Dropping in the draft

3 hours ago, AFCWEST said:

For fun What would you give up to get one of these guys? 

• Jaelan Phillips (Jr., Miami, 6-foot-5, 260 pounds) ...
  • Jayson Oweh (So., Penn St., 6-4, 257) ...
  • Carlos Basham Jr. ( ...
  • Joseph Ossai (Jr., Texas, 6-3, 256) ...

Our first next year and a pick this year. Maybe a player or pick also next year.

2 hours ago, azchief21 said:

Very happy with the Bolton pick. Veach has had an incredible offseason.

Seems like a late 1st early 2nd type of prospect, surprised but happy that he lasted so long. Getting a solid day one starter without packaging the pick is a home run.

2 minutes ago, sith13 said:

Seems like a late 1st early 2nd type of prospect, surprised but happy that he lasted so long. Getting a solid day one starter without packaging the pick is a home run.

That's my thoughts as well. It seemed like a big drop from late 1/early 2 LBs to where we were picking. Glad he dropped. I think he'll contribute a lot. Course I thought Gay would contribute more than he did last year.

1 minute ago, azchief21 said:

That's my thoughts as well. It seemed like a big drop from late 1/early 2 LBs to where we were picking. Glad he dropped. I think he'll contribute a lot. Course I thought Gay would contribute more than he did last year.

It's not easy to overtake a HOF LB like Nieman :D

Hopefully we won't have the "mental" issues like Gay this time around, Bolton is a tackling machine that can keep up with pretty much anyone.

Honestly the Chiefs LB corps was the worst in the NFL until last night. It's nearly impossible to get upset with a GM about upgrading his worst position group.

He is a playmaking guy who loves to hit and has a nose for the ball and who eventually should be able to be left on the field for 3 downs along with Gay.  That will change the dynamic of our defense so much. TB showed what having those athletes at LB can do for a defense.

Plus he will kick over and play Mike next year and replace Hitchens at a fraction of the price, and has natural instincts that can't be taught. Pretty much the anti Hitchens. I'm still worried about depth at LB but if nothing else this should ensure Niemanns spot at the end of the roster is now tentative at best.

There is still a few WRs that could help pretty quickly,  but edge rushers who fit Spags scheme are dwindling down to nothing. It looks like that may be a position we bandaid and hit hard in next years draft. I fully expect to see a guy like Ingram or Houston brought into the fold after the draft.

This team is going to be good, and our identity on offense is going to change a bit. Little more running and not as much window dressing. Plus Pat with protection is a dangerous thing for any defense as he literally has ability to see the field that is as good as I have ever seen on a QB.

I still maintain that a receiving TE is a HUGE need for this team. If Kelce went down that element of our offense and that area of the field where defenses have to account for, would be completely non existent. We have to have someone there that can force a good coverage LB or S to account for them or teams are gonna be able to crowd the LOS and/or double our WRs on the outside. We cannot just assume he is iron man and never gonna miss snaps. If he got hurt, it would take about 2 quarter for fans to start calling Veach out for never addressing TE2. Because the change would be that dramatic. The remaining list of FA TE's has my neighbor in the top 10. And she is a 76 year old retiree.

6 minutes ago, xen said:

Bolton will crush not just LBs but souls.  Dude is a destroyer of worlds.  I love how this kid plays.  Probably needs to reign it in sometimes but man can he play.

Finally a successor for DJ in the middle.  I love it!

11 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Honestly the Chiefs LB corps was the worst in the NFL until last night. It's nearly impossible to get upset with a GM about upgrading his worst position group.

He is a playmaking guy who loves to hit and has a nose for the ball and who eventually should be able to be left on the field for 3 downs along with Gay.  That will change the dynamic of our defense so much. TB showed what having those athletes at LB can do for a defense.

