using our 58 to move up.  Then grab what falls to us staying at 63. Like to walk away with 3 starters in the 2nd or at least instant rotational players. But still have a couple picks left for developmental in 4th or 5th. 

2 hours ago, Biggjliv4 said:

Personally, I'd like to see us be aggressive and go after a DE or WR we really like in the 2nd using our 58 to move up.  Then grab what falls to us staying at 63. Like to walk away with 3 starters in the 2nd or at least instant rotational players. But still have a couple picks left for developmental in 4th or 5th. 

? If we use the 58th pick to move up, we would only still have 2 second round picks. Are you talking of using other picks ti get a third pick in the 2nd round?

Just now, AFCWEST said:

Could include next years picks. Maybe even #1 for the perfect awesome edge guy. Veach is fearless and has job security.

We are so use to not having a 1st, and it will be end of the round any ways, might as well trade it

If a talent falls that far and we get an early second to get the one guy we need/bpa plus still have the other 2 picks..... I am good with it.

Just now, kkuenn said:

We are so use to not having a 1st, and it will be end of the round any ways, might as well trade it

If a talent falls that far and we get an early second to get the one guy we need/bpa plus still have the other 2 picks..... I am good with it.

For fun What would you give up to get one of these guys? 

• Jaelan Phillips (Jr., Miami, 6-foot-5, 260 pounds) ...
  • Jayson Oweh (So., Penn St., 6-4, 257) ...
  • Carlos Basham Jr. ( ...
  • Joseph Ossai (Jr., Texas, 6-3, 256) ...

1 minute ago, sith13 said:

There's no draft capital to move to 1st unless we send a solid player packing but the draft itself is always fun to watch. Love to see some top prospects fall 

Maybe next years #1 included with this years #2? 

16 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

For fun What would you give up to get one of these guys? 

• Jaelan Phillips (Jr., Miami, 6-foot-5, 260 pounds) ...
  • Jayson Oweh (So., Penn St., 6-4, 257) ...
  • Carlos Basham Jr. ( ...
  • Joseph Ossai (Jr., Texas, 6-3, 256) ...

If I felt good about the medicals Phillips would be the only player I would give up next years first for but it would only be that 1st and our 4th this year.    I would give up 58 and next years second for him.    A little less for Oweh but close.   I think Basham is there at 58 and is our pick.   Nothing for Ossai.

Just now, AFCWEST said:

Maybe next years #1 included? 

the only thing that scares me about tradn a next year #1 is this.. God forbid Patrick get hurt and we manage an 8-8  season thats one hell of a pick to give away regardless unless that player becomes a perianal ALL PRO

Just now, oldtimer said:

the only thing that scares me about tradn a next year #1 is this.. God forbid Patrick get hurt and we manage an 8-8  season thats one hell of a pick to give away regardless unless that player becomes a perianal ALL PRO

Sure. To me its about who KC gets now more than what the other team gets. I would love another great pass rushing DE! 

5 minutes ago, Biggjliv4 said:

This was an unconventional season and draft, I wouldn't touch trading next year's picks for this draft class. 

We are discussing moving back into round one for the guy you want now. Great DE for instance. You know who you are taking. 

11 minutes ago, xen said:

I don't think there's a pass rusher in this class that I would trade back into rd 1 for.

Me either.  

There are some others that I would, though.  For instance if Jenkins somehow gets past Tennessee, I am on the phone to NYJ and offering 58 and next years 1st.  Niang can play guard. for all I care.  Jenkins added to that line is FUKKING frightening.