1 minute ago, xen said:

It's in every GMs job description.  That doesn't mean they do it well.  I'm sure you'd prefer we have a Gettleman or Bill O’Brien sucking at the job as maybe you could beat us then, but we'll go ahead and roll with our guy.  It's worked out pretty well so far. 

The track record for chiefs GMs up until Veach was not great so please excuse us while we just go ahead and enjoy ourselves without your permission.

Exactly. I just enjoy knowing KC is in every game. Its not superbowl or failure for me. 

I remember just praying for a playoff win to get the monkey off the teams back. Yes we deserve to enjoy this team while we can. No guarantees in life.

1 minute ago, AFCWEST said:

Exactly. I just enjoy knowing KC is in every game. Its not superbowl or failure for me. 

I remember just praying for a playoff win to get the monkey off the teams back. Yes we deserve to enjoy this team while we can. No guarantees in life.

Yes sir.  I waited my whole life for this and will enjoy every minute of it.  

1 minute ago, xen said:

Yes sir.  I waited my whole life for this and will enjoy every minute of it.  

Yep. 50 years is a long time. I also enjoy the team continuity and lack of drama. Win or lose, its nice to see some players getting what they deserve and staying in KC. Coaches are also treated with respect. First Class all the way. Its draft day. Im loving it.

1 hour ago, Handswarmer said:

On this board, and with other friends I have that are KC fans, the tendency to use Mahomes as a measuring stick skews the evaluation of LJ.

The knock on him is "he can't throw"- but he doesn't have to as much as others. But his pass efficiency is right there at the top of the league

Until he has to throw in volume.  That's always been our game plan in beating you and our defense isn't elite.   I think LJ is super talented but he hasn't developed his passing game to the degree he needs to take the next step.   I would be happy to have him as our QB if we didn't have Mahomes but his limitations are going to make it difficult when you have to pay him close to or over $40 million per year.   I don't subscribe to the "he is a running back" claim.  He is a good qb overall but he is good because his running ability opens up the passing game for him.  I know he can be accurate passing deep but teams have to respect the run which gives him advantageous numbers on the back end.    

1 hour ago, Handswarmer said:

My TEAMS GM??? Really, get a grip man...

If you do not think that EDC will be creative with LJ8's contract then you are crazy.

You can be creative all you want at the end of the day you are going to be paying him upwards of 40 mil per year.  We can keep pushing the money back on Mahomes till the cap is higher but we eventually have to pay him that money and it will be 10-15 times more than when he was on that rookie contract.  That means pick two 1-2 of your best players and take them off the team.   We are already at that spot and still a better overall team.   Hard for me to see how Eric has done a better job than Veach considering we are already past the rookie contract.   

1 minute ago, Lamardirts said:

Until he has to throw in volume.  That's always been our game plan in beating you and our defense isn't elite.   I think LJ is super talented but he hasn't developed his passing game to the degree he needs to take the next step.   I would be happy to have him as our QB if we didn't have Mahomes but his limitations are going to make it difficult when you have to pay him close to or over $40 million per year.   I don't subscribe to the "he is a running back" claim.  He is a good qb overall but he is good because his running ability opens up the passing game for him.  I know he can be accurate passing deep but teams have to respect the run which gives him advantageous numbers on the back end.    

How long will Jackson be able to play before suffering a injury? Its the NFL not flag football. Big risk giving him a big contract with his current style of play. Maybe he will dial back his penchant for looking to run so often.

33 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

Mobility is basically what's keeping LJ's passing game alive but he has neither the accuracy nor the arm strength to be an effective passer when it really matters. I see him leading the Ravens to the playoffs as long as he can stay healthy but nothing further. There's always the possibility of ending like RG3. 

2 minutes ago, sith13 said:

Mobility is basically what's keeping LJ's passing game alive but he has neither the accuracy nor the arm strength to be an effective passer when it really matters. I see him leading the Ravens to the playoffs as long as he can stay healthy but nothing further. There's always the possibility of ending like RG3. 

Cam Newton is another example. 

2 hours ago, oldtimer said:

so basically your holding it against those of us who are appreciative of what we got after 50 years of  sometimes average to often abysmal GMing? Your bordering on  becoming a troll again..maybe come back next season?

There is appreciation and then there is as someone in here famously wrote "shameless ball-washing"- I wish I could remember who that was? I wasn't me.

1 hour ago, Lamardirts said:

You can be creative all you want at the end of the day you are going to be paying him upwards of 40 mil per year.  We can keep pushing the money back on Mahomes till the cap is higher but we eventually have to pay him that money and it will be 10-15 times more than when he was on that rookie contract.  That means pick two 1-2 of your best players and take them off the team.   We are already at that spot and still a better overall team.   Hard for me to see how Eric has done a better job than Veach considering we are already past the rookie contract.   

Please show me where I said EDC has done a better job than Veach.

There is a way to pay him- his option for the 5th year will be $23 mill.

1 hour ago, Lamardirts said:

Actually he has more success in the short and intermediate range- the deep passes are an issue but I put that more on the WR than LJ. Look at what getting a Stefon Diggs did for Allen in Buff. Big Ben has always had top notch WR's.

I also only see he avg salary being in the $30-32 mill a year range. As everyone is saying in here, the cap explosion next year will allow for more spending. Ravens have about $15mill right now so maybe they roll over $7-8 next year

34 minutes ago, sith13 said:

His arm strength? LOL

Accuracy? Last year he was 2% behind Mahomes (66 to 64)

Its the Depp ball that isn't there. Now if he had Hill, Kelce and Hardman or Drob.....

He avoids more hits than he takes.

6 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

His arm strength? LOL

Accuracy? Last year he was 2% behind Mahomes (66 to 64)

Its the Depp ball that isn't there. Now if he had Hill, Kelce and Hardman or Drob.....

He avoids more hits than he takes.

He could easily have DRob or Hardman, trust me there's nothing to pay for either of them.

LJ has more interceptions than touchdowns when he matters and consistently keeps failing to take charge in the playoffs. It's much easier to maintain a misleading accuracy percentage when the guy is scared to actually let the ball go. Not to mention the 55% or something in the playoffs. 

LJ may end up being a smarter Vick but that would be him really overachieving and so far doesn't seem to be on the right track. That being said he definitely deserves at most 2% less than Mahomes, please pay him.