Plus he will kick over and play Mike next year and replace Hitchens at a fraction of the price, and has natural instincts that can't be taught. Pretty much the anti Hitchens. I'm still worried about depth at LB but if nothing else this should ensure Niemanns spot at the end of the roster is now tentative at best.

There is still a few WRs that could help pretty quickly,  but edge rushers who fit Spags scheme are dwindling down to nothing. It looks like that may be a position we bandaid and hit hard in next years draft. I fully expect to see a guy like Ingram or Houston brought into the fold after the draft.

This team is going to be good, and our identity on offense is going to change a bit. Little more running and not as much window dressing. Plus Pat with protection is a dangerous thing for any defense as he literally has ability to see the field that is as good as I have ever seen on a QB.

I still maintain that a receiving TE is a HUGE need for this team. If Kelce went down that element of our offense and that area of the field where defenses have to account for, would be completely non existent. We have to have someone there that can force a good coverage LB or S to account for them or teams are gonna be able to crowd the LOS and/or double our WRs on the outside. We cannot just assume he is iron man and never gonna miss snaps. If he got hurt, it would take about 2 quarter for fans to start calling Veach out for never addressing TE2. Because the change would be that dramatic. The remaining list of FA TE's has my neighbor in the top 10. And she is a 76 year old retiree.

I still think there are some intriguing day 3 tight ends. 

Brevin Jordan still out there and can play the F or move TE.  Great receiver.

Zach Davidson probably my favorite day 3 flier

Nick Eubanks has ability as an F or H TE

Noah Gray from Duke could be a good move TE

There's a few others that can play.

5 hours ago, sith13 said:

It's not easy to overtake a HOF LB like Nieman :D

Hopefully we won't have the "mental" issues like Gay this time around, Bolton is a tackling machine that can keep up with pretty much anyone.

Covid Training Camp Issues did not help him. 

3 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Isnt Brevin Jordan available?  I’d be willing to move up and grab him and then a wr and call it a day.

2 hours ago, xen said:

I still think there are some intriguing day 3 tight ends. 

Brevin Jordan still out there and can play the F or move TE.  Great receiver.

Zach Davidson probably my favorite day 3 flier

Nick Eubanks has ability as an F or H TE

Noah Gray from Duke could be a good move TE

There's a few others that can play.

Shocked that Brevin is still there.  Didn’t test well but can play

One other guy still available that I'd like the Chiefs to consider.  David Moore, the 320# OG from Grambling.  Think about a line of Brown, Thuney, Creed, Moore, and Niang.  Okay, three untested rookies to rein in the excitement, but that could be a line to protect Pat and run behind that we couldn't even dream about last season.  

4 hours ago, sith13 said:

I wanted to grab him, some worries for sure but huge upside. Too bad he didn't last long enough. 

I actually think Trey Smith will be better for us because of the hole we will have at RG next year.   I can't imagine Orlando Brown not being extended.

21 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

I actually think Trey Smith will be better for us because of the hole we will have at RG next year.   I can't imagine Orlando Brown not being extended.

Trading so much for a 1-year rental isn't very likely. I believe they have some kind of an agreement in place, even if it's just in principal. 

I like Smith but always thought Niang could move inside if he doesn't make it outside or the other way around with a guy like Forsythe. Overall I'm happy with the OL additions in the draft and the staff is the one that knows how Niang will end up. 

6 hours ago, sith13 said:

Trading so much for a 1-year rental isn't very likely. I believe they have some kind of an agreement in place, even if it's just in principal. 

I like Smith but always thought Niang could move inside if he doesn't make it outside or the other way around with a guy like Forsythe. Overall I'm happy with the OL additions in the draft and the staff is the one that knows how Niang will end up. 

Yeah I think they have something in place.   In all honesty its wise for both sides probably more so for the Chiefs.   He he struggles you can always put him on the rights side and extend him, but if he dominates on the left side I don't have any problem with paying him top end LT money.   We will have a rookie contract at C, RG, and RT which will easily offset LT and LG.